MUTS reservations ??

jnc411

Hi, tried doing a search on the forum , but came up empty. Is it still necessary to make reservations for MUTS , we know when it was a "new thing" it was recommed to make reservations , but is it still necessary. Thanks for your help.

Cori

Hi, tried doing a search on the forum , but came up empty. Is it still necessary to make reservations for MUTS , we know when it was a "new thing" it was recommed to make reservations , but is it still necessary. Thanks for your help.
As Toto says, you don't need reservations any more. Every time I've been in the area with MUTS playing in the evening, very few were actually watching (one night I counted a total of seven people.) Don't know if that's typical but that's my observation.

I think is also depends on the itinerary as to how crowded it will be. Obviously, the weather plays a huge part. On our Eastern Caribbean cruise in April, MUTS was filled to capacity every night and others were standing. It was balmy and wonderful. I can see it being less crowded on a colder itinerary.

We sailed on the first ship that had MUTS. You originally had to call and make reservations and they would deliver the show passes to your room. After about a year of that, they discontinued the reservations and it was on a first come, first serve basis. Unless you want a particular chair, there is no need to get there very early. On our last three cruises, we found ample seating even after the movie started. However, the selection of seats was limited. Go about 15 minutes before the start of the movie and you normally should have no problem.

I like MUTS...nothing like lying in a lounge chair and watching a movie under the stars...I think it is one of the cruise lines best ideas.

MUTS- Movie Under the Stars, absolutely fantastic! The chill/cold in the air (Alaska), a warm blanket, the giant screen against the darken sky, popcorn and your love ones by your side. Ha, life doesn't get better that that on high seas.

It's MADD - Movies All Darn Day that drives me nuts:eek:

Nothing quite like watching a movie in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of California in gale force winds with 6 warm blankets, and a down jacket. I was still cold.

Husband commented that it was a concept that probably worked better in the Caribbean.

He just asked me what I was typing so intently, I said "commenting on MUTS in Alaska". He's cracking up.

Actually, it was fun, but cold. Wonder if they'll run it when we're in the Southern Ocean in February?

abby

Get there early. As with poolside seats during the day, the MUTS chairs go quick. Also, blankets will be gone if you arrive a little late. Many people take 2 or more blankets (usually more than two) which leaves none for the people who arrive later......

Bob

I guess it depends of the itinerary and weather. Some have stated that there were plenty of seats. I have been on three Caribbean itneraries and the MUTS has always been filled to capacity. We usually finish dinner (around the time the first seating ends), go back to the cabin to relax and change attire and then head doen to secure our seats. Have fun.

I think is also depends on the itinerary as to how crowded it will be. Obviously, the weather plays a huge part. On our Eastern Caribbean cruise in April, MUTS was filled to capacity every night and others were standing. It was balmy and wonderful. I can see it being less crowded on a colder itinerary.

I had the same experience as above. MUTS was crowded every night... we were on a Souther Caribbean Cruise in March. I love it...We went multiple times during the trip.

In the Caribbean and Greece Isles, we went to the show after early dinner and it was always packed so, yes, get there a bit early. We always found a lounger but the sight lines were sometimes less than ideal. The upper decks had great views other than you had to look through glass walls (panels below railings) that were dirty from salt spray. You might also want to take a towel along because some of the lounge chairs pads were often damp.

One night we thought we were going to have great seats and were asked to move because a section had been reserved for teenagers that night. We found another spot, so no big deal. Enjoy.

We have found MUTS to always be crowded for the first movie of the night. (in the Caribbean) You need to be 30 minutes early to get the best seats for the first show. When that show is over, many people leave and the second showing is usually less crowded.

If the blankets are gone, ask for a few beach towels as those are pretty large.

Watch the seats around the pool because if the ship is rocking, the pool water will spray those sitting close by!

The problem with going to the higher decks is that it is very breezy up there. We shivered up there watching Enchanted with our boys one time until we were all like popscicles :)

Thanks everyone, great information. We will be in the Eastern/Southern Caribbean, so the advice to get there early makes sense, Thanks , I know I always can count on CC to get the information I need. You guys are GREAT.

Cori

Archived