Using the ship's laundry service .... prices & experiences

Hi there,

I'm hoping to get some information from past cruisers regarding the ship's laundry services.

We have a 10 day Radiance Mexican cruise coming up on Friday. I'd like to avoid taking a million suitcases, and my husband likes to overpack. I told him that he can give his dockers and short/long sleeve dress shirts to the ship for cleaning. He was concerned about the price.

Thanks to the nextcruise system, and cashing in RCCL credit card points, we have $600 to spend onboard during our 10 day voyage. I'd rather not spend all $600 on laundry, if I can help it.

Anyone know how much it is to clean a shirt and pants, mens pajamas and tshirts? I think if I remember correctly, if you want the item only pressed, the price is half that of normal cleaning.

Thanks in advance!

Pressing is 1/2 the dry-cleaning price....laundry is a different price altogether. If you're only doing a few pieces, it won't cost in the hundreds! But, I think laundry prices are high...just my opinion! We had them do 2 of hubby's shirts and a pair of shorts....they came back looking like new! However, a dress I sent was ruined.....wasn't supposed to be ironed, and they ironed it to death! Never could wear it again, but it was an older garment, and I didn't pursue it.

Hi there,

I'm hoping to get some information from past cruisers regarding the ship's laundry services.

We have a 10 day Radiance Mexican cruise coming up on Friday. I'd like to avoid taking a million suitcases, and my husband likes to overpack. I told him that he can give his dockers and short/long sleeve dress shirts to the ship for cleaning. He was concerned about the price.

Thanks to the nextcruise system, and cashing in RCCL credit card points, we have $600 to spend onboard during our 10 day voyage. I'd rather not spend all $600 on laundry, if I can help it.

Anyone know how much it is to clean a shirt and pants, mens pajamas and tshirts? I think if I remember correctly, if you want the item only pressed, the price is half that of normal cleaning.

Thanks in advance!

lol. On our Radiance cruise last month there was a 'Wash & Fold Laundry Special'. No dry cleaning included, but for small items to be washed and folded it was $25 per bag. This is handy particularly if workout or running clothes are piling up.

We were going to use the $25 bag special but it didn't include pants. Seems like it was small items like underwear, pj's, shirts, shorts. I did use the dry cleaning service for a sweater. It came back ok but they didn't spot treat the coffee stains on the sleeves and they were still there.

Kyriecat posted a link to the prices so I don't need to do that. We found the pricing to be reasonable and the service to be great. We have used the wash and pressing service and pressing only and have been happy with both. Another thing to consider is the cost of baggage on the airlines if you're flying to the port city. Most airlines are charging $20-$25/bag. You can do a whole lot of laundry for the money saved on the extra baggage.

Last year our laundry cost was around $100. We arrived in Rome 3 days prior to the cruise and spent an extra day after a 13 night cruise, so this was the amount it took to pack for one week plus formal dresses not laundered or dry cleaned. My husband rented a tux.

It would have been a little less, but we had to send the stuff from the $20 special bag back to have it pressed.

For a week long cruise, we usually spend around $20-30, we can each cut back on 2 outfits and DH doesn't have to pack 14 pair of underwear.

I have decided to stop sending things to get cleaned and pressed before a cruise and, instead send them to be cleaned and pressed once on board. I just sent some slacks to the cleaners here and paid $6.35 a pair [and I had to drop them off and pick them up]. On the ship it would be $4.50. I can do that kind of math. And I avoid the wrinkles inherent is packing them and them sitting around in a suitcase for a couple of days. Even if I want to pay the 50% premium for same day service, it's only $6.75 a pair, just a bit higher than home. For a longer cruise, I can send one pair for next day service and the rest for normal service and save a bundle [pun intended]

Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

Above poster gave you the link

and you are correct about half price for pressing

We just got off the ROS from Thanksgiving cruise

They had 2 days for wash and fold bags $25 each I think the 3rd and 7th day

I also sent my suits and shirts to be pressed 10 shirts 2 suits $27

on anything that is a tight fit I wouldnt send to the laundry as they will shrink a littlebring some Downey wrinkle release and hang suff in the shower for steam

Tell your husband that from my experience take half the pants he was going to wear and it should be enough I had 2 suits, 1 pair slacks and 2 pairs jeans/dockers was perfect amount

Enjoy wonderful cruise especially Zihaut(Ixtapa)

Just back from a 13 night TA on the Independence. Spent about $100.00 on laundry and pressing. Well worth it. No way to pack cotton dress shirts without them getting wrinkled.

Also, agrre with above poster: Usually wait to have items cleaned and pressed on board rather than doing beforehand.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

I'm on Rhapsody right now and I can verify what PCur said: The wash and fold special is $15, BUT you have to ask your stateroom attendant for the bag--they don't just leave it in your room like I'm used to on NCL. Or maybe it's just my attendant, I don't know. DP and I are sending out 10 pairs of undies, one pair of socks, 2 t-shirts, and 2 pairs of shorts for $15.

I'm sending off a pair of pants (khakis) for wash & fold today for $4.00. I can let you know how they come back.

--Michael

Archived