Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Big help Joanie..I knew about the plexiglass/steel issue but not about the deck. Now I have more to go on when I see my TA next time:). Hope an upgrade is offered! Thank you so much. Carolyn

Hi Joanie

I have photos to share but the link for your email doesn't work on my computer. Could you send me your email?

I am at mawilson at hay dot net

Great job you are doing.

Anne

OD2

Edited by OD2

Hi Joanie

I have photos to share but the link for your email doesn't work on my computer. Could you send me your email?

I am at mawilson at hay dot net

Great job you are doing.

Anne

OD2

Anne, you have email:)

Joanie

Here is a photo of the exterior of the partner to our cabin 4121 on the Zuiderdam. These two cabins are on the upper promenade deck 4. They are the same size as the balcony cabins next door but with an unobstructed floor to ceiling window. We really enjoyed the cabin!

Here is a photo of the exterior of the partner to our cabin 4121 on the Zuiderdam. These two cabins are on the upper promenade deck 4. They are the same size as the balcony cabins next door but with an unobstructed floor to ceiling window. We really enjoyed the cabin!

Cindy, the photo is missing....

If you want to send me the photo at my email with your Cruise Critic Name, Sttaeroom number, Ship, Description and when you sailed I can put it up on my site.

Joanie

Thank you so much for this guide. We decided to squeeze an Alaska cruise into our schedule next summer and this helped a lot. We decided to try our first Inside cabin on Westerdam and choose I8049 because of your recommindations. However, I cannot find any photos and just wonder if it indeed has a couch or seating area? This will be our first ever Inside, but I did hope for a couch.

Thank you so much for this guide. We decided to squeeze an Alaska cruise into our schedule next summer and this helped a lot. We decided to try our first Inside cabin on Westerdam and choose I8049 because of your recommindations. However, I cannot find any photos and just wonder if it indeed has a couch or seating area? This will be our first ever Inside, but I did hope for a couch.

Deleted SEE POST BELOW

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

I looked through all of my Vista and Signature Ships pages for photos of I 8049 or similar staterooms with o luck. Then I went to HAL's web site and found a layout that MAY indicate there is a sofa in one corner of the stateroom (photo is below) HOWEVER, I do not know if we can rely on this as it is a standard layout for the web. What is says and what there actually is may be very different:(

3D_545X_interior.jpg.0c3d228bf76c871da5ace4339027715f.jpg

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joanie,

Following up on your email re: Veendam C327.

The cabin is OV with a small sofa. Perfect location!! Open the cabin door, turn right & the exit door to the outside promenade is there. The stairs + elevators are just to the left. I would book this cabin again in a second. :)

Hi Joanie,

Following up on your email re: Veendam C327.

The cabin is OV with a small sofa. Perfect location!! Open the cabin door, turn right & the exit door to the outside promenade is there. The stairs + elevators are just to the left. I would book this cabin again in a second. :)

Awesome!!! DUH, just saw the stateroom number and made the connection to the photos you sent yesterday:) I am blonde today (Blonder than normal...Will get them up today!!

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!!! DUH, just saw the stateroom number and made the connection to the photos you sent yesterday:) I am blonde today (Blonder than normal...Will get them up today!!

Joanie

LOL... I`m blonde too.

Thanks again for this thread. I find it so helpful for picking a cabin.

OT.. Not sure if you know this answer? DH smokes & would like to know where the smoking areas (or info) is for the Eurodam. We are thinking of booking a Retreat Cabana - does he need to go to the Sea view pool area for a cigarette or is smoking allowed on all open decks ....Panorama deck is just one deck down & seems closer. I told him it is very unlikely there is any area in the Retreat for smoking. :confused: I hope this question isn't too muddled! :D

LOL... I`m blonde too.

Thanks again for this thread. I find it so helpful for picking a cabin.

OT.. Not sure if you know this answer? DH smokes & would like to know where the smoking areas (or info) is for the Eurodam. We are thinking of booking a Retreat Cabana - does he need to go to the Sea view pool area for a cigarette or is smoking allowed on all open decks ....Panorama deck is just one deck down & seems closer. I told him it is very unlikely there is any area in the Retreat for smoking. :confused: I hope this question isn't too muddled! :D

I also am a smoker so it is important to me also:)

All open decks with the exception of the Aft Promenade Deck is ok. Just look for the metallic Ash Trays hanging from the railings:)

The ONE exception to this is when the ship is in the refueling process and then there is NO SMOKING during that time frame. Announcements will be made:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

• 2 weeks later...

Joanie:

It is 1:00 AM and I just received my cabin assignment from HAL and I was disappointed until I looked up the information for my cabin on your thread, saw the pictures and comments! I was pleasantly relieved and happy. You made my evening.;)

This is a great thread and I really appreciate how much work you've done and continue to do! This is a great help and Holland America owes you a big thanks.

Robert

3starMariner.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Is there gather spot for travelers on Westerdam, departing Sept. 29 th?

New to this...

Dallas41

Good Morning and Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

I think I was able to locate your Roll Call, which would be where you can get most of your questions answered and can also ask:)

Just follow this link: 2011 Sept [24,25 & 29] "Hawaii & the Turquoise Seas of the South Pacific" http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1307465

That is a cruise I'd love to do!! Have a blast!!

Joanie

I will be away on my cruise starting on Thursday, 8 September 2011 and will not return until 25 September 2011.

Since I will be away I will not be updating any of the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Pages.

PLEASE keep sending me your photos and descriptions though as my mailbox CAN handle all of it!!

I will start updating the pages on 26 or 27 September 2011!!

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you are having a great cruise! I am faced with a dilemma. I am sailing on HAL NA in January on a 14 day caribbean. I booked a cat j main deck 1018 originally. Recently I was given the opportunity for a fair reduction on the cabin or an even great fair reduction to move up to a Cat E oceanview (1123). I impulsively took the greatest fair reduction and "upgrade" as the room size was quoted to be only 15sq ft (181 vs 196sq ft) difference per a HAL rep. Now fellow CC members are saying that the Cat J is actually MUCH larger than what HAL quotes. Do you have any insight? THANKS!!!

HALrunner, Joanie's website shows that some people reported to her that the J cabins were smaller!

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-1.html

I couldn't find pictures on her site for Deck 1 cabins on either the NA or its sister ship, the Eurodam. I did find this picture though on webshots, which may be of some use:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2672126750102135936huCdDk

I couldn't find pictures on her site for Deck 1 cabins on either the NA or its sister ship, the Eurodam. I did find this picture though on webshots, which may be of some use:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2672126750102135936huCdDk

I am convinced that is not a photo of a Main Deck J-cabin on a Vista or Signature ship.