People listing their cruises?

KODA C

Obnoxious signatures do tempt me to turn them off.

Some signatures makes me wonder if the poster wants to participate in the discussion or to post their cruise history. It takes away from what they post. Most who post their cruise history who have many cruises manage to post their history without overwhelming their message with it. I would hate to have to turn off signatures because of one or two who go overboard doing it.

I noticed there is an ignore button. Does anyone know if it works? That could be a solution to block the few who have signatures one does not want so see.

I list my cruises for one simple reason. I'm a cruise GEEK. I even have the cruise listed where I was conceived on my parents' honeymoon. I'd hardly call that bragging since I was all but a tiny thing just created. :D

I'd like to add that at some point when I have a few more, I'll start removing the older ones (except for the conception cruise);)

I noticed there is an ignore button. Does anyone know if it works? That could be a solution to block the few who have signatures one does not want so see.

The "ignore" feature is a wonderful perk here at CC. :)

With a board this big and so many different people and different personalities, there is most likely going to be somone that ends up bugging you, for whatever reason. When you discover who that person is, it's easy to put them "on ignore" and then there posts are hidden and you don't have to be annoyed by them anymore. It's really a nice feature to have!

Obnoxious signatures do tempt me to turn them off.

Some signatures makes me wonder if the poster wants to participate in the discussion or to post their cruise history. It takes away from what they post. Most who post their cruise history who have many cruises manage to post their history without overwhelming their message with it. I would hate to have to turn off signatures because of one or two who go overboard doing it.

Yes the ignore feature in your profile does works so any of these posters' comments are not shown on the threads you look at. The only then shown is that poster's name, the post # and the message

"This message is hidden because ABCposter is on your ignore list."

I prefer to see a poster's cruise history as long as it is simple. It provides me with some information as to what experience the poster has and jogs my memory if I've cruise with them before.

What I really don't like is the count down clocks which take up a lot more space. I simply add a new booking to my cruise history figuring that if it's a future date the reader will know that it's a upcoming cruise.

As others have said, if you don't like to see signatures, simply turn off that feature in your Thread Display Options.

Charles4515 - Who's signature are you talking about? Mine? :(

You compress your signature list of cruises into five lines. That is not bad. The ones I don't care for have one or two lines of message and have 26 lines of cruises listed in their signature that overwhelms the message content.

The "ignore" feature is a wonderful perk here at CC. :)

With a board this big and so many different people and different personalities, there is most likely going to be somone that ends up bugging you, for whatever reason. When you discover who that person is, it's easy to put them "on ignore" and then there posts are hidden and you don't have to be annoyed by them anymore. It's really a nice feature to have!

I never noticed the ignore feature in all these years.

By the way your signature is an example of why I don't want to turn all signatures off. I like yours.

I guess this thread has really made me curious. Do the majority of posters on CC not have the signature turned off????? I have always assumed that most people do and can simply click on the user name to see the signature if they want. Mine has always been set up this way and I just assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that this was the way everyone did it.

Is there a way to open someones signatures without going to the User CP and clicking the option? I'd like that! :) I normally keep signatures blocked, but opened them recently, when a member said he had a link in his signature that I wanted to see.

Click on the poster's name (eg excitedofharpenden in this post), then "View Public Profile" from the resulting drop down list and if they have one you can see their signature under the "About Me" tab.

Phil

By the way your signature is an example of why I don't want to turn all signatures off. I like yours.

Thanks, Charles! :)

I, too, like some posters sig lines, but I dislike the ones that list all of their past cruises on separate horizontal lines that you have to scroll down forever to get past. Personally, I couldn't care less which ships someone has sailed on. jmho.

I enjoy seeing posters' cruises listed in their signature, and have gotten ideas for future cruises from some of these lists. For most signatures, I don't see it as a bragging issue, but rather something that adds interest to the forums, and sometimes even more interesting that the topic of the thread or contents of the posts.:)

Click on the poster's name (eg excitedofharpenden in this post), then "View Public Profile" from the resulting drop down list and if they have one you can see their signature under the "About Me" tab.

Phil

OK, for now I deleted my cruise history and will try to condense it. But my question still remains - don't the majority of users have the sig off? The way Phil describes how to check sigs is the way I thought 99% of CC members did it.

Okay, I removed the annoying animated gif...:o

and replaced it with a different annoying animated gif.:D

LOL. I don't mind seeing everyone's cruising list at all. I haven't listed our's because the list's quite long, and I have forgotten some of them! I'm not bragging, but just didn't think anyone would be interested in our cruising history.

We also do not care for the listing of past cruises in each email.:mad:

We live in Florida near the cruise terminal and have been on somewhere between 35 and a zillion cruises.

No one cares what we have been on and we leave that information out.

To post them all would seem to us like bragging.

If we are asked, we say 35 or so.

However we do like to see the future cruises that have been booked.

We don't think of ourselves as any different than first time cruisers and think posting our past cruisers would make them feel inferior.

In fact we are first time cruisers on Celebrity.

For some reason we have never been on Celebrity and will be sailing for the first time in December.

We feel like a fish out of water and find the posts about the Celebrity Equinox Aqua Class very informative.

Keep them coming.

Just an opinion, not a complaint. :)

Archived