Loyal to Royal?

Last August, I went on Voyager of the Seas with my family of 14. This was our 5th cruise, 3rd Royal Caribbean, as a group. Before I went on the cruise, I was very loyal to royal. However, after I went on, I'm now loyal to NCL. The cruise was fun and all, but there wasn't enough to do on board. On the last day, we couldn't dock in France because of high winds. So I figured that there would be plenty to do onboard. To my disappointment, there was not much to do on the boat.The entire day, I just got movies from the concierge lounge. On my next cruise in 2011, I'll most likely be going on a Greek Isle cruise on the NCL Gem. Please, pick NCL over RCL. (Don't forget about the lower prices:))

Last August, I went on Voyager of the Seas with my family of 14. This was our 5th cruise, 3rd Royal Caribbean, as a group. Before I went on the cruise, I was very loyal to royal. However, after I went on, I'm now loyal to NCL. The cruise was fun and all, but there wasn't enough to do on board. On the last day, we couldn't dock in France because of high winds. So I figured that there would be plenty to do onboard. To my disappointment, there was not much to do on the boat.The entire day, I just got movies from the concierge lounge. On my next cruise in 2011, I'll most likely be going on a Greek Isle cruise on the NCL Gem. Please, pick NCL over RCL. (Don't forget about the lower prices:))

I hope NCL is giving you a commission. Now go back to the NCL board and behave. :D

You think there is going to be more to do on the Gem???????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahsahahshahahahahahahahha
I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying.. LOL! You always make me giggle!

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying.. LOL! You always make me giggle!

I am saying he is dreaming if he thinks the Gem is going to have more activities then the Voyager and thanks for the compliment.

Several springs ago TA eastbound on Voyager there was very little to do in the way of enrichment activities. I figured a cheap TA what can you expect. Last November westbound on Voyager - lots of enrichment activities - go figure. I'm booked this November on the Voyager westbound TA - I'll keep you posted on activities. This September I did a westbound TA on Crown Princess and missed 4 of 9 ports due to weather. I am not a Princess fan (small cabins, poorly designed ships, etc.) but I was impressed with how the staff worked to organize interesting unscheduled activities. With 38 RCCL cruises under my belt you can tell that I'm a fan. But in general the available enrichment activities on board have not quite matched those I found on Celebrity, Princess, or HAL. I'm only referring to destination cruises (Med, Baltic, Australia, etc.), not the fun in the sun Caribbean cruises.

Several springs ago TA eastbound on Voyager there was very little to do in the way of enrichment activities. I figured a cheap TA what can you expect. Last November westbound on Voyager - lots of enrichment activities - go figure. I'm booked this November on the Voyager westbound TA - I'll keep you posted on activities. This September I did a westbound TA on Crown Princess and missed 4 of 9 ports due to weather. I am not a Princess fan (small cabins, poorly designed ships, etc.) but I was impressed with how the staff worked to organize interesting unscheduled activities. With 38 RCCL cruises under my belt you can tell that I'm a fan. But in general the available enrichment activities on board have not quite matched those I found on Celebrity, Princess, or HAL. I'm only referring to destination cruises (Med, Baltic, Australia, etc.), not the fun in the sun Caribbean cruises.

On our TA on NCL's Dream back in 2007, they had a great lecturer on D-Day and WWII. But, unless you went an hour before, you couldn't find a place to sit let alone close enough to hear him. Even after it became apparent that the venue wasn't big enough, they never moved it.

On the last three trans-Atlantics on Royal (Voyager twice and Navigator once), we have had good cultural programs. Don't know how "cultural" murders in LA/Hollywood are, but darn interesting (lol).

Booked on the Voyager in November crossing the pond so I'll see you then.

Tucker in Texas

OMG...You are a great salesperson...I just called and canceled my 6 booked cruises with RCCL and re-booked them all on NCL...and I saved $2,000 on my insurance with Geico....:eek:;):rolleyes::D

BILL

I am so sorry to hear your cruise was ruined because of boredom and high winds on the last day.

My question is:

Could I ask why you are posting/saying? Please, pick NCL over RCL. :confused:

umm, no

So, how long have you worked for NCL?

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose..........................

:D :D :D

No contest, NCL was the WORST cruise I've taken. Never again.

I took their "Last Train Out of Clarkesville" (the last trans-Atlantic from Houston and their last embarkation from Houston) in 2007. Not only did the price I paid for my cabin go down to half when it sailed and they would not give me the reduction, I felt like if they could figure out how to charge for the chair I sat in, they would do it.

On "formal" night I sat with people in flip flops and tee shirts because it was "freestyle." I was told that cab rides to town would be mega bucks because we were so far out of town so $8 pp each way on their shuttle would be a bargain when,in fact, it was 10 euros for a cab for four with nice tip.

As for the food--don't ask. I lost weight. When we tried to make a reservation, it was 5:30 or 8:30 even though the dining room was half empty when we went early.

The only good things I could say about the cruise was when my friend lost her purse with her passport among other things, they were really supporting. That and my room steward was good in spite of having 38 cabins with an assistant. It could be the $2 a day and a piece of candy helped that along when I told him I didn't want my cabin made up at 1:00 p.m. in the morning or 10:30 p.m. in the evening (lol).

NCL is not even on my radar anymore. You pays for what you gets.

Tucker in Texas

Although we did like our NCL cruises more than our one Carnival cruise, we hesitate to sail NCL again.

The absolute worst food at sea and they don't maintain their ships well. We noticed a huge degradation on the NCL Star after only 4 years, we've cruised on RCI's oldest ships and they are still lovely.

There's something out there for everyone, so go for it and be happy on NCL :)

I'm Sorry, What am I missing here. If the Rock Climbing Wall, In-line Skating Rink, Miniature Golf, 3 Pools, Gym, Spa, Jogging Track, Breakfast Lunch, Dinner , Johnny Rockets, Prominade Cafe, Library, Internet Center, Royal Prominade, Shops, Cinema, Ice Skating Rink, Theater, Kids programs, Arcades, Ect...Ect....Ect... all on a ship! Traveling 13 other family members and you couldn't find enything to do? Lets face it, cruising is probably not for you. RCCL of NCL or any others. :cool:

Archived