St. Thomas December 8th BEWARE

apk1389

for all those in port this day. This is the buisest day in the history of cruising to this port. The norwegian pearl, carnival dream, carnival freedom, costa Atlantica, maasdam, Sea Princess, and the OASIS. will all be in port. putting the total number of passenger over 20,000+. The population of the island is around 35,000. The island will not be ready.

Along with the 7th and 9th. Total number of passengers coming through will be 50,000 to 60,000 people. Good luck getting anywhere though on the 8th.:(

for all those in port this day. This is the buisest day in the history of cruising to this port. The norwegian pearl, carnival dream, carnival freedom, costa Atlantica, maasdam, Sea Princess, and the OASIS. will all be in port. putting the total number of passenger over 20,000+. The population of the island is around 35,000. The island will not be ready.

Along with the 7th and 9th. Total number of passengers coming through will be 50,000 to 60,000 people. Good luck getting anywhere though on the 8th.:(

Am I to guess the 15th will be as bad? I'll be there on Oasis the 15th. Meant to check the cruise calendar website but couldn't remember the link.

Am I to guess the 15th will be as bad? I'll be there on Oasis the 15th. Meant to check the cruise calendar website but couldn't remember the link.

The 15th has (in addition to the Oasis), the Explorer, Liberty, NCL Pearl, and the Costa Atlantica. I like the vinow dot com site, click on (under Quick Links on the upper right) 'Cruise Ship Schedules'. Also has links for weather, etc.

the fifteenth will be bad but not as bad as it will only have around 15,000

well remember st. thomas can handle 6 average cruise ships.. it normally just uses havensight as the one docking port if it is a busy day like this they will use crown bay too to handle the ships but since the oasis is not a normal ship it wont be able to hold 6 ships maybe 5 so probably either 1 or 2 will tender

Good idea Patrick :p:D

###

Thank you.. :)

You and 2,000 other people trying to get away from the crowds.

I'd be surprised if that many go to St John. And if they do, I doubt they are all going to the beach I'm going to. Plus, I'm just going kayaking, and I know there won't be 2000 people in my kayak...:D

Better check on how! Last month we went to St. John from Red Hook but had initlially tried to go from Charlotte Amalie. The ferry from CA had been "stopped until furhter notice." No one knew if or when it would resume.

Thanks for the heads up. I have some moves.. :D

Dont have exact details still researching it looks like there is another small ship Sea Dream 1 which will be docked in St. John. Costa Atlantica and Oasis will will be in crown bay(oasis only location because of size) and the rest will be at havens sight

I use this site but info is not necessarily up to day. They don't show the Oasis at all. We'll be on Liberty of the Seas in Feb. and have been notified of an additonal port - Grand Cayman. After my last trip to GC - 7 ships in port :eek: - I wanted to see how many would be there this time. But, it doesn't even show that we'll be there - at least, not yet.

Interesting post. We will be in St. Thomas on Christmas Day. This post spurred me see if the Oasis was in port with us at any time on our upcoming cruise. We lucked out! Having the opportunity to see her would be a mixed blessing if many other ships are in port as well.

I use this site but info is not necessarily up to day. They don't show the Oasis at all. We'll be on Liberty of the Seas in Feb. and have been notified of an additonal port - Grand Cayman. After my last trip to GC - 7 ships in port :eek: - I wanted to see how many would be there this time. But, it doesn't even show that we'll be there - at least, not yet.

Bummer

Archived