Unexpected Elite Status

raudacruise

I received an email from RCCL yesterday. Its the normal mass email that I normally delete. For some reason I decide to open it.

Dear Diamond Member!

I know for certain we didn't have credits to be Diamond on RCCL. I then check out the =X= site. Sure enough we are Elite.

Here was our situation. We've been on =X= 4 times. All in suites and one 9 day cruise (our first) and the other three 14 days. Theoritically that should have qualified us (2+3+3+3=11) but were told that the first two were only worth one because it was before the new Captains Club was formed. I talked to Celebrity customer service about this about a month or two ago.

I know other CC folks were somewhat miffed at the this decision. Log on to Captains Club and you might be surprised.

I received an email from RCCL yesterday. Its the normal mass email that I normally delete. For some reason I decide to open it.

Dear Diamond Member!

I know for certain we didn't have credits to be Diamond on RCCL. I then check out the =X= site. Sure enough we are Elite.

Here was our situation. We've been on =X= 4 times. All in suites and one 9 day cruise (our first) and the other three 14 days. Theoritically that should have qualified us (2+3+3+3=11) but were told that the first two were only worth one because it was before the new Captains Club was formed. I talked to Celebrity customer service about this about a month or two ago.

I know other CC folks were somewhat miffed at the this decision. Log on to Captains Club and you might be surprised.

...something about gift horses and mouths... :D

...something about gift horses and mouths... :D

Not sure what you meant by that for sure but the free laundry and internet is actually something of value for once - especially on a 14 day cruise. The Michaels Club hoo-hah not sure we will use, at least not daily.

You are very lucky. We would be Elite too if we got the new credits for cruises taken before the change. We are about to sail with Celebrity for the 8th time. I just checked our status but it remains Select. We were founders too but that has gone also. I wonder what kind of luck I would have in talking to the CC Hostess on board? Sure would like to get an extra point for the 18 day one we took in 1997.

Guest maddycat

Dear Diamond Member!

Congratulations!

This happened to us a few years ago. We booked a 1C aft balcony on Millennium which became a Concierge Class cabin shortly before we sailed. The Captain's Club hostess told us we'd only be entitled to 1 credit, but it's clear we got the 2nd credit because the following year we made Elite one cruise earlier than we 'should have.' :D

Count me in among those who made Elite a little ahead of schedule...I would be there anyway by now...5 cruises, 4 of them 13-14 nights, a couple of suites...

But, notwithstanding our current appropriate standing, we did make it there earlier than expected...All I could figure out is that maybe they gave us credit for cabins we paid for for our kids or for my parents...

Or maybe it's just RCI's inaccurate accounting systems...

We also made Diamond on RCI (independent of the reciprocity issue) ahead of schedule as well...

Of course, on the RCI website, you can actually access your cruise history with Royal Caribbean...I always chuckle at mine...They finally wind up at about the correct number...but I get no credit for cruises prior to around 1998...and I did take at least a couple on the old Viking Serenade...But, as a counterweight, they have me down for a couple of 1970 cruises that I cannot remember at all (of course, you know what they say, "If you can remember the 1970s, you weren't there")...

In any event, I do not complain...

I figure I've put a good deal of money into the coffers of the company over the years...I've cruised expensive cruises, usually during high season, on longer routes and in higher category cabins...I've taken my kids along and have paid nicely for cabins for them as well (including a sky suite and a 13 night cruisetour to Alaska) and I've given gifts of cruises to the Baltic and to Mexico to my parents on Celebrity...So, I don't feel guilty at all if I got a couple of extra coupons or upgrades a cruise or two early...

Karma...

Of course, I really don't think RCI/Celebrity owe me anything either...I expect to be treated well...not because I've racked up some number of Captains Club credits...But because I've paid for each individual cruise...

I thought Celebrity treated me extraordinarily on my very first cruise with them...It had nothing to do with Captains Club, obviously...It had to do with being an excellent cruise line who knows how to treat ALL of its passengers...It is THAT which keeps me coming back...NOT Captains Club status or perks...

We were also "Founders". I could use 1 credit for the separate cabin we booked on Millennium for our teens. That would give us the 10 we need to be Elite prior to our 14-day cruise coming up next month. That would be nice. As it is, we are cruising as 9-point Select.

Too bad we're not cruising together. We are exactly the same. Oh well, we'll make it for the next one.

How ironic that I see this message. My friend just called me to say that they are marked as Diamond on RCCL and Elite on Celebrity. She has not been on as many cruises as I have. This is all very interesting. I was told by a Celebrity agent that they are trying to merge the RCCL and Celebrity computers. But who knows if that information is correct or if it has anything to do with this situation. Maybe they are randomly escalating passengers to higher levels.

How ironic that I see this message. My friend just called me to say that they are marked as Diamond on RCCL and Elite on Celebrity. She has not been on as many cruises as I have. This is all very interesting. I was told by a Celebrity agent that they are trying to merge the RCCL and Celebrity computers. But who knows if that information is correct or if it has anything to do with this situation. Maybe they are randomly escalating passengers to higher levels.

I hope they don't pull the rug out from under our feet :eek:. Guess we might not find out the final "truth" until we get on board in November.

We were also visited by the upgrade fairy. In the recently received issue of the Captain's Club magazine, I noticed that they had a membership summary on the second page. It listed us as Elite members, but by my count, we only had 9 points. I called the Loyalty desk and they confirmed that we are indeed listed as Elite. The new rewards are a great added perk and we will definitely book our next cruise on Celebrity.... largely due to fact that they always treat us well, but partly due to the freebies. Laundry, pressing, dry cleaning, Michael's Club, and internet service - if it's free it's for me.

:( Could someone please tell me how to access my Crown and Anchor and Captain's Club status on RCCL and Celebity --- was searching last night

with no luck ---- could have sworn I saw it a couple of days earlier. Thanks. :)

On the Celebrity Cruise website chose "My Celebrity". Then log on. Choose "Captains Club" and there is the information.

I do not know about RCCL.

On the Celebrity Cruise website chose "My Celebrity". Then log on. Choose "Captains Club" and there is the information.

I do not know about RCCL.

It seems unusual, but for me on Celebrity I need to log in, go into something, and then back up and it shows the status. For some reason it does not show the status initially.

It seems unusual, but for me on Celebrity I need to log in, go into something, and then back up and it shows the status. For some reason it does not show the status initially.

As long as you found it the rest is nothing to worry about.

Don't forget that you get an extra credit for cruises longer than 7 days -- I don't remember whether it is either 10 or 12 nights that will get you a +1.

How do I know how many points I get for a sailing and what can do I do with them

My first cruise was 12 nights category 2B

My next one is 13 nights category 1A

This is all new for me

Thanks

QUOTE=nikel;21219857]How do I know how many points I get for a sailing and what can do I do with them

This is all new for me

Thanks

You get one credit for each cruise. You get an additional credit if the cruise is 12 days or longer. You get an additional credit for having a concierge class or higher cabin category. The maximum number of credits for a cruise is 3. The number of credits that you have determines the level of membership in the Captain's Club (the Celebrity repeaters club).

If your first Celebrity cruise was 12 nights in a 2B you would have 2 cruise credits. Your second cruise for 13 nights in a 1A would give you 2 cruise credits.

After a Celebrity cruise, you can join the captain's club (membership is not automatic, you do have to request to join even though there is no fee). Until you reach 5 credits, you are a classic member. Once you reach 5 credits, you move up to select membership. And once you reach 10 credits, you become an elite member. You can go to the captain's club page on Celebrity's website to see what the benefits are (usually shipboard activities and discounts).

QUOTE=nikel;21219857]How do I know how many points I get for a sailing and what can do I do with them

This is all new for me

Thanks

You get one credit for each cruise. You get an additional credit if the cruise is 12 days or longer. You get an additional credit for having a concierge class or higher cabin category. The maximum number of credits for a cruise is 3. The number of credits that you have determines the level of membership in the Captain's Club (the Celebrity repeaters club).

If your first Celebrity cruise was 12 nights in a 2B you would have 2 cruise credits. Your second cruise for 13 nights in a 1A would give you 2 cruise credits.

After a Celebrity cruise, you can join the captain's club (membership is not automatic, you do have to request to join even though there is no fee). Until you reach 5 credits, you are a classic member. Once you reach 5 credits, you move up to select membership. And once you reach 10 credits, you become an elite member. You can go to the captain's club page on Celebrity's website to see what the benefits are (usually shipboard activities and discounts).

So on the Century 4 and 5 night cruises someone could get 2 points (CC or Suite), correct? I believe we got 2 points last year by being CC on the 5 night from Miami.

So on the Century 4 and 5 night cruises someone could get 2 points (CC or Suite), correct? I believe we got 2 points last year by being CC on the 5 night from Miami.

Yes you can get 2 credits for Concierge class on a 4 or 5 night. We got two credits on our 5 night Century Concierge class cabin. And the good thing was that we booked the cruise at an extremely low rate on one of those Xciting deals for last minute bookings.

Based on what people have said in this thread, I phoned Captain's Club and asked them if they could possibly see their way to giving me an extra credit for the 18 day cruise we took before the change. We paid almost 3 times the price for the same cruise and cabin as someone booking it today. They get 2 points and we got one. I guess thems the breaks as they say, but what really upset me was that the woman I spoke to me made me feel like 2 cents. I was just asking.

Archived