I Lost Weight On A Cruise!

DocF

We returned from our 8 day cruise on the Pride on August 29. I hopped on the scale this morning to see how much I had gained and I was pleased to find I now weigh 195, down from pre-cruise 198.

Warm chocolate melting cake is now officially designated as a diet food.

Doc:p

We returned from our 8 day cruise on the Pride on August 29. I hopped on the scale this morning to see how much I had gained and I was pleased to find I now weigh 195, down from pre-cruise 198.

Troll!

HAHA...just kidding. My wife and I love to do the spinning classes just before dinner to make extra room for the warm chocolate melting cake.

That's wonderful!!!!

It all depends on your lifestyle and what you like to do while on vacation. Some like to maintain their routine --- We still do workouts, eating somewhat healthy, etc. while on the cruise. Don't get me wrong, we do indulge in the warm chocolate melting cake and the fruity drinks we want, we just be sure to work it off extra hard at the gym or walking around/taking stairs.

Others say to heck with it I'm on vacation and I'll lose it when they get back, and other simply don't care.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not putting anyone down by saying they don't care. Some just really don't care about their weight.

With all the stairs, walking on excurions, etc...I just don't understand how people can gain weight on a cruise.

I used the elevator exactly twice on our cruise last year-the two elegant nights that I wore high heels. Otherwise, I walked up and down the stairs every other time I needed to go anywhere. (The rest of my friends and family used the elevators most of the time. Coincidentally, I usually beat them to our destination by using the stairs.) We were on Lido Deck, so I used the stairs a lot. I also exercised on cardio machines for 60 minutes on each of our three sea days.

I walked the islands, I walked the ship, I walked, I walked, I walked. I still gained seven pounds. I can't figure it out.

I am a couch potato at home but very active on cruises. I also find I eat better on the cruises as I don't snack and eat more balanced meals. Last 7 day cruise I lost 10 pounds with no time in the gym but lots of running all over the ship.

I'm looking forward to rising early and walking the track on the ship, watching the sunrise. Has anyone else done this? I'm desperately trying to lose as much weight as I can before my cruise and I don't want to gain any back. I thought this (and all the other walking) would be the way to go.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO DocF: I lost weight on two cruises. One was an NCL cruise. Food was terrible. The other was an RCCL cruise. Food was also pretty bad. Haven't lost weight on a Carnival cruise yet.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO DocF: I lost weight on two cruises. One was an NCL cruise. Food was terrible. The other was an RCCL cruise. Food was also pretty bad. Haven't lost weight on a Carnival cruise yet.

I agree. NCL's food was not half as good as Carnival. Haven't sailed any other cruise lines yet. Carnival has been so good to us.

Congrats on losing weight. I usually try to lose weight before the cruise, then do alot of walking on the track, around the ship, and in port. But the food is usually so good, that I either break even or gain 5 lbs. I just come home and begin the cycle again! Leaving in 54 days can't wait.

That is a very good trick if you ask me. I was about the same after our first cruise, but have gained weight on the last two, about 5 -10 lbs. I had thought about going up and walking the track a little each sea day on our upcoming cruise. I have to take the dog for a walk in the morning at home and thought that keepping it up might to some good at controling the weight gain.

Archived