Proof Oasis is NOT overpriced to counter COXSWAIN

Jods00

Why does anybody care what someone else thinks? I dont care if someone says Oasis is over priced, too crowded, will nickle and dime you, it doesn't fell like a cruise ship, you cant see the ocean, its a floating mall/theme park, will over crowd the ports.......Who cares? Its my vacation and if I want to go I will....If people blast it , I am not effected in any way. Why do some people feel the need to defend their right to go on this ship or to fight with people who disagree?

So glad you're not effected! I fell the same way as you do. I turely do.

If I were actually interested enough to pursue this topic, I'd list the amenities available on each ship, and I'd assign a point value to them (to rate pools, for example, an older ship with just a basic pool might rate only 3 points . . . the Disney ships with multiple nice pools and a water slide would garner 5 points . . . and Royal's Freedom class pools, with their fancy hot tubs, classy adult areas, and H2O zones would get 8 points). I'd then rate food, staterooms, entertainment, customer service, etc. in the same manner. THEN, with all that data, I could make a judgement on which ship has the best value for a dollar.

But that still wouldn't work.

I could give my own rating for each ship's food, embarkation process, itinerary, etc. . . . but that doesn't mean that my opinion is shared by everyone else. While I like the quiet adult pools on Royal, someone else may place a higher premium on water slides and may rate Carnival higher because they have more of them. So we'd still disagree on "value for the dollar".

I think we'd better just be glad that we don't all want the same rooms on the same ships. If we did, most of us would be disappointed!

In my mind, the ship is just the vessel that gets me from point A to point B. Therefore, I think the Oasis is overpriced. I compare itinerary, # of days at sea, and room price. In my opinion, the Oasis has a horrible itinerary, way too many people, and booking an interior room for 7 nights would be the same price or more than booking a balcony room for a B2B on the Serenade. I know the Serenade is older, but she has everything I want and need in a ship, and the itineraries cannot be beat!

I think you will have two groups of cruisers on here that will either think the Oasis is great, or think it is overpriced. Those who cruise for the ship will with think it is great. Those who cruise for the ports will think it is overpriced.

I don't agree that the ship gets me from point A to B but certainly agree with everything else. I have no interest in the gazillion bells and whistles that Oasis has to offer. So why pay EXTRA for something I will not take advantage of?

Starting a post to discredit someone is very immature. You could have posted your opinion on the original post.

Nope, this thread will stay at the top of the boards, while the other thread will hopefully head to obscurity. You cannot win with that other poster, who is always looking for confrontation.

Overpriced? :eek: Underpriced? :eek: I don't give a rip! :rolleyes: I'm sailing on her on Jan 16th and then again on October 23rd and plan on having a whale of a good time :D;)

I agree. I'm booked and I don't care what anyone else thinks. ;)

I think we'd better just be glad that we don't all want the same rooms on the same ships. If we did, most of us would be disappointed!

Good Post.Supply and demand.The fact that lots of folks want to pay to sail her is good for me.One as a stockholder and two. prices on other sailing should stay lower

:cj

I tried quoting, but kept getting error messages, so....this is to the person who wrote they didn't think Disney was upscale.

I cruised Disney when it was new, my first cruise. Since then I've cruised on 6 other lines and numerous ships. To date, the Disney Magic compares to QM2 in our book as far as elegance. It's a lot different than most people imagine it to be, it's first class all the way.

Agreed.If anything I believe the OP proved jj's point.If I can sail an upscale line like Disney for less than the Oasis its a no brainer to go with Disney.For those who want to sail Oasis more power to them

Disney is not upscale and is way overpriced. Compare to Enchantment since approximately same age, same size, etc. Castaway Cay is worth it to experience at least once, but does not justify the extravagent price increase.

Disney is not upscale and is way overpriced. Compare to Enchantment since approximately same age, same size, etc. Castaway Cay is worth it to experience at least once, but does not justify the extravagent price increase.

Then you are saying that RCCL is downscale.I disagree. RCCL is mainstream and while a good vacation it cannot compete with the service Disney offers

Not defending or opposing anyone else's opinions.

In the end, it's a point of personal preference. And when the newness is gone the true price points will be established according to supply and demand. What's there to argue about? Nothing IMHO.

Aubie

Agreed! Overpriced/underpriced really doesn't matter except of course to RCI's board, executives and shareholders who ultimately hold the bag for the debt on Oasis and the rest of the fleet.

I'm sure their proforma will show where they need to be and based on supply and demand they will act/price accordingly.

Oasis & Allure cheapest 2010 - 2011

Inside 729, Outside 879, Balcony 979, Suite 1,799

Freedom cheapest 2010 - 2011

Inside 637, Outside 807, Balcony 1,099, Suite 1,572

Mr. Spock says why tribble over a few quatloos.

"Moneys only paper if you don't spend it."

Verna Jarrett to Cody Jarrett & Vic Pardo in "White Heat"(1949)

I just got off the DISNEY WONDER on Sunday. It was my 79th cruise but first time ever on Disney. Like many, the kids and high prices kept me away all these years. As a lover of Disney and ships, I have always admired the MAGIC and WONDER. They look like ships should look like, and I figured they offered a lot of "Disney Detail".

I came away super impressed, and felt I got every penny worth of what I paid. It was almost like cruising for the first time again because Disney has their own way of doing things. I felt the ship was a class act, and so were most of the passengers. This is saying a lot considering it was only a 3-day cruise. There were three full scale production shows in only three days, and the shows were the best I have seen on any ship. My standard balcony cabin was very large, had two bathrooms, a large closest and tons of storage space (for a ship), and even a steamer trunk that opened to reveal more storage space. The flat panel TV had tons of channels and many that showed Disney Classic feature films. There was even a full scale cinema onboard (rare these days) that can show 4-D movies. A Christmas Carol was released onboard ship with a showing at 12:01am Friday, just like the release on land.

There were lots of Disney Details all over the ship, and the food and service were excellent. In fact our waiter and assistant waiter introduced themselves and actually called my partner and I by name the first night. I was impressed! That has never even happened even on Silversea. The "rotational" dining was wonderful and the fireworks at sea are not to be missed (along with the Pirates show out on deck). I loved seeing Disney characters everywhere and Castaway Cay, Disney's private island blows all the others away. Labadee was my favorite until now. They even announced your name as you walked on the ship during the initial embarkation (if you like that sort of thing). The 24/7 beverage bar was great too, all the free soda you could possible want. Soda is free in the dining rooms and buffet as well.

Anyway, a full review is in progress but lets just say that Disney Cruise Lines has made a believer out of me. I won't be sailing exclusively on Disney but at least now when I see those high prices, I will understand why. Also, we are two adult men with no kids. The adults areas on the ship were beautiful and well enforced. We saw kids, but it was not overwhelming like on some ships we have sailed. They were well cared for and had the best facilities at sea, so they were not that interested in hanging with the adults.

Ernie

Pictures Link:

http://gallery.mac.com/ekroller#100479

web.jpg?ver=12578801590001

I just got off the DISNEY WONDER on Sunday. It was my 79th cruise but first time ever on Disney. Like many, the kids and high prices kept me away all these years. As a lover of Disney and ships, I have always admired the MAGIC and WONDER. They look like ships should look like, and I figured they offered a lot of "Disney Detail".

I came away super impressed, and felt I got every penny worth of what I paid. It was almost like cruising for the first time again because Disney has their own way of doing things. I felt the ship was a class act, and so were most of the passengers. This is saying a lot considering it was only a 3-day cruise. There were three full scale production shows in only three days, and the shows were the best I have seen on any ship. My standard balcony cabin was very large, had two bathrooms, a large closest and tons of storage space (for a ship), and even a steamer trunk that opened to reveal more storage space. The flat panel TV had tons of channels and many that showed Disney Classic feature films. There was even a full scale cinema onboard (rare these days) that can show 4-D movies. A Christmas Carol was released onboard ship with a showing at 12:01am Friday, just like the release on land.

There were lots of Disney Details all over the ship, and the food and service were excellent. In fact our waiter and assistant waiter introduced themselves and actually called my partner and I by name the first night. I was impressed! That has never even happened even on Silversea. The "rotational" dining was wonderful and the fireworks at sea are not to be missed (along with the Pirates show out on deck). I loved seeing Disney characters everywhere and Castaway Cay, Disney's private island blows all the others away. Labadee was my favorite until now. They even announced your name as you walked on the ship during the initial embarkation (if you like that sort of thing). The 24/7 beverage bar was great too, all the free soda you could possible want. Soda is free in the dining rooms and buffet as well.

Anyway, a full review is in progress but lets just say that Disney Cruise Lines has made a believer out of me. I won't be sailing exclusively on Disney but at least now when I see those high prices, I will understand why. Also, we are two adult men with no kids. The adults areas on the ship were beautiful and well enforced. We saw kids, but it was not overwhelming like on some ships we have sailed. They were well cared for and had the best facilities at sea, so they were not that interested in hanging with the adults.

Ernie

Interesting thread on which to post this. I'm trying to find the connection, but I can't.

Has anyone looked at 3/4 passenger pricing? In march 2011 the privcing is 899.00 not inlcuding taxes and fees in the balcony category. The 1/2 passenger is only slightly more than what we paid on Liberty April 2009. Will it stop me hell no... I'll make my son pay his own way LOL

Interesting thread on which to post this. I'm trying to find the connection, but I can't.

Not trying to speak for Ernie but I think that it had to do with the subject of price. Disney as we all know is priced in the premium category. Ernie was just giving his experience on what many consider a premium priced product much like what RCI is doing with Oasis.

Archived