Loyal to Royal?

OK, I'll assume this is a semi-serious enquiry.

Just of a TA on the NCL Jewel, after several TAs on RC ships. What another guest said to me sums it up - he had time to read 19 pages of a book on his last RC TA. On NCL - he had time to read 4 books. If you don't play bingo, or other gambling, not that much to do.

My mini-review of NCL: in the following areas, NCL exceeded RC standards - bed and bedding (hate those RC horse blankets), production shows (by a big margin), returning guest party (the drinks were flowing!), tendering (great job). In a few other areas, even, but in most areas, especially all facets of food service, RC better by a BIG margin. Lucky that some seem to like NCL, or RC ships would be more crowded!

Last August, I went on Voyager of the Seas with my family of 14. This was our 5th cruise, 3rd Royal Caribbean, as a group. Before I went on the cruise, I was very loyal to royal. However, after I went on, I'm now loyal to NCL. The cruise was fun and all, but there wasn't enough to do on board. On the last day, we couldn't dock in France because of high winds. So I figured that there would be plenty to do onboard. To my disappointment, there was not much to do on the boat.The entire day, I just got movies from the concierge lounge. On my next cruise in 2011, I'll most likely be going on a Greek Isle cruise on the NCL Gem. Please, pick NCL over RCL. (Don't forget about the lower prices:))

And the reason that YOU care which line that I choose to sail with is......

OMG...You are a great salesperson...I just called and canceled my 6 booked cruises with RCCL and re-booked them all on NCL...and I saved $2,000 on my insurance with Geico....:eek:;):rolleyes::D

BILL

Glad to here that. Sorry about the post guys. I kind of over reacted a little bit. Everyone has different tastes. Anyway, I just think that there was nothing to do the last day was because it was on such shot notice. (And the fact that most of the arcade games were broken!) If you like royal, stick with it:)

Glad to here that. Sorry about the post guys. I kind of over reacted a little bit. Everyone has different tastes. Anyway, I just think that there was nothing to do the last day was because it was on such shot notice. (And the fact that most of the arcade games were broken!) If you like royal, stick with it:)

Do Mommy and Daddy know you are on the computer? Sorry to hear the arcade games were broken.:rolleyes::p

You think there is going to be more to do on the Gem???????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahsahahshahahahahahahahha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

laughing-019.gif

We have done 1 and only 1 Ncl! Never again. Our kids were bored stiff. Anything that looked interesting had an extra price tag on it. The service was awful. If it weren't for the people we met from CC it would have been a total disaster! Were going to give Rcl a shot because we've heard good things and got a good price. But were perfectly happy to return to Carnival any time!

Every so often we try another because of itinerary or price. We always come back to Royal the next cruise because we know what to expect, and haven't been disappointed yet. What does someone expect the ship to provide so they won't be bored? Napkin folding 101? Introduction to brain surgery?

What would you find to occupy your time stuck for 7 days in a hotel on the beach for a land vacation? Now that's boring.

I must say I was an extremely loyal RCCL individual. But the people commenting on this site are rude!!! You are being extremely nasty to royalcaribbean101. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion and frankly I totally agree that RCCL has gone way downhill recently. They have an attitude that they are better than anyone, which is far from the truth. I do not think I would choose NCL but that is my choice. RCCL travelers are loyal to a fault. I for 1 will be sailing on RCCL one more time only to get my $1,000 credit I have with them. Then I will move on to greener pastures. Yes, it might look better but one thing I do know is the RCCL pasture has been brown too long!!

I must say I was an extremely loyal RCCL individual. But the people commenting on this site are rude!!! You are being extremely nasty to royalcaribbean101. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion and frankly I totally agree that RCCL has gone way downhill recently. They have an attitude that they are better than anyone, which is far from the truth. I do not think I would choose NCL but that is my choice. RCCL travelers are loyal to a fault. I for 1 will be sailing on RCCL one more time only to get my $1,000 credit I have with them. Then I will move on to greener pastures. Yes, it might look better but one thing I do know is the RCCL pasture has been brown too long!!

I would imagine the OP received the same reception here that some of the harsher respondents would receive if they posted something similar on the NCL board. Unfortunately for the way the OP wrote the post - in was an open invitation for flamethrowers.

My response may have been construed as rude, but criticizing RCI is one thing, evangelizing for another line is another thing. I will debate the merits of RCI vs other lines all day, but I will never tell anyone on this board to please sail Princess or Celebrity instead. That is where the OP went astray in MNSHO.

My response to the OP may be construed as rude, however the OP crossed the line. Criticizing RCI is one thing, coming onto the RCI board and evangelizing for another cruise line is not acceptable. I will debate the merits of RCI vs other cruiselines all day, however I would never come on this board and tell people to cruise on Princess and Celebrity instead.

For many here who are pyro-obsessed, disagreement does not constitute flaming. If I tell you you are wrong I am just disagreeing if I add that your are an idiot too I am flaming you. Lets bury PC here.:p

Different strokes for different folks. This is like arguing politics or religion.

We have tried other lines but prefer ( or are addicted to ) RCI.

Our November cruise will be our 11th RCI cruise in less than 2 years. The advantage of being retired.

If another line works for you, go for it.

Until we find a better all around deal, we will continue to be "Loyal to Royal".

Archived