Segway Tour Robbed in Nassau

jeppler

This just popped up over on the DCL forums

http://www.tribune242.com/news/11202009_TOURISTSROBBED_news_pg1

I called NCL to ask about a Segway Tour we booked for February and they claimed they had not heard about this incident yet...

Wow. So sad and horrible. I hope they will get a handle on this situation before it wrecks their tourist industry.

I called NCL to ask about a Segway Tour we booked for February and they claimed they had not heard about this incident yet...

Of course they had not heard of it. During some other cruise somewhere today, somebody was pic-pocketed. On another one, they were robbed by a taxi. On another, some drunk tried to pick up a guys wife. On another...

Okay, not trying to say things are bad. Cruise are like the rest of society. Things do happen.

Gee - not sure what I am trying to say, other than folks should not focus on single events.

Gee - not sure what I am trying to say, other than folks should not focus on single events.
Exactly. Any time you step outside your own home, something bad could happen. In fact, even if you stay inside your own home, something bad could happen.

I hope that those who insist on taking their actual passports off the ship whenever they're in port remain content with that decision.

Personally I think this "single incident" is something that doesn't happen often. I'm glad to know about it and I'm pretty sure the cruiseline (NCL) knew about it too when the op called them. When something of this magnitude happens in their industry you can bet they are aware of it and contemplating on how to respond.

Personally I think this "single incident" is something that doesn't happen often. I'm glad to know about it and I'm pretty sure the cruiseline (NCL) knew about it too when the op called them. When something of this magnitude happens in their industry you can bet they are aware of it and contemplating on how to respond.

Yes, I'm sure many people at NCL were aware of the incident, but that doesn't mean that information had been disseminated to their customer service reps.

Of course they had not heard of it. During some other cruise somewhere today, somebody was pic-pocketed. On another one, they were robbed by a taxi. On another, some drunk tried to pick up a guys wife. On another...

Okay, not trying to say things are bad. Cruise are like the rest of society. Things do happen.

Yes, but many people spend more money booking excursions through the cruise lines because they are supposed to help ensure your safety. There were 18 people on cruise ship sponsored tours that were robbed, held at gun point, tied up, kicked, etc.

This is a bit beyond being robbed by a taxi driver, or being the victim of a pickpocket.

Disney has cancelled this particular excursion.

Archived