Advise!! got my docs, but now they say I owe $500!!

sheilb4

Hope I am not confusing you all as much as I am feeling!!!!

Now I get an email from my TA that RCCL state they issued me a refund on a cc for $500 when I transferred my booking to my TA last year...(def. not aware of that) the CC they show is not one I recognize and totally DIFFERENT to the cc on my invoice for this payment from my TA!!!

Looking more like the TA has messed up...do I insist she sort this out and pay ? what should I do?

But again I question, how was this never picked up until yesterday when I had made my final payment almost 2 months ago and have my tickets/cruise docs in hand.....

Do you think my TA should take responsibility for this error and pay this, if it is so...?

or do I just have to trust/believe this is correct and find another $500 somewhere...!!!??? My cruise in in 29 days!!!

What would you do? :eek:

I have to say, the RCCL booking system is quirky. That's the only way to put it. I have seen some weird things lately. Like one cruise that had final payment back in June and said $0 due - NOW says "Amount Owed Negative $157 I called 2 reps at RCCL for an explanation, they denied it existed. I took a screen shot of it and called RCCL and asked for Resolutions Department who said "Ohhh yeah, I see your email. I have no explanation for that" :cool:

Has your TA said yet that you DO OWE the $500????? I know RCCL is saying that, but your TA isn't, right? So it is up to her to make this right.

Hope I am not confusing you all as much as I am feeling!!!!

Now I get an email from my TA that RCCL state they issued me a refund on a cc for $500 when I transferred my booking to my TA last year...(def. not aware of that) the CC they show is not one I recognize and totally DIFFERENT to the cc on my invoice for this payment from my TA!!!

Looking more like the TA has messed up...do I insist she sort this out and pay ? what should I do?

Uh oh! I had a feeling that happened! When transferring bookings, they sometimes have to refund amounts to credit cards. That happened to me too.

They need to find out WHO they issued the credit to. You want a resolutions expert in this situation.

Don't panic yet...the other day I called for a $100 price drop

They said I would get $100 obc

Then I checked my account on line and it siad i owed $900!!!

I called RC immediately and they said don't worry

Our computer systen is weird and we have to do it this way

In order to not have iit go on your credit card???????

I don't get it at all...BUT...later they sent me an updated

e-mail of my account and it was all fixed...I checked on-line

again and sure enough it was fixed there too!!

I almost had a heart attack...but it all straightened out

I guess with many people calling in for price drops it takes

them time to "manually" fix it as they explained to me!!!

Kay

Get all of the payment details from your TA. You mentioned in a previous post you used several different cards and have cancelled some recently. If she gets you the details you should be able to follow up with the issuing bank.

Good luck, and a good lesson for folks to keep track of credit cards for at least a year.

My TA is saying I do not owe this and have paid in full.....oh my!

So you think if she has messed up and that I insist she make it right....? thanks...

You said you have emails from her, so she is telling you all of this in an email? Good, you may need that. ;)

I wouldn't say to the TA "YOU MESSED UP!" (what's that saying, bees & honey :)) however I would definitly be demanding that she make this right.

So email her and tell her that you expect she will honor her invoices and will make this right and to contact you when she does. I would also still be requesting a 3 way with resolutions.

I have to say, the RCCL booking system is quirky. That's the only way to put it. I have seen some weird things lately. Like one cruise that had final payment back in June and said $0 due - NOW says "Amount Owed Negative $157 I called 2 reps at RCCL for an explanation, they denied it existed. I took a screen shot of it and called RCCL and asked for Resolutions Department who said "Ohhh yeah, I see your email. I have no explanation for that" :cool:

Has your TA said yet that you DO OWE the $500????? I know RCCL is saying that, but your TA isn't, right? So it is up to her to make this right.

You can say that again.....I have an extra charge on my upcoming Oasis sailing for $75...it happened making specialty restaurant reservations...I know it's a mistake and talked to resolutions for over a week....they admit it is a mistake but couldn't figure how to remove the extra charge off my account since it's a "ghost" charge from specialty dining.....long story short is that after weeks and weeks I just gave up and chalk it up to a screwed up system....I know it shouldn't be that way but it's just not worth anymore aggravation or my time for $75...still gets me:mad:though....ok...breath....breath:) This also happend on my Indy sailing back in April for $30 and also just gave up on that and ate that one also:rolleyes:after a half dozen calls and getting nothing done.

My TA is saying I do not owe this and have paid in full.....oh my!

So you think if she has messed up and that I insist she make it right....? thanks...

What scares me about this comment is if the TA is saying she's paid in full, then it sounds like the TA has no intention of getting any money to RCI. RCI says there's a balance due. TA and client say it's paid in full. No one can find this $500 credit. Unfortunately RCI's the one with the power in this situation.

SOMEHOW you have to figure out what card it went to. Beg them to tell you all 16 digits. If it starts with a 4 it's probably Visa, with a 5 it's probably Mastercard. (3 Amex). THEN think about what banks your old cards were attached to. There aren't that many. I know I've had cards from MBNA, Citibank and BofA. If I had to call banks, I could at least narrow down the number of banks.

Then again, I don't think MBNA is around anymore...oy!!! But they merged with BofA, right?

Get those 16 digits!

OH I just had a thought. Get your credit report! They'll show all the cards you've had and when they were closed!!!!

This same thing just happened to us. I called to get a price reduction. Final payment had already been made so they said I got an OBC. I booked direct with the cruise line by the way. The next day we checked on line and it said we owed $3,800:eek:! We paid in full last month. When we called we were told the same thing others here have stated-the system screwed up and it would be straight in 24 to 48 hours. It is now showing we owe nothing. It sure sounds like this is what happened to you even though that's not what you're being told.

This is just one more example why I never use a TA. I like being able to have a conversation with the cruise line if something is wrong.

Hope it all works out for you.

I agree...I have cruised 8 times with RC and never use a TA for that reason!

I am able to call RC and do whatever and ask whatever I want!

I have NEVER had a problem and they fix things up right away....

I have switched rooms MANY times and got credit for price drops directly

I still can't figure out why people use a TA

To get a few extra bucks off and then lose complete control over your booking

Not me....

Kay

Thank you all for such wonderful advises....

My TA is saying I am paid in full. I received an invoice stating this...according to my cc all payments were made direct to RCCL...

The fare quoted etc has not changed except for some discounts awarded, but it all adds up ok...unfortunately one cc I made a 2nd deposit with, (approx 10months ago)I do not have any longer, so unable to verify.

Again, as already stated here, my balance showed "0" my tickets were issued and I have completed and printed out my sail pass info etc, so how could this be IF I still had a balance due...and especially when it is just 30 days out...the final balance HAD to be paid by Aug 5th I think it was...and which I did pay, and have statement to prove again...Oh my!! this is going to be a sleepless night! My TA says she will call RCCL in the am...

your TA may have applied discounts for which you are not eligible. RC does track this, and bills for the difference. Just a possibility.

Kay I have used our TA for over 8 years now. She is an excellant one and am very well aware many have had bad experiences with a TA. In all our Cruises which sadly only number 4, I have never worried about our reservations. If for any reason I were to book a cruise and not use our TA i would book directly with the Cruise lines. She sends me updates on specials, our payments are made directly to the Cruise lines, and a statement is sent to us within the week following a payment. I also check our CC to verify all payments when the bill comes in. Our Cruises prices are what she receives from the agent while I am present in her office.

your TA may have applied discounts for which you are not eligible. RC does track this, and bills for the difference. Just a possibility.

had that happen on a cruise.......checked in at port and then they came and found us and said we owed $500 in order to sail....apparently a residency disc was applied and they had the wrong initials for the state....

Called the ta who got it handled......I paid it and was reimbursed....(thank you S).....

The moral of the story is humans make errors........

GOOD LUCK OP.....I hope it all works out but I know how the stress can make it definitely not fun........

j

A credit report...good idea!

Another angle on this..... just had an email from TA....seems that RCCL are stating that the $500 deposit was refunded when I transferred over to TA....back in November 08...

TA says that she just took over their invoice with payments and worked from that...no mention of any refund etc at that time...(until yesterday)

The invoice from RCCL stated the deposits were all paid....and what the remaining balance was, which was paid in full 6 weeks ago...

So now what????

A credit report...good idea!

Another angle on this..... just had an email from TA....seems that RCCL are stating that the $500 deposit was refunded when I transferred over to TA....back in November 08...

TA says that she just took over their invoice with payments and worked from that...no mention of any refund etc at that time...(until yesterday)

The invoice from RCCL stated the deposits were all paid....and what the remaining balance was, which was paid in full 6 weeks ago...

So now what????

You need to find out if in fact they did credit and to where? Get verification on that, if it was credited and you didn't realize it then you are liable for the $500. If you don't know what card you used this is going to take a bit of detective work.

Thanks ...the TA gave me the last 4 digits of cc that RCCL gave her, but I do not recognize it, also the TA invoice shows a different cc for the deposits that were transferred over to her..

Confusing or what! but very upsetting none the less, especially if I have to try to come up with another $500 because of their error in accounting or whatever it turns out to be...

Surely if its an accounting error on their side they should write it off? or will I just have no choice but to pay v them cancelling my cruise in 29 days! with everyone elses' experience i similar issues, whats' the general concensus do you all think?:(

I think you need to turn your house upside down and try to find something that shows what credit card you used to make the deposit. You must have some kind of statement for the last 12 months. If they are saying that the $500 was refunded, wouldn't you have seen that on your statement or don't you check them?

We keep a folder for each cruise we make that shows how all payments were made. We keep information for the cruise fare, flights, rental car, excursions, etc so if we run into problems, we can track all payments.

See if you can find a credit card receipt for that time frame for anything else you might have purchased so you can get the whole credit card amount. Once you have that, you can call the credit card company, even if it is closed, and get some detail sent to you.

Good luck.

You can get a copy of your credit report free and emailed to you fast. (Free if you haven't ordered one in the past year.) I've used www.annualcreditreport.com for the past few years. Then match up those last 4 digits with the cc from the report and call them to find out if you ever got a $500 refund. You should be able to resovle that part today.

Find out from Royal where the refund was issued to. They should have a record of that. You should arrange that 3 way call others have suggested.

You don't have the old statements from your CC's? You throw them all out? Try looking around and see if you can find old statements . If you can't prove you are all paid up then I don't see how they will let you cruise. At this point it is not who is blame but what needs to be done to insure you get to go on the cruise, your TA needs to talk to resolutions to see what can be worked out.

Sounds like your TA has no intentions of caughing up the difference.....all I can tell you from my personal experience is if you don't have the complete proof to back it up to resolutions (in which you don't seem to and in your case have a TA which makes you a 3rd party) get ready to pay it or loose it:(

Archived