Too Much Time So Here's a Tag

Randyk47

Randy,

Did you convert this from the original PDF file or make it from scratch?

I messed around a bit with my Pro version of Acrobat but finally just started from scratch in PowerPoint and built my own. Since I had a sample it really didn't take me long to build the initial format. Of course I fussed around with it for a few hours trying to get the spacing just the way I wanted. I'm going to print our tags on light card stock and then laminate them. I then plan to use a one-hole punch at the bottom below the cabin number and attach to our luggage using cable ties. I've made up a test tag and it looks good and is pretty sturdy.

PS - I'm pretty sure you could do this in Adobe Acrobat Pro but I just got the program about a week ago and haven't quite figured out how to manipulate the file/image. Naturally Adobe gives you no manuals with their software and I got impatient fooling with the program and the help menu. Went with my comfort software which I've used for years. :)

I love it when a plan comes together! Joanie (AKA IRL_Joanie on CC) volunteered to take my initial work, with my full support, and make up tags for every ship. She's looking at how you might enter the personal information on your computer but right now a typewriter or good old handwriting gets you a great looking Mariner tag.

Go here:

HAL Mariner Luggage Tags

Main Site

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/HAL-Mariner-Tags/

HAL Mariner Luggage Tags

Back Up Site

http://abqreunion2008.com/HAL-Mariner-Tags/

We were musing, via email, if HAL would get the idea some of us would like to see the Mariner designations back on our luggage tags. Maybe they'll catch on if they're reading this thread. Hint, hint..... :rolleyes:

Thanks to Joanie for going the extra mile for us! :D

I love it when a plan comes together! Joanie (AKA IRL_Joanie on CC) volunteered to take my initial work, with my full support, and make up tags for every ship. She's looking at how you might enter the personal information on your computer but right now a typewriter or good old handwriting gets you a great looking Mariner tag.

Go here:

HAL Mariner Luggage Tags

Main Site

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/HAL-Mariner-Tags/

HAL Mariner Luggage Tags

Back Up Site

http://abqreunion2008.com/HAL-Mariner-Tags/

We were musing, via email, if HAL would get the idea some of us would like to see the Mariner designations back on our luggage tags. Maybe they'll catch on if they're reading this thread. Hint, hint..... :rolleyes:

Thanks to Joanie for going the extra mile for us! :D

Thank You my friend for the great idea!!!

By the way all, for those of you with Black and White printers only, I've just uploaded the Mariner Luggage Tags in black and white format also. Save that Black Ink for when you really need it!!

Joanie

You can add text in MS Word. First off, right click on your ship's tag in your browser window and select save Picture as and put a copy on your hard drive. Then Start Word with a plain document and then click file and then click document setup. Switch the document orientation to Landscape. Then click on insert and then picture and then from file select the saved copy you made before. After it displays, right click on the picture and select format picture. Select the layout tab and choose Behind Text. Then click on the advanced button and uncheck Move with text. Then you are ready to type in whatever you want for name and sailing date. For cabin number use a text block and make the type go sideways. To do that choose Insert, then Text Box. Type your cabin number and then click Format and then click Text Direction and choose how you want it to appear. You can also click Format and then Text Box to remove any unwanted borders. Then position your text box where you want it. Good luck!

For the upside down text part here is what to do:

1.Type the text you want to rotate; select it; Cut, and Paste Special “As Picture”.

2.Make the picture Floating, if it isn't already (e.g. choose “Text Wrapping” on the Picture toolbar and change the wrapping to something other than “In Line With Text”.)

3.If you click on the picture, you can now free-rotate it, or flip it, or rotate left or right, or set the rotation to a specific angle using the Format + Picture dialog.

Randy, I'm so glad you got all that rain & found such a great rainy day project! Fabulous job. And thanks to Joanie for making the tags accessible to us all. Kudos to you both. :):)

For the upside down text part here is what to do:

1.Type the text you want to rotate; select it; Cut' date=' and Paste Special “As Picture”.

2.Make the picture Floating, if it isn't already (e.g. choose “Text Wrapping” on the Picture toolbar and change the wrapping to something other than “In Line With Text”.)

3.If you click on the picture, you can now free-rotate it, or flip it, or rotate left or right, or set the rotation to a specific angle using the Format + Picture dialog.[/quote']

I am so glad you were able to give the directions. I had been trying to find a good Avery Template, with no success.

I hope you do not mind, but I copied your directions for printing everything and added it to the main tag page along with you being the contributor:)

Joanie

Randy, I'm so glad you got all that rain & found such a great rainy day project! Fabulous job. And thanks to Joanie for making the tags accessible to us all. Kudos to you both. :):)

Thank you, Randy's idea and I was able to run with it. And now with Y's Owl, it looks like we all may be a lot happier with the HAL Tags:)

You're welcome Joanie. I figured not everybody has an expensive program like Photoshop, but that everybody has Word. If you use the Wingding font, you can even add the number of stars to match your Mariner level. Maybe they will add this to the computer classes they give onboard:-)

You're welcome Joanie. I figured not everybody has an expensive program like Photoshop' date=' but that everybody has Word. If you use the Wingding font, you can even add the number of stars to match your Mariner level. Maybe they will add this to the computer classes they give onboard:-)[/quote']

What a Great idea about adding the stars!! I'll add our 2 when I print ours out. Thanks for that hint!!

Joanie

Nice job everyone, I just loaded the Noordam tag into Photoshop and added my name and date , looks great!

...a matter of loading the luggage tag on Photoshop & personalizing the tag (B&W for me). Actually I wasn't aware Photoshop had that capability. Thanks Comptech for the tip.

BTW, Phototshops Elements 7.0 has been on sale at Costco (off and on) for $39 (with coupon) for the last 6-8 months. I've only used the program to play around with some of our favorite pictures.

Great idea with this application.

Needles to say. THANKS Randy for sharing your rainy day "project". I've been the greatest of fans of American ingenuity for years.

And thank you Joanie and Owl for your contributions and making things work for others.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

• 3 weeks later...
randy, will you also send the file to me?

thanks.

honeyclair at yahoo dot com

Was out with Mrs. K last night and didn't catch your request until this morning. I went ahead and sent you the file to your email address. Joanie has a great collection that she did fantastic work on but I noticed her site was down this AM.

Was out with Mrs. K last night and didn't catch your request until this morning. I went ahead and sent you the file to your email address. Joanie has a great collection that she did fantastic work on but I noticed her site was down this AM.

Yep Randy, seems to be another problem with the main site:mad:

SO I have created a back up for the Tags and Recipes, all can be accessed via my signature now:)

For those that want the HAL Mariner Luggage Tags you can get them at one or the other of the 2 sites listed here or by clicking on one of the links in my signature below:

HAL "Mariner" Luggage Tags http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/HAL-Mariner-Tags/

Back Up HAL "Mariner" Luggage Tags http://abqreunion2008.com/HAL-Mariner-Tags/

Joanie

Archived