Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

I just went on the site and it states that it is $24.99 for a lifetime membership. I am a little nervous spending that kind of money and then having only the standard stock photos from the cruise lines. :(

I'm a member of that site, but joined when it was half that price. However, while I use the site extensively, I wouldn't necessarily recommend joining without knowing what it is that you hope to get out of it. For instance, if you're just looking at deck plans, those are free. In addition, if you're only looking for HAL specific information, I'd stick with Joanie's site as it only costs you a "thank you" for her hard work. :)

There are more than stock photos posted on the site you refer to, which I find helpful as they're really travel photos uploaded by travelers rather than stock photos that use creative photography. That said, Joanie's site has similar photos for HAL and more thorough descriptions from the travelers who provided the photos. The other site offers the photos but not the comments.

O.K. I give up, where do I find the photos? What do I click on to take me to the photos?? I'm not really computer illiterate. I only get HAL's official shots or your personal cruise shots.

Never mind I found it. I was looking for pictures of the staterooms with a window but not a veranda. They didn't have any.

Edited by nana51

O.K. I give up, where do I find the photos? What do I click on to take me to the photos?? I'm not really computer illiterate. I only get HAL's official shots or your personal cruise shots.

Never mind I found it. I was looking for pictures of the staterooms with a window but not a veranda. They didn't have any.

Nana, I did not answer you earlier as I saw your editing to never mind, you'd found them. Do you still need my help navigating the Stateroom Photos for the Oosterdam?

You can look at photos of the Westerdam, Zuiderdam and Noordam and they will be almost exactly the same as Oosterdam:)

Joanie

Hi Joanie....

You have e-mails.....and photos of two Prinsendam cabins.

Keep up the great work. You're building quite a library of HAL photos!

Lynn

Lynn, Thank You so very much!!

I have both staterooms up and running now!!

Sorry it took me a few days to get them up and running, no excuse:(

You have email:)

Joanie

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruisers.

For a few weeks leading up to my Eurodam cruise, I poured over as much detail as I could get my hands on through CC. Now I'd like to return the favor with providing additional details and insight to assist others in their obsessive research prior to cruising with HAL and on the Eurodam. :D

There are volumes of photos and reviews on the public areas of this ship all over the Internet, so I'm going to go deep on the stateroom I stayed in. It was stateroom 6084 on Deck 6 which was a Superior Verandah Suite in an SS category (assigned as an upgrade from an SZ guarantee eight days from start of cruise).

This is the same stateroom and configuration as:

Eurodam 6087

Eurodam 5093

Nieuw Amsterdam 6084

Nieuw Amsterdam 6087

Nieuw Amsterdam 5093

Mirrored for:

Eurodam 6082

Eurodam 6089

Eurodam 5098

Nieuw Amsterdam 6082

Nieuw Amsterdam 6089

Nieuw Amsterdam 5098

There was MUCH handwringing over being next to the exterior glass elevators and just off the midship elevator lobby, but I have to tell you - we loved, loved, LOVED the location!

I was initially concerned about elevator lobby noise and some loss of privacy on the balcony, but neither were an issue - and I'm picky, picky on the noise thing. I have gone out of my way in hotels to be as faaaaar away as possible from the elevators.

As for noise, never heard people congregating and waiting for an elevator, nor did we hear ANY elevator chimes. Zip. Nada. Never. Day or night. Very, very quiet other than some hall noise of passengers passing that you'd get in any cabin on the ship. I thought the midship elevators were actually UNDERUSED by most on the ship and we rarely saw anyone waiting for one on our stateroom deck. I thought there was much more traffic on forward and aft elevator banks.

As for balcony privacy, well, yeah, sometimes they can see you and sometimes you can see them. But really, those things whizzed by so quick. It simply was not an issue for us. A stateroom balcony was a nice retreat every now and then, but we didn't spend every minute out there so it never "got" to us. Others will likely feel differently and want their own cocooned view of the world. In addition, there is NO WAY elevator riders can see into the cabin - even at night, with all the lights on and the all the curtains open.

The biggest advantage of this stateroom location is that it is exactly midship so all you have to do is go out of your stateroom, catch any of the elevators (we used the glass elevators always; loved the views out to sea) and get to any of the decks with a short walk either forward or aft. Plus, we embarked, gangwayed (real word?), tendered and disembarked off the midship elevator lobbies on Decks 3, 2 and "A," so it made it SUPER easy to get on and off the ship from the stateroom.

As for the stateroom highlights, here they are:

TONS of storage.

Good amount of electrical outlets (one at vanity, one at desk, one in bathroom).

Height adjustable and moveable coffee table.

Fridge that keeps things cool - NOT cold.

Great seating space (inside and outside).

Good lighting options to create mood and ambiance desired.

Sense of spaciousness.

Nice floor length mirror in entry.

Room key shelf on inside of stateroom room so you can always have a place to put it - and remember before leaving!

Closets with height adjustable shelving.

Excellent room temp control (cold and warm when you want it).

Illuminated bathroom light switch.

Soft throw blankets!

Some minor quirks:

Air runs constantly so there's a low-hum white noise all the time; there's no on/off, just variation between hot and cold.

No room clock.

No bathroom nightlight (bring one if needed)

None of the lighting has dimmers (option is either on or off)

Below you'll find a link with multiple photos of the stateroom I stayed in from11/19/11-11/26/11.

Enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/106999692323749088281/EurodamStateroomSS6084UpperVerandahDeckPortSide?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ_nyvavyLD9iAE&feat=directlink

Hello fellow cruisers.

For a few weeks leading up to my Eurodam cruise, I poured over as much detail as I could get my hands on through CC. Now I'd like to return the favor with providing additional details and insight to assist others in their obsessive research prior to cruising with HAL and on the Eurodam. :D

There are volumes of photos and reviews on the public areas of this ship all over the Internet, so I'm going to go deep on the stateroom I stayed in. It was stateroom 6084 on Deck 6 which was a Superior Verandah Suite in an SS category (assigned as an upgrade from an SZ guarantee eight days from start of cruise).

Eurodam 6087

Eurodam 5093

Nieuw Amsterdam 6084

Nieuw Amsterdam 6087

Nieuw Amsterdam 5093

Mirrored for:

Eurodam 6082

Eurodam 6089

Eurodam 5098

Nieuw Amsterdam 6082

Nieuw Amsterdam 6089

Nieuw Amsterdam 5098

There was MUCH handwringing over being next to the exterior glass elevators and just off the midship elevator lobby, but I have to tell you - we loved, loved, LOVED the location!

I was initially concerned about elevator lobby noise and some loss of privacy on the balcony, but neither were an issue - and I'm picky, picky on the noise thing. I have gone out of my way in hotels to be as faaaaar away as possible from the elevators.

As for noise, never heard people congregating and waiting for an elevator, nor did we hear ANY elevator chimes. Zip. Nada. Never. Day or night. Very, very quiet other than some hall noise of passengers passing that you'd get in any cabin on the ship. I thought the midship elevators were actually UNDERUSED by most on the ship and we rarely saw anyone waiting for one on our stateroom deck. I thought there was much more traffic on forward and aft elevator banks.

As for balcony privacy, well, yeah, sometimes they can see you and sometimes you can see them. But really, those things whizzed by so quick. It simply was not an issue for us. A stateroom balcony was a nice retreat every now and then, but we didn't spend every minute out there so it never "got" to us. Others will likely feel differently and want their own cocooned view of the world. In addition, there is NO WAY elevator riders can see into the cabin - even at night, with all the lights on and the all the curtains open.

The biggest advantage of this stateroom location is that it is exactly midship so all you have to do is go out of your stateroom, catch any of the elevators (we used the glass elevators always; loved the views out to sea) and get to any of the decks with a short walk either forward or aft. Plus, we embarked, gangwayed (real word?), tendered and disembarked off the midship elevator lobbies on Decks 3, 2 and "A," so it made it SUPER easy to get on and off the ship from the stateroom.

TONS of storage.

Good amount of electrical outlets (one at vanity, one at desk, one in bathroom).

Sense of spaciousness.

Room key shelf on inside of stateroom room so you can always have a place to put it - and remember before leaving!

Soft throw blankets!

Some minor quirks:

Air runs constantly so there's a low-hum white noise all the time; there's no on/off, just variation between hot and cold.

No room clock.

Below you'll find a link with multiple photos of the stateroom I stayed in from11/19/11-11/26/11.

Enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/106999692323749088281/EurodamStateroomSS6084UpperVerandahDeckPortSide?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ_nyvavyLD9iAE&feat=directlink

I will get this info (and grab photos) as soon as I can get myself up to speed in the next day or so. I just got home from nearly 2 weeks at our daughters' home in Alabama and need to recuperate:)

Joanie

The free (Public) portion of it does not seem to have photos. Plus, why should people have to pay to see what their Staterooms/Cabins look like. And they are only layouts, not photos.

Thank you for the link but I do not pay to see what I am getting, nor do I think any person cruising with HAL should have to pay. Just my $.02

What you may not know about this site is that they also buy your stateroom photos! I sold my last trip photos of our Vista Suite on the Legend and it paid for my membership!

Hi Joanie:

Thanks for all your work and advice. I just saw the following on your site: people won't choose an interior lengthwise cabin...... Why is that? K's on the Veendam look HUGE.

Thanks

Hopefully someone who can explain the differences between the normal and the sideways K staterooms will come to our assistance here. I have only the photos/comments from people who have cruised in them to go by.

Joanie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Joanie,Dont know if you will be able to help? Have you got any info or photos of C 3338 of the zaandam,We have been upgraded to this cabin from EEcat,Wondering what sort of view you would get,Hoping it dont look out on the lifeboats and block our view,any info you have will be very welcome

Thankyou Lolmerry

Wondering what sort of view you would get,Hoping it dont look out on the lifeboats and block our view,

The cabins on this class of ship don't look out at lifeboats. You will look across the Lower Promenade Deck to see the ocean. The lifeboats will be above.

Check any photos on any of the R-class ships. For that matter, photos of S-class ships will work, too.

Those ships are:

Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaandam; Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Veendam.

The cabins on this class of ship don't look out at lifeboats. You will look across the Lower Promenade Deck to see the ocean. The lifeboats will be above.

Check any photos on any of the R-class ships. For that matter, photos of S-class ships will work, too.

Those ships are:

Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaandam; Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Veendam.

IF I read what Ruth says correctly then the following on Ryndam should be pretty similar to Zaandam's 3338.

Ryndam C 336 or C 338 Deck 6 Verandah Deck (about 1/2 way down the page http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Ryndam/Deck-6.html

On the other ships RuthC mentions I either do not have photos of comparable staterooms or they are Lanai Staterooms and I am not sure if the Zaandam has them yet (I cannot for the life of me remember right now (sorry))

Joanie

Thankfully, the Zaandam does not have lanai cabins. However, the view would be essentially the same. It's just that the view would be out a rectangular window on the Zaandam, and through wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows from a lanai cabin.

Thankfully, the Zaandam does not have lanai cabins. However, the view would be essentially the same. It's just that the view would be out a rectangular window on the Zaandam, and through wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows from a lanai cabin.

At least on the Maasdam, the Lanai doors are not really wall-to-wall. Just FYI.

Joannie - you have email with pictures of SS 8068 on the Oosterdam and Zuiderdam.

These are great rooms with plenty of room to get around in a wheelchair or walker.

Some of the primary differences that we noticed in a Handicap room are:

- a ramp on both sides of the veranda door to allow the mobility challenged to use the balcony.

- the bathroom is more handicap accessible with a roll-in shower as well as a tub, and LOTS more grab bars. SS HC rooms only have one sink, which is a small price to pay.

- there is a "911" button by the bed which gets a call from the operator to see what the problem is.

- there are buttons by the bed to open/close the drapes (not sure if regular SS rooms have this).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. We are giving HAL another go and we are on the Nieuw Amsterdam in March. CC is so great, I see we will have a Pulmonary Group onboard. (we should all be well looked after, unless someone should ask me about my swollen feet!!) Anyways, I don't travel well and need to face forward. Can anyone tell me if #5052 has the bed going head/feet first. DH says "Travelling in an ambulance is always head first and that is better for the patient", well if I am in an ambulance I will not really care if I am head first!!

Thanks

Rosemary

Joanie, you have done an amazing job with your sites. I have spent a great deal of time looking at them all. Thank you so much! We had a balcony on the Eurodam last cruise (I will see if I have a decent picture I can send you) and this is the first time with an interior. Your info notes that our state room does not have a sofa. I called HAL and they told me it does not have a sofa bed but does have a small love seat. Does anyone know?? I hate to have to sit on the bed. DH will be snoring away in no time:eek:

Joanie, you have done an amazing job with your sites. I have spent a great deal of time looking at them all. Thank you so much! We had a balcony on the Eurodam last cruise (I will see if I have a decent picture I can send you) and this is the first time with an interior. Your info notes that our state room does not have a sofa. I called HAL and they told me it does not have a sofa bed but does have a small love seat. Does anyone know?? I hate to have to sit on the bed. DH will be snoring away in no time:eek:

Glad to have been of help:)

No sofa or love seat as this is a Handicapped stateroom and they remove the sofa/love seats in order to accommodate the needs of wheel chair movements in the staterooms.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hello fellow cruisers.

Eurodam 6087

Eurodam 5093

Nieuw Amsterdam 6084

Nieuw Amsterdam 6087

Nieuw Amsterdam 5093

Mirrored for:

Eurodam 6082

Eurodam 6089

Eurodam 5098

Nieuw Amsterdam 6082

Nieuw Amsterdam 6089

Nieuw Amsterdam 5098

TONS of storage.

Sense of spaciousness.

Soft throw blankets!

Some minor quirks:

No room clock.

Enjoy!

My deepest apologies that it took me so long, but I finally was able to not only grab your stateroom photos, but also got them up and running today!!

Such detail is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Joanie

Hi Joanie,Dont know if you will be able to help? Have you got any info or photos of C 3338 of the zaandam,We have been upgraded to this cabin from EEcat,Wondering what sort of view you would get,Hoping it dont look out on the lifeboats and block our view,any info you have will be very welcome

Thankyou Lolmerry

Hi there Lolmerry, I do not have photo on any of the R class ships of C 3338 but do have a couple from Amsterdam C 3331. Not sure how close that will be, but should be similar. Also the life boats will be hanging above you so you'd have to look up to see them. Your ciew will be of the Promenade deck itself and out to sea:) Here is a link to Amsterdam so you can see C 3331 and get some idea: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Amsterdam/Deck-3.html

Joanie