Chair Hog Groups

Christapie

The last cruise I was on in Jan. of this year, I noticed groups of chairs pulled together by towels in select areas of the ship. This was done very early in the AM as I was walking around before breakfast and not too many people were out and about yet. I was bummed out that there would be no chance to even get a chair in the area that I would have liked to be in.

Question: What would you have done?

The last cruise I was on in Jan. of this year, I noticed groups of chairs pulled together by towels in select areas of the ship. This was done very early in the AM as I was walking around before breakfast and not too many people were out and about yet. I was bummed out that there would be no chance to even get a chair in the area that I would have liked to be in.

Have all the towels removed by the deck steward because they where obviously left there by accident the night before. Pick a spot and enjoy my day.

Theo

If I wanted to sit where the towels were I would take a seat and be willing to move if the 'owner' appeared within 30 mins,otherwise thank you for the chair.

Billet, I found a way to deal with your avatar that I didn't know about. In the User CP, there is a check mark to show avatars. Now, I don't have to hit the escape button any more.

My friend, Denny Crain told me that if he sees an empty chair next to a pretty woman, he will sit in it. If anybody gives him any trouble, he will take out his 45 and shoot them.

Thats one way to meet new friends.....lol:D

I bet he's popular.............:eek:

Anthony

I'd personnaly remove it and make use of the chair. I've had some interesting run ins with chair hogs both on deck and in lounges. On the Emerald (Explorer's Lounge), I had words with a woman who, by herself, was trying to hold all of the seats along the edge of the stage. Needless to say she was two short when her party arrived. Incidentaly, she had about 5 empty seats, besides the ones I used, when her party arrived. On the Diamond in January, I got yelled at by an older gentleman when I had the nerve to sit in his "Team's" area for triva in the Wheelhouse bar. Far as deck chair hogs go, I've been given some dirty looks, but never directly challenged.

This is just a peresonal opinion. I do not advocate for anyone else to do what I do.....

Bob

It's easy! (assuming there is room) Just remove the stuff, then move the chairs around some, different positions, some facing in opposite directions... you get the idea. Then if Mr. or Ms. Hog happens to show up, he or she will have absolutely no idea which chairs were saved, or even where they went! Tons of fun to watch if you have reflective sunglasses and can keep a poker face while pretending to read a book!

It's easy! (assuming there is room) Just remove the stuff, then move the chairs around some, different positions, some facing in opposite directions... you get the idea. Then if Mr. or Ms. Hog happens to show up, he or she will have absolutely no idea which chairs were saved, or even where they went! Tons of fun to watch if you have reflective sunglasses and can keep a poker face while pretending to read a book!

Nice! I like it! :D

My friend, Denny Crain told me that if he sees an empty chair next to a pretty woman, he will sit in it. If anybody gives him any trouble, he will take out his 45 and shoot them.

I love and miss Denny Crain. I bet the world would be a much more peaceful and courteous place if more people were like him! ;)

We have found a failsafe way to save your chairs on the pool deck: spread out your camouflage towel on the chair and leave the following in clear view on top of your towel: Recent copy of Soldier of Fortune Magazine and a book with a large title on the cover such as "How To Deal With Your Anger Issues Before You Snap"

Just Joking Here... (but you know it would work)..

we have found a failsafe way to save your chairs on the pool deck: Spread out your camouflage towel on the chair and leave the following in clear view on top of your towel: Recent copy of soldier of fortune magazine and a book with a large title on the cover such as "how to deal with your anger issues before you snap"

just joking here... (but you know it would work)..

:) :)

I'd personnaly remove it and make use of the chair. I've had some interesting run ins with chair hogs both on deck and in lounges. On the Emerald (Explorer's Lounge), I had words with a woman who, by herself, was trying to hold all of the seats along the edge of the stage. Needless to say she was two short when her party arrived. Incidentaly, she had about 5 empty seats, besides the ones I used, when her party arrived. On the Diamond in January, I got yelled at by an older gentleman when I had the nerve to sit in his "Team's" area for triva in the Wheelhouse bar. Far as deck chair hogs go, I've been given some dirty looks, but never directly challenged.

This is just a peresonal opinion. I do not advocate for anyone else to do what I do.....

Bob

Good stuff. We have always been to timid to do it, but have watched others and enjoyed the fireworks:D

Archived