People listing their cruises?

KODA C

Click on the poster's name (eg excitedofharpenden in this post), then "View Public Profile" from the resulting drop down list and if they have one you can see their signature under the "About Me" tab.

Phil

Oh thanks...I knew how to do that. I thought maybe you were talking about something simple that I click on the thread, and then the signature pops up. :)

Charles4515 - When I reach 2010, maybe I will start all over with another decade of cruising. ;)

You need a few more Celebrity Cruises under your belt....not enough of them on your list yet!

FinelyCruising - Oh, I get it now. I was thinking I was on the RCCL board. :D We had the Solstice booked at one time, but it was getting too many negative reviews, so we decided to put that ship on the back burner and wait for the Equinox to come out. Hopefully, we will cruise her in the near future.

i especially enjoyed the cat in the beret : )

I also enjoy a certain poster's dancing girl and I enjoy mary's dancing "MARY"

Oh...and I would rather see how long till my next one than where I've been

FinelyCruising - Oh, I get it now. I was thinking I was on the RCCL board. :D We had the Solstice booked at one time, but it was getting too many negative reviews, so we decided to put that ship on the back burner and wait for the Equinox to come out. Hopefully, we will cruise her in the near future.

Solstice was great, just great. Equinox is November 5 so after 14 days on her I should be able to tell you alot about it when I get back. :D

LOL. I don't mind seeing everyone's cruising list at all. I haven't listed our's because the list's quite long, and I have forgotten some of them! I'm not bragging, but just didn't think anyone would be interested in our cruising history.

I did it only for myself to keep track and as long as the sigs are turned off, it works quite well that way.

OK, for now I deleted my cruise history and will try to condense it. But my question still remains - don't the majority of users have the sig off? The way Phil describes how to check sigs is the way I thought 99% of CC members did it.

I believe the "default" setting when you set up a new account is to display the signatures, avitars, etc. In general, most computer users I know don't really bother customizing their programs or their preferences for Web sites they frequent (and I work in IT!).

I rarely go in to check my preferences -- in fact I hadn't in years until I responded earlier in this thread with the step-by-step instructions. So if anything "new" had happened, I probably would not have been aware of it.

I too don't really "mind" the sigs and other stuff -- I just don't want to commit the screen space to it!

• 4 weeks later...
Do what I do -- turn off display of "signatures" (which is where this stuff is stored)

Go to the top of the Web page - under the Cruise Critic Banner there is a menu - the first choice is "User CP". Click User CP.

Select "Edit Options" from the menu that will appear on the next screen (a vertical listing to the left-hand side of the screen).

Go to the section entitled "Thread Display Options"

Read through the "Visible Post Elements"

Unclick "Show Signature" -- and then the long listing of previous cruises will no longer clutter up your screen.

You may also want to deselect the "Avitar" and "Pictures" options there to further declutter your board experience. Hope this helps! It certainly has made my time on these boards much more enjoyable.

I do exactly as you do, and it helps the experience. Better yet would be if the clutter (excessive listings, not just one next cruise) were either confined to one's personal profile page (anyone can click to see that) or else confined in each post by mandate of the hosts, since it would likely be difficult to do via software, since we don't want to limit the size of long reviews.

I really enjoy reading the lists of cruises people have taken and never thought at all that it was bragging. For me, as stated earlier, it is a way for me to know the "hands-on knowledge" of the poster and is a sort of "cruise life bio." I like the pictures, count downs and all!

I like being able to see where people have been. I think it's interesting. You can see the long lists and see which lines people keep going back to. And once when I posted a question about Celebrity I got a response from a guy with a list of 25+ cruises he had been on and NONE were Celebrity so I had to wonder why he was responding. I went with other answers I got instead.

Archived