Sanctuary or Aft Balcony for viewing days in Alaska?

Sailkeywest

I have read a bit about 'The Sanctuary,' and while it sounds quite nice, I really love the look of the balcony in the cabin we have booked (c753/aft corner). So I guess my question is, is viewing really that much better from the Sanctuary rather than the privacy of one's own balcony?

Thank you for any input, as always :)

I think scenic cruising is just that. The "better" views may be in the front or in the back or off the port side or the starboard side at any given moment. I like the idea of moving around the ship or going to where the naturalist says there is something special to see.

We sailed the Golden In July to Alaska in July and booked an inside cabin just so we could spend our dollars on several costly shore excursions. As it turned out, we spent more time on deck viewing scenery and wildlife during key scenic moments and, as the previous poster indicated, were able to follow move quickly across decks to follow the naturalist's timely narration. We had an incredible cruise and caught a range of sights I feel might not have been visable from a fixed location. That said, we'll be heading back to aft balcony C753 for our March cruise on the CB, where comfort rules.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you Roby&Becky, Katisdale, Gsmith, Colo-cruiser, and Rick for all the input! I think I like Colo's statement the best: "753 is a sanctuary!"

Since I am a relatively newbie cruiser and have never been on Princess nor an aft cabin, that is what I am truly hoping for!

BTW Colo, does the "colo" in your name stand for Colorado, or Colonel? I ask this because as a nurse, I keep imagining it to be 'colonoscopy cruiser.' :P

(hoping you have a sense of humor!)

Thank you Roby&Becky, Katisdale, Gsmith, Colo-cruiser, and Rick for all the input! I think I like Colo's statement the best: "753 is a sanctuary!"

Since I am a relatively newbie cruiser and have never been on Princess nor an aft cabin, that is what I am truly hoping for!

BTW Colo, does the "colo" in your name stand for Colorado, or Colonel? I ask this because as a nurse, I keep imagining it to be 'colonoscopy cruiser.' :P

(hoping you have a sense of humor!)

No Colonoscopy!! :eek:

Colorado. ;)

We had C752 and the view there was better than the crowded decks. However, if someone wants a really private deck forward. go all the way forward. I did on Caribe deck. then through doors that say crew only,There were crew cabins there. Keep going then go out doors on to an absolutely no one there fabulous viewing deck.I thought it would be packed and we were the only ones, panoramic.

I have read a bit about 'The Sanctuary,' and while it sounds quite nice, I really love the look of the balcony in the cabin we have booked (c753/aft corner). So I guess my question is, is viewing really that much better from the sanctuary rather than the privacy of one's own balcony?

Thank you for any input, as always :)

I would personally never take sanctuary over aft balcony for viewing. We had C752 Aug 30-Sept 7 and the views were breathtaking. Tracy Arm was stunning. And we had beautiful weather too.

Archived