St. Thomas December 8th BEWARE

apk1389

According to the cruise tt website, the Serenade will be the only ship in St. Thomas when we are there next Sunday!

As a matter of fact the only time, we have another ship in our port is in Barbados with, Summit, Regatta, and Grand Princess.

It's going to be a nice cruise being the only ship in port!

Be advised. This thread is reporting that cruise tt isn’t current or accurate concerning some sailings.

Be advised. This thread is reporting that cruise tt isn’t current or accurate concerning some sailings.

If it is accurate then Voyager is the ONLY ship in port in Montego Bay 2/18/10. And the other 2 ports (GC and Cozumel) there are only 2 other ships each port. It really looks sad for Montego Bay. Very few ships the whole month of February!

According to the cruise tt website, the Serenade will be the only ship in St. Thomas when we are there next Sunday!

As a matter of fact the only time, we have another ship in our port is in Barbados with, Summit, Regatta, and Grand Princess.

It's going to be a nice cruise being the only ship in port!

It looks like the Sea Dream II will be joining you, according to vinow dot com...(click on 'Cruise Ship Schedules'):

Sunday 12/13/09

SeaDream II CB, St. Thomas

Serenade of the Seas WICO, St. Thomas

But she's only bringing about 110 passengers...;)

And I thought Cabo was bad with 3 ships in port with over 7,000 passengers!

That is just crazy, too many ships in port for one day.....the passenger count is unbelievable. The stores, roads, transportation and restaurants, will not be able to handle that capacity. :eek: :eek: :eek:

for all those in port this day. This is the buisest day in the history of cruising to this port. The norwegian pearl, carnival dream, carnival freedom, costa Atlantica, maasdam, Sea Princess, and the OASIS. will all be in port. putting the total number of passenger over 20,000+. The population of the island is around 35,000. The island will not be ready.

Along with the 7th and 9th. Total number of passengers coming through will be 50,000 to 60,000 people. Good luck getting anywhere though on the 8th.:(

Well Chicken Little.....I guess everything worked out fine... what does your crystal ball say next? I want to make sure I do the opposite.

The gloom and doom rumors that people keep spreading about Oasis are just unbelievable :rolleyes:....I haven't quite seen anything like it. I can tell you I heard PLENTY false rumors on the Dec 1st sailing and laughed them all away as none were true......things from the Royal Suite had no power for 4 days, Oasis was going to have to back into Port Everglades and dock portside since there was a problem (even though she is designed to always dock starboard), right down to since there were such MAJOR problems she would be stuck at dock for over 48hrs and wouldn't sail the inaugural Dec 5th sailing till Sun Dec 6th.....ALL FALSE!

its not my chicken ball it is what a newspaper said there are articles floating around it took a local three hours and 3 modes of transportation to get to port.. I think your post was uncalled for. Was only informing

You stated multiple times in this thread as fact the island was not ready, chaos, blah blah blah. Informing, you could have simply stated the number of ships in port on the given date. Instead you chose to dramatize the situation as a negative. People who paid thousands of dollars and are looking forward to their vacation don't need to hear from someone whose only intention is to take away from their excitement. Try sticking to the facts and not adding your end of days commentary, you will get a lot more credibility as a poster.

Oasis & the other big ones to come will kill all the ports they sail to for other ships--the others are big enough to make it crowded sometimes but these are just the worst thing-- Gr cayman & St Thomas have become progressivley worse as each big ship comes on line--one has to hope for a rare quiet day!!! and we have been bumped twice already by bigger ships from the preferred docking space--once in St Thomas & once in Cozumel!!

we are avoiding Oasis ports as much as we can & looking into Azamara & other smaller ships that go where the big ones can't...

guess the cruise lines may improve the activities on board on port days & hope to make money from those who stay on board...

We all knew this would happen when they started building ships with over 6,000 passengers.I can't even imagine going on a ship that size. By the time all the passengers get off it will be time to start back.I also do not understand why anyone would want a balcony facing a park, I can see grass at home.To each his own but for me it is no thank you.

informing to people to be prepared.. simply thats all with crew and all numbers were high.. I was even helping giving advice to watch out for the day.. the ferry was not full time from down town, but i mentioned you can go out of redhook thats all

Wow that sounds like alot of fun. could you imagine a port where you have to be tendered... I heard that with the Oasis they do not want anyone boating in the area when they come in for fear of waves... I can not imagine all those people at that one port. I guess you better book early or online for excursions. will be checking the posts for that date..:p

I hope to try the oasis at some time. I like local ports so I do not have to fly. but would like to try the Oasis once. we are looking into it for next year. A cruise is as much fun as you make out of it. I can have fun by myself in a chair in the middle of the desert. so adding a ship, food, music, dancing, and alittle wine. well can make any trip all the more exciting....It is as Royal Caribbean says. Getting out there....:D

Archived