Are they still confirming shareholder OBC?

JanineM

We're sailing on Sunday and I have sent our request for shareholder credit twice in the past month but haven't received any confirmation or response. Normally I'll get a response back in a day or so, but this time ... nothing.

Does anyone know if they're still confirming the OBC? I sent the e-mail to: shareholderbenefit@ rccl.com - the same place I have for a couple of years.

If I don't hear anything then I'll just carry my info with me and hash it out with the Purser, but am trying to make things easy ;)

TIA!

We're sailing on Sunday and I have sent our request for shareholder credit twice in the past month but haven't received any confirmation or response. Normally I'll get a response back in a day or so, but this time ... nothing.

Does anyone know if they're still confirming the OBC? I sent the e-mail to: shareholderbenefit@ rccl.com - the same place I have for a couple of years.

If I don't hear anything then I'll just carry my info with me and hash it out with the Purser, but am trying to make things easy ;)

TIA!

Don't wait for the purser. You'll lose.

Call and get it done now.

TIA!

I just sent an email two days ago requesting shareholder benefit and I had a confirmation email within 24 hours. Your email address is correct so I suggest you send it again and request a confirmation.

I still have two cruises where I can get multiple OBC 's and discounts. On the upcoming Jewel cruise, when the Stockholders benefit group applied the Shockholders credit, all the other OBC went away, including one for having the change the cruise because of the Winter Olympics mess up. It was fixed after several calls to RCL. Give RCL a call to confirm before you get onboard, it will save you headaches and agraviation. Enjoy your cruise.

We've been using the stockholder OBC for years as well, and have always gotten an e-mail confirmation. Maybe that's because when I e-mail the information I always request a reply confirming the credit has been posted. The OP can call the C&A desk and they will be able to pull the reservation up and see if the credit is shown.

Can someone tell me about this benefit?

What is needed to qualify?

What is the benefit?

How do you get this benefit?

You need to have 100 shares of RCCL stock.

$50 OBC for cruises under 6 days

$100 6-9

$150 9+ (i think its 150 at lease)

Stock holders OBC cannot be use in combination with any other OBC/discounts offered by RCCL.

In order to get the stock you need to prove with a statement showing your name, and your ownership of at least 100 shares to the email listed above.

what happens if you sell the stock after you get the confirmation email but before you go on the cruise?

What they don't know don't hurt them.

I wouldn't think they would check to see if you still own them at sailing, but they may.

Any shareholder holding a minimum of 100 RCL shares at time of sailing.

This is what the website says.. You need to own the stock at time of sailing. People being dishonest about owning the stock then selling it right away will just ruin it for all of us who do follow the rules. Do you not think that RCCL does not read these boards and finds out what people are doing.....Please follow the easy rules there are for owning this stock!!!

Any shareholder holding a minimum of 100 RCL shares at time of sailing.

This is what the website says.. You need to own the stock at time of sailing. People being dishonest about owning the stock then selling it right away will just ruin it for all of us who do follow the rules. Do you not think that RCCL does not read these boards and finds out what people are doing.....Please follow the easy rules there are for owning this stock!!!

If i wanted to get yelled at i would go see my ex-wife!!!

I just answered his question. What is it to me if he tries to bread the rules? Its not any of my business. I do follow the rules, but i dont jump down peoples neck if they simply ask a questions.

Just for clarification, from RCL:

" The RCl Shareholder onboard credit can be combined with credit card reward points, gift certificates, future cruise credit certificates(purchased prior to December 31, 2008),senior, resident and military discounts rates. You are able to combine with promotional fares offered by our company or a travel agent that is less than the published rate, as long as there are no other onboard credits offered as part of the promotion.

The RCL shareholder credit is not combinable with offers that already include onboard credits, "dollars off" promotions, loyalty offers or future cruise credits purchased onboard after January 1, 2009.

This applies to Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara cruises."

What they don't know don't hurt them.

I wouldn't think they would check to see if you still own them at sailing, but they may.

If i wanted to get yelled at i would go see my ex-wife!!!

I just answered his question. What is it to me if he tries to bread the rules? Its not any of my business. I do follow the rules, but i dont jump down peoples neck if they simply ask a questions.

Your kidding right??? YOU told him to and if you forgot that you did I put the quote in for you to reread. And yes I think you did need to be yelled at as your so called advise was way off.

Just for clarification, from RCL:

" The RCl Shareholder onboard credit can be combined with credit card reward points, gift certificates, future cruise credit certificates(purchased prior to December 31, 2008),senior, resident and military discounts rates. You are able to combine with promotional fares offered by our company or a travel agent that is less than the published rate, as long as there are no other onboard credits offered as part of the promotion.

The RCL shareholder credit is not combinable with offers that already include onboard credits, "dollars off" promotions, loyalty offers or future cruise credits purchased onboard after January 1, 2009.

This applies to Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara cruises."

My next cruise was booked in 07 and we wondered if they would allow the OBC credit from this as well as the C&A certificate. They did apply both to mine without askign questions.

Any shareholder holding a minimum of 100 RCL shares at time of sailing]This is what the website says.. You need to own the stock at time of sailing. People being dishonest about owning the stock then selling it right away will just ruin it for all of us who do follow the rules. Do you not think that RCCL does not read these boards and finds out what people are doing.....Please follow the easy rules there are for owning this stock!!

I had to remove your emphasis ...

I sincerely doubt that RCL is going to comb through the records of millions of shares to see who is holding 100 shares. If I sold my stock on Tuesday and it settled today they are absolutely NOT going to waste time going through the computer records for millions of shareholders to see if I still hold it. Plus, there could be people who hold an actual certificate - which would still qualify as a "shareholder".

Certainly the intent is that one will be holding the shares at the time of sailing. But I seriously doubt that you're going to have a lot of people daytrading RCL these days ...

And just to be clear - yes, I still have my stock.

I had to remove your emphasis ...

I sincerely doubt that RCL is going to comb through the records of millions of shares to see who is holding 100 shares. If I sold my stock on Tuesday and it settled today they are absolutely NOT going to waste time going through the computer records for millions of shareholders to see if I still hold it. Plus' date=' there could be people who hold an actual certificate - which would still qualify as a "shareholder".

Certainly the [i']intent[/i] is that one will be holding the shares at the time of sailing. But I seriously doubt that you're going to have a lot of people daytrading RCL these days ...

And just to be clear - yes, I still have my stock.

I just bet a year ago no one would have thought that RCCL would take benifits away from Diamond members or not let stockholders combine their OBC with other discounts. That is my only point. Alot of things are changing at RCCL, and we as stockholders sure don't need to give anyone any more ideas on where to cut costs, like in doing away with the OBC.

So good for you on owning stock not sure why you are making that clear, I dont believe I said anything about you owning stock.

Archived