why do people rave about Miracle?

Joie

last time we also had a obstucted with the french doors. It is so awesome . Just be careful if you have the cabin door and the french doors open at the same time. WHOOSH that door will slam shut hard! Also the door wont stay open unless you hold it open all the way and wrap part of the curtains thru the handle loop. Ill see if I can dig up a pic.

French Doors? is there actually doors that open or just windows

Do you have a photo?

Ok, I LOVE Carnival....have sailed on 5 different ones and have 2 more booked. This will be our first trip on the Miracle and people talk about liking all the ships, but for some reason the Miracle gets the best reviews and people say they would go back again and again....why is this ship so different?

What is the secret that it has the others do not? It can't be just the Spirit class...there are others in that class.

Well it is the only ship we have sailed twice.

I think we just got lucky - great ports, great ship, spirit class is best.

The Miracle was my honeymoon and first cruise. Everything we saw and experienced onboard was a new and exciting experience (get your minds out of the gutters!) Had no idea what a cruise would be like, and it was amazing.

Have sailed the Legend since, and honestly, it was my least favourite ship, so although I like the Miracle layout, that's not the real draw for me. She had an awesome band - Music Unlimited - good shows, including Ticket to Ride, excellent food and probably the best service we've had on any of our ships.

Loved the crew, loved the southern itinerary. But I still prefer the "larger" ships. Thought I would hate the size of the Fantasy, but I prefer Fantasy over Miracle - loved the new waterworks area! Now, if Miracle added waterworks and/or movie screen, I would be their biggest fan!

The Miracle is a beautiful ship. I didn't mind the dining room decor. We were seated downstairs so maybe we just didn't get the full grape effect lol. I thought the decor around the ship was tastefully done and the staff was incredible. The meal we had at Nick and Nora's was one of THE best I have ever had!

We stayed in room 4155- an obstructed view room. Love it and would stay in it again in a heart beat! It was also extremely conveniently located.

1218081684_2430.jpg.c1a79e4c12eff9f99242f1afddb16740.jpg

756833525_2431.jpg.dd7d5fd1cbbe83315ae1eb1711f0774c.jpg

41540067_2026.jpg.d96416dadb7bdbfabbdef9ab7659a0c4.jpg

Does the Miracle really make it all the way to Costa Rica and Panama?

Both the reviews for the Westerm route from last year indicate they changed the itinerary at the last minute and never made it that far south...engine problems. Has anyone actually gotten to Costa Rica on this ship? Ports are one of the reasons we are considering the Miracle.

Thanks for any insight on how to be fairly sure we will make these ports. Maybe another ship? Or the engine is now fixed?

I think it's just something you'll have to judge for yourself. Personally, I love everything about the ship... the layout, the decor (yes... even those giant grapes/skittles in the dining room LOL), the adults only aft pool, the amazing house band Music Unlimited, the beautiful supper club, the beatles show, etc etc

I don't have a picture but I stayed in a room with the french doors last January. Personally I think they are a fantastic deal. You can't see very much because there are lifeboats right in front of them, but at least you can get some fresh air for the price of an inside.

Can someone elaborate on the Beatle's show on Miracle? I have two kids who are Beatles fanatics and we'll be onboard Miracle for Xmas sailing....the kids would be gaga about this.

Please tell more....

Does the Miracle really make it all the way to Costa Rica and Panama?

Both the reviews for the Westerm route from last year indicate they changed the itinerary at the last minute and never made it that far south...engine problems. Has anyone actually gotten to Costa Rica on this ship? Ports are one of the reasons we are considering the Miracle.

Thanks for any insight on how to be fairly sure we will make these ports. Maybe another ship? Or the engine is now fixed?

There were several threads about the propulsion problem. Did you do a search within the Carnival board for threads with Miracle in the title? I'm pretty sure she did some Western runs after the problems were fixed. I thought that was last winter.

She just now moved back to FLL and started the winter routes. First western is going on now, I believe.

To the OP, there is a very long thread entitled "All Things Miracle" where I think you'll find a lot of information (it was very helpful to me before I sailed her the first time). It's very long, but people also post links to their review threads when they return.

Stuster - see below re the "All Things Miracle" thread. That is the definitive thread on the ship. Search the board for recent reviews, too. I know there are a couple from the 10/19 sailing that have recently been posted. I watched the Ticket to Ride show, but that was nearly 2 years ago. I don't sail again for another 5-6 weeks.

Re: the ship, I didn't like the decor, but I don't sail for the decor. I sail to get to the ports.

The great thing about the Spirit class, imho, is the layout. There is much less congestion than on the typical Carnival "floating box" design (and that covers them all, from Fantasy class on up).

The space ratio is also considerably better than the other classes, which helps.

Hopefully, some day I can sail the other three in the Spirit class.

Can someone elaborate on the Beatle's show on Miracle? I have two kids who are Beatles fanatics and we'll be onboard Miracle for Xmas sailing....the kids would be gaga about this.

Please tell more....

We absolutely love "Ticket to Ride." Have seen it 3x (twice on Freedom, once on Miracle) Would see it again, if given the opportunity. It was better on the Miracle - better singers/dancers. Won't spoil the ending, but it is soooo much fun - and the Miracle's band is much better than Freedom's was. (for those who know what I am talking about) Go early for good seats- try to sit down below, on an aisle.

Please tell more....

We absolutely love "Ticket to Ride." Have seen it 3x (twice on Freedom, once on Miracle) Would see it again, if given the opportunity. It was better on the Miracle - better singers/dancers. Won't spoil the ending, but it is soooo much fun - and the Miracle's band is much better than Freedom's was. (for those who know what I am talking about) Go early for good seats- try to sit down below, on an aisle.

Haha I must have seen that show at least 6 times... more than that I think (we've been on the Miracle 3x's and I'm pretty sure it was on another ship we went on as well). We are really lame and watch it both seatings! It has become sort of a tradition LOL

IA-- the ending is the best part. I won't ruin it either but there is an interactive suprise with the audience at the end and its pretty cool! If your kids are beatles fanatics then they will definately love it, the show has pretty much all their most popular songs and its really upbeat & fun.

Also, if your kids really like the shows and stuff the last time we were on

the Miracle they offered a stage production tour for free. Just look for it in the Capers. Some of the dancers and the stage techs had a q&a in the Phantom Lounge and then they took us backstage to see where all the sets are, where the dancers get ready, and all the costumes. It was something that we really enjoyed!

• 2 weeks later...

Have been on the Miracle twice and do not know if it is my favorite ship but had two excellent cruises on her.

Found it to be very well run with excellent and friendly crew.

Ticket to ride is an excellent show but after 3x would like to see something new already.

Going on the Freedom in a few months and suspect will get to see it for a fourth time.

I look forward to reading all the answers.

We are usually RCCL cruises but trying CCL Dream in August.

I so hope we enjoy our CCL cruise and don't compare too much.

I would love to sail more CCL ships since the prices are so much better than RCCL.

The Miracle sails out of NY and that would be wonderful for me!

The decor is very pretty, the staff is great and the spirit class is just the right size for many. It is eeasy to navigate the decks and hots lots of outdoor space, nooks and crannies.

We are going on her again next month and have an aft wrap. I cant wait!

Also The supper club is unique on this ship. On the Libery it is one level, nothing to write home about (food was fab though) On the Miracle it is 2 stories and under the funnel where they have see through sections and lights, It really sets a romantic mood

The supper club isn't really unique. It is exactly the same at David's on the Pride - it was two levels and underneath the funnel too.

I look forward to reading all the answers.

We are usually RCCL cruises but trying CCL Dream in August.

I so hope we enjoy our CCL cruise and don't compare too much.

I would love to sail more CCL ships since the prices are so much better than RCCL.

The Miracle sails out of NY and that would be wonderful for me!

We are diamond on RCCL and recently sailed CArnival Legend for the first time. The decor took about 2 days to get use to but then it wasn't as noticable. The food, CD, pools, cabins, bathrooms, etc. really surpassed the RCCL. I was shocked and pleased that the new Carnival was so wonderful!

Here's a picture of the view from our obstructed view 4F cabin with the french doors (4194) . . it was great. If you get a cabin that is located in between the lifeboats, you still have a great view with an inside cabin price. and yes, the french doors do open, but there is a railing in the doorway so you can't step out.

100_0940.jpg[/img]

We are diamond on RCCL and recently sailed CArnival Legend for the first time. The decor took about 2 days to get use to but then it wasn't as noticable. The food, CD, pools, cabins, bathrooms, etc. really surpassed the RCCL. I was shocked and pleased that the new Carnival was so wonderful!

Thank you very much. Your insight helps. I too think the decor will take a bit to get use to but we are pretty easy to please on vacation and hope there aren't any big differences. I do look forward to cruising on Oasis but the prices for a balcony and inside were absolutely crazy, even the Explorer, which we have sailed quite a few times both from FL and NJ was very expensive. Thank you for responding. I do appreciate your words.

• 1 month later...
Here's a picture of the view from our obstructed view 4F cabin with the french doors (4194) . . it was great. If you get a cabin that is located in between the lifeboats, you still have a great view with an inside cabin price. and yes, the french doors do open, but there is a railing in the doorway so you can't step out.

100_0940.jpg[/img]

We're looking at the possibility of booking a 4K on the Miracle. Is the bed situated whereas there's open standing room to look out the french doors?? Thanks for any info. :)

We're looking at the possibility of booking a 4K on the Miracle. Is the bed situated whereas there's open standing room to look out the french doors?? Thanks for any info. :)

Plenty of standing room at the doors. Also I used the bed to prop the door open at night.

Personally, I liked the decor of the Legend and Pride better. I had high expectations for the Miracle, and felt let down, after all the hype when she first launched.

And then there was that dining room at the time :eek:

198249262UaIZGE_ph.jpg

But that's just an opinion. (The dining room has since been toned down)

Sure am glad the DR has been toned down :eek: that's awful. I am looking at her in 2011 because of the itn. Wish I could go before that,:p but with the downturn in the economy, tha'ts just dreaming. Already booked for the Freedom in 2010.

:)

Luv's Crusin'

Well, I'm back from my 2nd Miracle cruise and I still love her. And I still don't like the decor. I'm guessing I'd like the decor of the other three more.

Grapes are still disturbing, as are the abundance of silver goblets.

2936673250102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

Ariadne room off Bacchus, level 2.

The alien silver pointy things in Frankie & Johnnie's are still a health hazard. :p

Still love the layout. I'd almost forgotten just how different this class is compared to all the variations of Large Floating Shoebox with Pointy Front ships.

After my first Miracle sailing, I had planned on booking Legend, but ended up going on Glory instead. Nice ship, but I still want to do a Western on Legend. Hope to sail Spirit before the end of the year. Wish I could drive up to B'more and hop on the Pride. And I'd really love to do Miracle's new itinerary!

Have posted my latest review which contains a link to photos. Not many of the ship, though, since this was my 2nd time and there are plenty of other ship photos out there to be found.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1107851&highlight=

Archived