Live from the Ruby....

cruiserforlife

...in Barbados today,weather has been great and the ship is beautiful...for those who have booked her you will not be dissapointed.

We got picked for the Chef's Table on Monday so we're really looking forward to that.Another couple cruising with us did it last night and said it was fabulous!;)

PS: We have a GREAT CC group on board and our meet & greet was packed!

...in Barbados today,weather has been great and the ship is beautiful...for those who have booked her you will not be dissapointed.

We got picked for the Chef's Table on Monday so we're really looking forward to that.Another couple cruising with us did it last night and said it was fabulous!;)

Thanks for posting live!! Enjoy.

Is Head Waiter Godwin still onboard?

Thanks for posting live!! Enjoy.

Is Head Waiter Godwin still onboard?

Just got off the Ruby on Tuesday and Godwin is still aboard. He is leaving the Ruby soon. Will be back in a couple of months. He is THE BEST Head Waiter!!!!

Helen

Keep your reports coming!!! One of my co-workers is on the ship too so I will be anxious to hear her report when she gets back on Friday.

DH & I will be on her for the Dec. 17th - 3 Day Caribbean Sampler - so excited.:D Was she decorated for Thanksgiving & have they started doing the Christmas decorations yet????

Andrea

~~~~~~

Thanks for your reports! Please keep them coming as we will be boarding in 3 weeks. :) I second the question above asking for the dinner order (Captain's, Italian, etc.) if you can report it!

One last thing - you mentioned you only got 100 min - I think it's usually $100 for 10 days (or 250min). Has this changed?

Thanks for your reports! Please keep them coming as we will be boarding in 3 weeks. :) I second the question above asking for the dinner order (Captain's, Italian, etc.) if you can report it!

Here are the menus from the November 4th sailing. Please keep in mind, however, that if you are on the December 20th cruise, things may be changed due to the Christmas holiday. They usually have a special Christmas menu for either Christmas eve or Christmas day.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575564283GJrbCz

Thanks for taking the time to post your live from thread, hope you have a great cruise. Congrats also on being picked for the CT. We wern't one of the lucky ones picked duirng the Med - T/A on her. Too many people had a hook up with the former Matre De (sp) before he got off the ship.....

Bob

One last thing - you mentioned you only got 100 min - I think it's usually $100 for 10 days (or 250min). Has this changed?

IT's still 250 min for $100 but on the Ruby you get the bonus minutes if you sign up on the first day.

Yes,it is 100 minutes as part of the platinum/elite pkg,that is enough...don't want to be on the 'puter on vacation,lol.;)

the chef's table dinner was awesome,will describe when I get home.

we are in R710 and I must say...that is scary close to the food!:eek:

I can literally walk one flight up from my room (which is 10' from the stairs) and bam...you're in the fido...er,lido deck.waaay too close,lol.

will try to check in again before we jump ship.;)

Here are the menus from the November 4th sailing. Please keep in mind, however, that if you are on the December 20th cruise, things may be changed due to the Christmas holiday. They usually have a special Christmas menu for either Christmas eve or Christmas day.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575564283GJrbCz

Yes, I know - in fact, I even recognize the menu on there that we missed for Christmas dinner last year. I'm interested in the order for booking the specialty restaurants.

IT's still 250 min for $100 but on the Ruby you get the bonus minutes if you sign up on the first day.

Thanks for that info. Wasn't able to get the bonus minutes on my last cruise, so it will be nice to get them on Ruby. :)

Thanks for doing all this great reporting.

Can you let me know what the Scholarship at Sea topics are and perhaps the name of the person. Don't mean the Accupuncture, card game, computer, scraping topics, but perhaps enrihcment or destination related. . .

Thanks!

gotta talk fast,running out of time,lol.

last night's chef's dinner was a 10oz brazilian lobster,filet minon,rack of lamb & scallops...we were stuffed.

new year's eve party tonight,ship is starting to get decorated for xmas,trees are out all over.

beautiful weather,will chat more when I get home...;)

You can not get the extra minutes included package for the Captain's Club benefit.

You sure could if you signed up on the first day. :DI got an extra 50 minutes for myself & an extra 50 for my wife. I questioned the Internet guy the first day we boarded & he told me it was his decision to do so because he was to lazy to segerate those Elite passengers from the regular signups & it was his way of running things. Not all Princess ships do it the same way.

btw- tonight there's no lobster scheduled on the menu for the dr's & the since the food in the Cafe Carib has been so good it doesn't warrent getting dressed up. If it's anything like last cruise there might be crab legs & lobster claws at the buffet on the second formal night.

Archived