Unexpected Elite Status

raudacruise

Based on what people have said in this thread, I phoned Captain's Club and asked them if they could possibly see their way to giving me an extra credit for the 18 day cruise we took before the change. We paid almost 3 times the price for the same cruise and cabin as someone booking it today. They get 2 points and we got one. I guess thems the breaks as they say, but what really upset me was that the woman I spoke to me made me feel like 2 cents. I was just asking.

There's still many of us from the old Captains' Club, that cruise in suites, that are one or two points shy of Elite due to cut off dates. If they gave them to you, they'd have to go back and take care of everyone. Maybe one day they'll get their computer system straight, and be able to go in and go back to the beginning...but until then, we just get our status a cruise at a time! (and think about those people in the PH...their one cruise is probably equal to 10 insides!)

But really...we're in a suite...what else can Elite offer us that we don't already have? I'm Elite after my next cruise...and I'm looking for the free internet time, and $$$ off laundry! (I'm just happy Celebrity gives us the extra points for the suite cost.)

I'm actually happy for the people that have gotten Elite the hard, old fashioned way! 10 cruises on Celebrity!!! That's what makes ME jealous!!:)

Take Care,

Jaime

I received an email from RCCL yesterday. Its the normal mass email that I normally delete. For some reason I decide to open it.

Dear Diamond Member!

I know for certain we didn't have credits to be Diamond on RCCL. I then check out the =X= site. Sure enough we are Elite.

Here was our situation. We've been on =X= 4 times. All in suites and one 9 day cruise (our first) and the other three 14 days. Theoritically that should have qualified us (2+3+3+3=11) but were told that the first two were only worth one because it was before the new Captains Club was formed. I talked to Celebrity customer service about this about a month or two ago.

I know other CC folks were somewhat miffed at the this decision. Log on to Captains Club and you might be surprised.

I am currently on vacation in Florida and therefore can't follow up on my complaint after reading the CC newsletter. WE bascially got three newsletters, one in wife's name, son's name and one in mine. I noticed they had all of us at 7 cruises on Celebrity which would be select. We counted my son's cruises and we know his is correct, probably arises in that wife and I went on three cruises without the kids, all with Celebrity. Along the way we had a couple of suites which probably don't count and we also had a Chandris cruise which from Celebrity's beginnings have always counted. Additionallly on March 15, we were booked on a Solstice cruise which we eventally had to back out of. While doing my paperwork for that cruise the web site clearly showed me as elite. By my tentitive count, I am in the process of booking a cruise with Celebrity which should be my 11th. Letter was sent to CC two days ago and no response has been received as of yet.

There's still many of us from the old Captains' Club, that cruise in suites, that are one or two points shy of Elite due to cut off dates. If they gave them to you, they'd have to go back and take care of everyone. Maybe one day they'll get their computer system straight, and be able to go in and go back to the beginning...but until then, we just get our status a cruise at a time! (and think about those people in the PH...their one cruise is probably equal to 10 insides!)

But really...we're in a suite...what else can Elite offer us that we don't already have? I'm Elite after my next cruise...and I'm looking for the free internet time, and $$$ off laundry! (I'm just happy Celebrity gives us the extra points for the suite cost.)

I'm actually happy for the people that have gotten Elite the hard, old fashioned way! 10 cruises on Celebrity!!! That's what makes ME jealous!!:)

Take Care,

Jaime

Don't you mean 10 credits? My upcoming cruise is my 5th with celebrity and when completed will have 10 credits.

Monica

Don't you mean 10 credits? My upcoming cruise is my 5th with celebrity and when completed will have 10 credits.

Monica

No...I did mean 10 cruises! Back in the "old Captain's Club" days, when you had to actually pay to be a member, when a lot of us started getting our cruise credits, it was one credit per cruise (That's why a lot of us should be Elite going by today's credits...but we go back too far!)...so you had to take 10 CRUISES to be Elite! I'm jealous of people that can have 10 CRUISES on Celebrity! :D

Take Care,

Jaime

No...I did mean 10 cruises! Back in the "old Captain's Club" days, when you had to actually pay to be a member, when a lot of us started getting our cruise credits, it was one credit per cruise (That's why a lot of us should be Elite going by today's credits...but we go back too far!)...so you had to take 10 CRUISES to be Elite! I'm jealous of people that can have 10 CRUISES on Celebrity! :D

Take Care,

Jaime

Thanks for the clarification!

Take Care,

Jaime

You made a very interesting point. When I joined the Captains Club I had to pay $25.00 I am select status but the people under the new have not had to pay. Maybe us founder members should be bumped up to elite if we are withins a point or 2 of Elite.

Thoughts?

People...

I think you are missing something...

If you started cruising on Celebrity way back in the "Fee for joining Captains Club" days...and you are STILL not up to Elite status, maybe you are not as good a customer as you think you are?

Why should they reward you for cruising with them so rarely?

It really isn't all that hard to get to Elite status...you just have to cruise enough with Celebrity whatever the rules are...The difference with you CC members from that era is that you had a HEAD START over the more recent cruisers. They really don't have any advantage over you...

It has been, what, five or six years since they changed the rules to allow extra points for suites and longer cruises? So...Why haven't you done enough longer cruises or suites in that time? Assuming you took a long cruise in a suite prior to the change...and only got one point for it, it would have still only taken three similar cruises in the last six years to get to Elite status...So, why haven't you done this?

And, if you haven't, why should Celebrity bump YOUR status up to equal those CC members who have? Certainly not because you once paid $25 or $35 to join...Remember, they did give out a coupon far in excess of the membership fee to all members who had paid...Certainly you already got your money's worth from that...and, if you didn't that is your fault...

And...Why should they go back and give you credit retroactively for a rules change...the change was made to encourage people to book suites and longer cruises in the FUTURE...You weren't penalized--you got the proper credits for what you booked when you booked them...

Want more credits? Cruise more...

People...

I think you are missing something...

If you started cruising on Celebrity way back in the "Fee for joining Captains Club" days...and you are STILL not up to Elite status, maybe you are not as good a customer as you think you are?

Why should they reward you for cruising with them so rarely?

Steve, its like you to have not been around when Celebrity cancelled cruises and shifted guests to other cruises/ cruise lines like RCCL after they were acquired. I can tell you that I was 'adjusted' three (3) times back in the day.

Since I kept it in the family, I think I am a pretty good customer, and don't need you to add to my own perception and confidence that I am a good customer, I am OK all on my own in that regard without your negativity.:)

It is what it is. I, too, was a "paid" member of Captain's club and with my upcoming cruise will soon enjoy elite status on =X=. I cannot ever remember disagreeing with SteveBruin, but this time I do take just a very slight bit of umbrage of not "being as good a customer as I think". I have 8 cruises of my 20 on Celebrity (9 pts or whatever its called for elite status). Looking at Steve's list of cruises, I see that is more than he has and it appears that if he enjoyse Elite status on =X= it is due to his more frequent sailing on RCI (if I am wrong, Steve, I apologize . . I am really just having a bit of fun at your expense). Financially, I am able to take one, may two cruises a year, so I don't have the ability to cruise more. Also, I don't believe it has been 5 or 6 years since they gave more fore suites, longer cruises or concierge. (Indeed if it were, I would be elite).

But, I totally agree with Steve in that the program is set up and we just have to abide by it (not saying we have to like it). Also, we did indeed "pay" for the membership in the Captains Club, but that was credited back to us when the program changed. Simply because we are so called Founders, does not entitle us to extra credits (or whatever they are called).

On my upcoming cruise on Century, I plan to position myself in the Martini Bar with my face pressed up against the windows of Michael's Club (much like the little boy at a candy store) in protest. There are other "Niners" who plan on joining me. :D:D

Then on my next Celebrity cruise, I will be on the inside, looking out at the "Niners" and other minions. :D :D

John, why did I start up this thread :eek:?

If you, Kathy, Joel, Colleen and me and MaryBeth don't have a drink together everyday I'll be very disappointed.

As the OP the intent was for folks to see if =X= had changed their minds. Thats it. They did it for us for whatever reason. My TA called them about 3 months ago and I did the same and even after speaking to a supervisor no dice.

And then the magic email came saying we were Diamond on RCCL and checking on =X= we were Elite.

Anyway, that was the intent of the thread. No different than "Upgrade Fairy" threads. It happens - or it don't.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers with my "not as good a customer as you think" comment...it was really meant as sort of "tongue in cheek"

Looking at Steve's list of cruises, I see that is more than he has and it appears that if he enjoyse Elite status on =X= it is due to his more frequent sailing on RCI (if I am wrong, Steve, I apologize . . I am really just having a bit of fun at your expense).

Actually, I owe my Elite status, aside from the accounting error that got me there early, to long cruises and suites taken after the rule change--3 points at a clip...

I am there completely independently of my "Diamond" status on Royal Caribbean...both statuses attained prior to the "reciprocity" thing...

I'm going to try one more time.

I opened up an email from RCCL (which I normally would blast away since we already had cruise plans). It said Diamond member.

Then checked =X= and the web said Elite.

This was several months after =X= said we were not Elite.

I could not figure out how this happened (nor could our TA). We would have qualified as Elite on =X= if all of our cruises were counted under the new rules - bonus credits for suites and extended cruises (I came up with 11 but when I talked to them back when they said 8) . No way under RCCL current rules - at best I come up with 9 (funny, we did 3 RCCL cruises before our first =X= cruise).

So I'm befuddled, happy, and don't really care how it happened :D. Sometimes the cruise fairy smiles on you and sometimes she ... well lets not go there :p.

There *should* be some sort of reasonable leveling under certain circumstances, and if you spoke with X and they felt you had a strong point of view, then I am glad to know that they took the time to hear you and to consider your information.

I think the current system of assigning points makes sense, its simple to understand and easy.

I have some opinions of what I would like to see amended so that it is *fair* to those who say book two cabins, one for themselves and one for their underage children. If there is a 2 credit award for booking Concierge, I think it might be *right* for X to give the parent member the opportunity to grow in their accumulation of credits due to the double cabin.

That is just a thought and an opinion.

I received an email from RCCL yesterday. Its the normal mass email that I normally delete. For some reason I decide to open it.

Dear Diamond Member!

I know for certain we didn't have credits to be Diamond on RCCL. I then check out the =X= site. Sure enough we are Elite.

Here was our situation. We've been on =X= 4 times. All in suites and one 9 day cruise (our first) and the other three 14 days. Theoritically that should have qualified us (2+3+3+3=11) but were told that the first two were only worth one because it was before the new Captains Club was formed. I talked to Celebrity customer service about this about a month or two ago.

I know other CC folks were somewhat miffed at the this decision. Log on to Captains Club and you might be surprised.

If your first and second cruise was only worth 1 you only have 9 credits which makes you Select or Platinum. We are in the same boat one short for our upcoming cruise. Maybe they will grant us the status because we are so loyal. Yeah right LOL

happy cruising

Claudette

If your first and second cruise was only worth 1 you only have 9 credits which makes you Select or Platinum. We are in the same boat one short for our upcoming cruise. Maybe they will grant us the status because we are so loyal. Yeah right LOL

happy cruising

Claudette

Like I said (and the title of the post) we wound up with Elite status (and Diamond on RCCL) despite denials a few months ago - no intervening cruises. I have logged into the Captains Club site on celebrity.com to confirm.

Are all Celebrity ships now offering the new benefits including a cocktail hour in Michael's club? I'm D+ but going back to try Celebrity. I am Elite without my RCCL cruises but wonder if they are going to have a category above Elite? Has anyone sailed recently & used the new benefits?

Archived