Will we make our flight?

NCSU

Hi all:

I was wondering if we would be able to make a 12:30pm flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. The ship is docking back in Miami, so we have to take the Royal Caribbean bus back to Ft. Lauderdale that morning.

Tx!

PB

I agree with the previous poster... cxl the RCI transfer, take a cab or even rent a car at the Port of Miami and drive back to FLL. You'll be fine on time. A tip if flying Southwest out of FLL... if you have bags to check, use the skycaps outside. It will cost a couple of bucks in tips, but save you a ton of time.

Hi all:

I was wondering if we would be able to make a 12:30pm flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. The ship is docking back in Miami, so we have to take the Royal Caribbean bus back to Ft. Lauderdale that morning.

Tx!

PB

We are in the same boat (no pun intended) as you.

We are using http://www.ridesas.com. He is picking us up for a noon flight out of FLL. Cost is $15pp.

He gave us his # and said to call when we are in the customs building.

Lots of good recomendations on here.

Bill

NCSU,

I had the same question. When I called RCL I was told that flights can be as early as 11:30 out of Miami and 12:00 out of FLL. You should make it, but always remember that not every ship clears customs quickly. One that I was on, we docked at 6:30am, but the passengers weren't allowed to get off until 10:00. Made for a LOT of nervous early fliers.

Does anyone know if a Taxi from FLL to cruise terminal (P.E.) would be cheaper than say something like http://www.ridesas.com... or any others you could suggest..Thanks... and sorry for hijacking this thread ...

Actually, thanks for hyjacking the thread. I am interested in the answer myself. We will be sailing Independence in February and flying into FLL.

we just took a taxi from the port to FLL and it was $16 something (I think - the meter said $14 something and I gave the driver $18 and asked if that was good, thinking I was giving him a $3 something tip and he said no, that's not good, and slammed his door as he got back in the cab, so all I could figure is that the fare was more than the meter said??? he never told me what it was, I just looked at the meter). There were two of us, and the ride took less than ten minutes.

we just took a taxi from the port to FLL and it was $16 something (I think - the meter said $14 something and I gave the driver $18 and asked if that was good, thinking I was giving him a $3 something tip and he said no, that's not good, and slammed his door as he got back in the cab, so all I could figure is that the fare was more than the meter said??? he never told me what it was, I just looked at the meter). There were two of us, and the ride took less than ten minutes.

Oh my coffeegirl! You must have had the same cab driver I did back in September. Same fare, same tip as you... give him my money... he opens the trunk and never gets out of the cab!!! :confused: That said, after retrieving my 4 bags I left the trunk open and walked into the airport. :D It's a shame when 20% tips aren't good enough?

Port Everglades or Miami to FLL? price seems to be a bit low from Miami.

Hi all:

Tx!

PB

You will totally be fine!! You will get there early I'm sure... I would just take a cab, probably cheaper than doing the others.

Port Everglades or Miami to FLL? price seems to be a bit low from Miami.

Me thinks coffeegirl was referring to PE to FLL and not POM to FLL.

Now if it was POM, I want that cab for $18 bucks!!! :D

FYI.... No humor intended.

That taxi ride was NOT from Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. Please do yourself a favor and contact SAS transportation. We did this in Sept. SAS met us at FLL airport after we called and took us to our Miami hotel. This cost $15 pp. A taxi ride is approximatly $75 each way! After the cruise, we again called SAS, they met us in about 15 minutes at POA, waited for some other customers, and had us at FLL airport by 9:30 AM. Again, cost was $15 each for this service. These guys are great, reliable and really knowledgable about the ports and airports.

Tx to all for the great tips. I cancelled the Royal Cari. bus transfer (at 120.00 for the two of us) and booked with SAS transport (at 60.00 for the two of us)...so that's a 50% savings and we get to take a later flight coming in to Ft. Lauderdale as they can pick up anytime! Woohoo!

We are in the same boat (no pun intended) as you.

We are using www.ridesas.com. He is picking us up for a noon flight out of FLL. Cost is $15pp.

He gave us his # and said to call when we are in the customs building.

Lots of good recomendations on here.

Bill

I believe we are on the same NOS cruise and flying back to Philly (via SW through Tampa). We are planning to use ridesas also, but haven't booked it yet. Good to know they can get you back to FLL in time for a noontime flight!

We just sailed on Liberty of the Seas. Had a 10 am flight out of Miami. We did the express walkoff and was at the airport by 7:15 a.m. So even though FLL is further, if you do the walkoff, you should have no problem for a 12 pm flight.

JT4428, we are on the Liberty next week and have a 11:20 flight out of FLL. Just wondering what time they started express departure and if there were many people doing it? I know it varies every week, but just wondering about your experience. Thanks.

Archived