Is it possible to send a message to a passenger onboard?

impartfish

I need to get in contact with a friend who is a passenger right now onboard an RCI ship. She is not checking her work e-mail or checking messages on her home phone. I just need to leave her a simple message that she is waiting for, but I really don't want to spend $7.95 a minute to make a shore-to-ship call.

Is there an e-mail address for the ship that I can send a brief message to that would get to her?

Thanks for the help.

Try contacting Guest Services through Royal Caribbean and see if they can forward the message.

Two years ago, I needed to get a message to my parents who were on a Holland America cruise. I, too, did not want to spend exorbitant sums on a ship to shore, but really needed to reach them. A wonderful agent in HAL's Seattle offices took down my message and promised to send it out to the ship with directions to deliver to my parents.

Within an hour I had a response from my Dad via e-mail. He told me the Concierge found him in the lounge and personally delivered my message.

Wow - that's great service!! :)

Unfortunately, when I called RCI, they would not do that, even though it's important. :(

RCI will do it under certain circumstances, especially if there is a family medical emergency. When I worked there it would happen on ocasion and I would email the ship. Try playing "dumb" say you have been using the number they provide and you are unable to connect and you need to get a message to someone to call home its important. You will get someone who is kind enough that will do it.

If it is important and is a message she is expecting, why wouldn't you have prior arrangements on how you would contact her?

That's exactly what I am thinking. If she were 'waiting' for a message, then why isn't she checking her various means of communication?

How would I contact the ship's concierge? :confused: That's what is frustrating me - she isn't checking her work e-mail. I wish she would, as she knows it's the only e-mail I have for her. I think she thinks I can just call and leave a message on her cabin phone like it was a hotel or something. (She's a newbie.)

If she were 'waiting' for a message, then why isn't she checking her various means of communication?

Hmm, well perhaps she doesn't have an e-mail account or doesn't know she can use a web-based one like Yahoo or Hotmail?

However, if she was waiting for the message, I think the onus is on her to initiate contact.

EDITED to add: OP, I see we were posting at the same time. I don't know if the ship's concierge would deliver a message for someone who was not, um, privy to the ships's concierge services. Know what I mean? (she delicately asks!)

If she's on a shp with a concierge try emailing him/her and see if he/she will pass on a message for you.

I think that would only work is she was staying in a suite (above JS). I cannot see the Concierge tracking down folks who are staying in cabin that doesn't give one access to the Concierge Lounge.

OP -- Do you know her itinerary? Perhaps she is waiting until she is at a port that has an Internet Café.

###

Yes, I do know her itinerary and she's in a Cat. JS, but you're probably right about the Concierge not willing to track her down. Argh...what to do. I can't call her when they're in port and they are every day now until the last day before the end of the cruise.

Thanks so very much for trying to help everyone!

Yes, I do know her itinerary and she's in a Cat. JS, but you're probably right about the Concierge not willing to track her down. Argh...what to do. I can't call her when they're in port and they are every day now until the last day before the end of the cruise.

Thanks so very much for trying to help everyone!

If she will be in a port from now on she will probably check her email if she is expecting an important message.

###

How would I contact the ship's concierge? :confused: That's what is frustrating me - she isn't checking her work e-mail. I wish she would, as she knows it's the only e-mail I have for her. I think she thinks I can just call and leave a message on her cabin phone like it was a hotel or something. (She's a newbie.)

The phones have voicemail and you can leave a message on it. I have done it many times.

I know from previous experience that the BEST way to get a message to someone onboard is by emailing either the Loyalty Ambassador or the Concierge. They can easily track down a guest and have the message delivered, whether it be in person or to their stateroom.

How would I send an e-mail to the Loyalty Ambassador or Concierge? :confused:

I have never had to do this myself, but couldn't the message be sent to the Desk on board, then like a Hotel they will get an alert on their phone I think of a message. Now I wonder, if when boarding our pet if the Animal Hosp would have the same problem. I always give the Ship, Booking #, Cruise Line Phone # Room # in case they need to contact us about our Kitty during its boarding.

Update - I was able to get a message to be sent to the Guest Relations desk for them to forward to my friends on the ship. For some reason, RCI would not do this yesterday, but today, they will. :rolleyes: Go figure.:rolleyes: At least it's handled.

Thank you all very much for the help!

Glad you were able to get the message through. Do you have confirmation that it was received?

Seems like it would have been a lot easier to pay and call. :D

On an earlier cruise, my 24 daughter was slightly injured on a RCCL excursion, and felt she needed to call home...and her boyfriend. Two phone calls and $40 some odd dollars later, she went to the pursers desk and was successful in having the charges removed. :rolleyes::D

Archived