Quest

we board the mariner next week and i was wondering... i heard so much about quest and wanted to know if it is something you have to participate in or can you just be a spectator??

we board the mariner next week and i was wondering... i heard so much about quest and wanted to know if it is something you have to participate in or can you just be a spectator??

You can be a spectator.

Be sure to bring your camera; it is a lot of fun, but you don't want to know too much about it in advance as the surprise of it is part of what makes it fun.

I just got off the Mariner and participated. Be sure you are game for ANYTHING:D

Participate!

It's more fun ;)

Participate or not - either way, it's hilarious and so much fun. I had no intention of participating but got totally caught up in the game and ended up playing the game. OMG, I wish I could tell you my favorite part, but part of the fun is not knowing what to expect and experiencing it yourself.:D :eek: ;)

Katink

We have done both .. participation is soooo much more fun! :D

My family did it on the Majesty of the Seas several years ago....and we WON!!! It was halarious and I couldn't believe how my son (who was then about 16), and can be very reserved, jumped in and actually won it for us at the end!! You have to do it!

We are on the SOS on Aug. 4th and we will be participating! ;)

Ok, we love this game!!! It is really crazy fun. We have played it 7 or 8 times and have NEVER won. Seriously, we think we are being so smart and "preparing" (those that have played know what i mean), but NNNNNOOOOOOO........... Ahh well, one day. :D

I went for the first time last cruise, and I just spectated. It was amusing at times, but I don't think I'd go again. Also they tape it, so if you participate, you could be on YouTube or in someone's photo album for a long time. I was actually worried for some of the people who participated because of what they were doing; I felt like everyone's mother.

(**spoiler alert: for ex., one thing they said was, 'we need a woman in your group to crawl up here on your hands and knees and bark like a dog." 10 women actually were eager to do this in front of a huge crowd of people, many with cameras. I just don't think it's advisable. Maybe it's just me.)

I took my 22yo son & his g/f on the Vision with me last fall. Told him that The Quest was something he simply *had* to see. Imagine my surprise when he turned out to be a key participant on the team! :eek: :D (Oh, and our team won! He was so proud of the gold medals they gave us!)

I went for the first time last cruise, and I just spectated. It was amusing at times, but I don't think I'd go again. Also they tape it, so if you participate, you could be on YouTube or in someone's photo album for a long time. I was actually worried for some of the people who participated because of what they were doing; I felt like everyone's mother.

(**spoiler alert: for ex., one thing they said was, 'we need a woman in your group to crawl up here on your hands and knees and bark like a dog." 10 women actually were eager to do this in front of a huge crowd of people, many with cameras. I just don't think it's advisable. Maybe it's just me.)

Sure some of the stuff is, "ahem".. questionable...it's all just fun! Much to our surprise, my very macho, soon to be a firefighter, hockey player son, was on the video along with about 10 other guys, dressed in high heels, and a bra, etc...lol...

So I say...what happens in the caribbean...stays in the caribbean!

We love participating - even my dad, who is not crazy or outgoing at all. For some reason, on our last cruise our family seemed to be the only ones in our group participating. My aunt was one of our leaders, and DH contributed more than anybody else on our team. For a first time cruiser, he was great! Granted, we cheated a little bit and came prepared, but since the games change slightly depending on the CD, you can only be so prepared. Sadly, we lost. :(

We have done both .. participation is soooo much more fun! :D

My family did it on the Majesty of the Seas several years ago....and we WON!!! It was halarious and I couldn't believe how my son (who was then about 16), and can be very reserved, jumped in and actually won it for us at the end!! You have to do it!

We are on the SOS on Aug. 4th and we will be participating! ;)

If he ended up winning it for you, I think I know what he was wearing!

I do think it's "just you." That is quite tame.

We love participating - even my dad, who is not crazy or outgoing at all. For some reason, on our last cruise our family seemed to be the only ones in our group participating. My aunt was one of our leaders, and DH contributed more than anybody else on our team. For a first time cruiser, he was great! Granted, we cheated a little bit and came prepared, but since the games change slightly depending on the CD, you can only be so prepared. Sadly, we lost. :(

People who come prepared really take the fun out of it.

I agree, "What happens on board at Quest, stays on board".....

Quest shouldnt be missed. Spectator or team captain/participant, it is all in fun and nowadays there is so much to really worry about, I wouldnt worry about showing up on the web somewhere, no one truly cares anymore.

(marci- my daughter wasnt even in the cruise in review video....actually she was in one 5 second clip maybe and our team won if you recall, she was team captain. I think as things go today, Quest isnt out of control, kids/teens definitely know more than we think they do and its all in good fun.)

I do think it's "just you." That is quite tame.

Well if I had to hire someone for a job position, and there were 2 candidates, and one was on YouTube, crawling across a floor and barking like a dog, I might not choose that one.

We were sitting with some of our dinner tablemates, and were handed a team number whether we wanted one or not. We were selective in the challenges we chose to participate in, and mostly had fun watching. Either way, it's fun.

well, you guys are obviously great at keeping a secret;) but it sounds like fun. are kids allowed?

Can't remember if little kids are allowed...but our son was only 16 and he was no only allowed, but participated.

It is not 'recommended' for kids. I have a compass around here somewhere, but I can tell you our 15yo son participated in December. Our 19.5yo was Team Captain a few weeks ago (& we WON!). The kids have always come with us to Quest and you will always see other kids there. Guess it depends on your own family but it is hilarious and so much fun. You can pop onto youtube and find some clips.

Agreed, NOT to be missed.

Well if I had to hire someone for a job position, and there were 2 candidates, and one was on YouTube, crawling across a floor and barking like a dog, I might not choose that one.

And how does one go searching for job applicants on YouTube?:rolleyes: As I said before, crawling across a floor and barking like a dog is tame at a Quest.

Archived