Starbucks information on Princess

easykruz

If your like me I need my Starbucks fix and miss it aboard Princess and I don't have room for a coffee maker etc. I just tried VIA, which is Starbucks new instant coffee and as far as I am concerned it is excellent, so now I can take my Starbucks aboard Princess. Hope this helps others.

Keep on Kruzin,

Easykruz

What a great idea. I too love the VIA Starbucks. You can just put it in your checked luggage. I even bring SF coffee syrups in a plastic bottle. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I will need to get a coffee card now. Are you sailing Oct. 11,2009?

I have some VIA on my desk as I type this, I just haven't tried it yet. Is it really that good?

What a great idea, taking it on board. Although, I have to admit, that Jamaician Blue Mountain coffee at the International Cafe is really good.

Where do you purchase VIA. Is it at Starbucks?

Just came out Nation-wide a day or so ago. I was top of the list here as I had tried it a few months ago when some stores had samples that disappeared quickly. I got the Colombian brew....did not really like the "Italian Roast" they had me sample. 12-pack cost $9.95. I still like having the coffee card, but the Starbucks instant will tide me over until the Int'l Cafe opens in the morning.

no instant can compare w/brewed coffee.

Unless you've actually tried Starbuck's VIA, you may want to do so before making this statement. I was very skeptical when I received it through the mail as a free promotion. I could not believe how much it's like the real thing. I personally added a bit more water as it was too strong for me using suggested amounts. It has been available on line for about 6 or 8 months and I've been using it since the original promotion when I want a quick cup of coffee. It is excellent! At least IMHO. :p

I stopped in my local Starbucks this afternoon to give it a try since they had free samples. I didn't think the hot sample was as good as I would have liked for me to buy it, however they also made me an iced coffee with some and that I really liked. So, I may take some for an afternoon "pick me up" and purchase the coffee card as usual.

I was quite shocked when I went to Starbucks yesterday and tried a sample of their new VIA instant coffee. It really is shockingly good. I'd never had good instant prior to yesterday. It is something I would consider doing too, buying some VIA and bringing it on board a cruise. But I have to admit that I like having a coffee card and getting those great cappuccinos and cafe mochas.:D

The starbucks coffee over there must be different than the starbucks they have here. Either that or Aussies don't take to it. Stores closing down everywhere. We had one at our local shopping centre, not that many people went to it, and it closed down.

I personally don't like it. We have places called Gloria Jeans Coffee and The Coffee Club. Now that is good coffee.

When I am over there in Feb I will check out the American Starbucks and see if it is different.

From the amount of threads on these boards regarding coffee I can see Americans are addicted to their coffee........:D

I have also heard that they have hired retired police drug dogs to sniff it out of your luggage.

Okay, this is just really freaky. I'm still hoping this is a joke. I mean, it's so extreme. The idea that a cruiseline would use police drug sniffing dogs to sniff out coffee??? :confused: That is just absurd.

Okay, this is just really freaky. I'm still hoping this is a joke. I mean, it's so extreme. The idea that a cruiseline would use police drug sniffing dogs to sniff out coffee??? :confused: That is just absurd.

I was just talking to my source and she was telling me that they are even prepared to do strip searches if they think you are "packing"

My source just e mailed to tell me that "they" have Juan Valdez under 24 hour surveillance.

And his donkey, Conchita. I have it on good authority she and Juan were having a torrid affair but she started stepping out with the Taco Bell chihuahua and things were never the same again between Juan and his Conchita. So now I believe the Princess Undercover Coffee Squad are looking to maybe turn her and send her in wearing a wire.

The starbucks coffee over there must be different than the starbucks they have here. Either that or Aussies don't take to it. Stores closing down everywhere. We had one at our local shopping centre' date=' not that many people went to it, and it closed down.

I personally don't like it. We have places called Gloria Jeans Coffee and The Coffee Club. Now that is good coffee.

When I am over there in Feb I will check out the American Starbucks and see if it is different.

From the amount of threads on these boards regarding coffee I can see Americans are addicted to their coffee........:D[/quote']

I honestly don't like Starbucks (I'm in the US). It seems too bitter to me. My favorite is Caribou coffee, but I also really like Bigby coffee.

The starbucks coffee over there must be different than the starbucks they have here. Either that or Aussies don't take to it. Stores closing down everywhere. We had one at our local shopping centre, not that many people went to it, and it closed down.

It probably is the same. Starsucks is NOT good, but it IS better than what Princess has to offer. The best coffee shop in California was Diedrich's, but they closed down their stores. Still available on-line.

The Princess coffee card is a good idea, but I may bring some Starsucks VIA with me on my next cruise. Maybe.

Starsucks is NOT good, but it IS better than what Princess has to offer.

(That is free, anyway.)

I hope Princess has someone watching the boards and will pay attention to the complaints. I know having the perfect cup of coffee may seem silly to some, but to us coffee lovers, it is important!

Archived