For those who have sailed Crown Princess...a ?

Terre

For those of you who have sailed Crown Princess, do you have a suggestion for a good roll call meet and greet? I have not been on Crown before and don't know about any of the lounges or bars for this.

Thanks for your suggestions.

For those of you who have sailed Crown Princess, do you have a suggestion for a good roll call meet and greet? I have not been on Crown before and don't know about any of the lounges or bars for this.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Inside I would suggest the Wheelhouse/Skywalkers/Adagio.

Adagio is pretty small though if you have a lot of people. :)

If Princess sets up one it will probably be in Skywalkers.

We have had informal ones off to the side in the Wheelhouse many times and it works great.

Adagio or Skywalker's bar. Neither will have the bar open but they are good places to meet. The Adagio bar is on deck 16, right above the buffet so you can get a drink there and bring it up. There are deep comfy chairs and couches; plus, hardly anyone is there during the day so it's a great place to sit, chat and be uninterrupted. There's also an outside deck area where you can go; there's a door right from the lounge. Skywalkers is also a good place to meet; it has good conversation groupings and fabulous views. I prefer the Adagio as it's 100% non-smoking so there's no stale smoke odor; Skywalkers always smells to me when I first go in there. But that's me. :)

i set up two parties in Adigo. one on formal night and one at 9 pm before we sailed from SJ. first party had 20 or so people. the second one had 50 people. they called downstairs for more help. had no problem with seats and no one wanted food.

Just back from the Crown. Princess set our meet and greet in the Wheelhouse Bar. Don't expect any extra's from Princess but they certainly will have a bartender available to take drink orders. I am in no way complaining just advising you of the facts.

Just back from the Crown. Princess set our meet and greet in the Wheelhouse Bar. Don't expect any extra's from Princess but they certainly will have a bartender available to take drink orders. I am in no way complaining just advising you of the facts.

Yes saw the whole group there at the Wheelhouse. And we never interupted the other meet and greets (Friend of Dr. B, Masons, Rotarians or LBGTs). Second nite worked good.

That's standard Princess policy. They have so many groups (social, family, etc.) booked on ships they can't accommodate or supply food or drinks to all of them. If they do it for one, they have to do it for all. Some Cruise Directors will, but most won't. They will help you set up a get-together, though; just not cover food/beverage costs.

We had our Meet and Greet on the Emerald (sister ship) in Adaigo's. We had over 60 people show up, and Princess supplied a bartender. We had a great time...John Lawrence (port lecturer and previous cruise director) was able to attend and mixed and mingled with all our Cruise Critic frineds. Definitely email the event coordinator for the Crown to set up the Meet and Greet.

You can also personally invite the Captain, first officer, or cruise director, etc. to attend. Leave an invitation addressed to each individual at the pursers desk on the first day of your cruise. If they are available one of them will attend your event.

Archived