British airways

Bojangles

We have booked our flight with the river cruise co. we are traveling with. They have put us on British airways 777. I guess they get a block of seats when they do this, and you choose seats from that area. We do not have milage for this airline, so we can not move up to the next catagory. We are in coach. I am very claustrophobic so I picked two Isle seats. Is anyone familiar with this plane? I was wondering if this is a good idea on this plane. The set up is 3-3-3. Thank you to anyone familiar with this 777.

Two aisle seats across the aisle from each other (if that's what you're going for) will be about the same whatever aircraft you do it on. The person sitting in the aisle seat on the window side will be disturbed by those sitting in the window and middle seats whenever they want to get out. The person sitting in the aisle seat in the row in the middle of the aircraft may get lucky if there's a couple in the other two seats, as the person in the middle seat will usually disturb their partner/companion rather than the stranger.

Be aware there can be issues with the seats in the very back many widebodies, don't have direct experience on BA:

- The seats are narrower to accomodate the inward curvature of the fuselage (which is why they go from 3 outside seats to 2). The seat width can be as much as 1" narrower.

- The first row of 2 seats may have their seatback video misaligned with the 3 seatbacks in front. They have to be viewed at an awkward angle. Or, some airlines will have the video and table tray fold out of the armrests, which further narrows the seat itself.

- Often a lot of traffic in the aisle getting to the lavatories and galleys. Passengers and crew will bump the seats. Also the sound of flushing lavatories can be annoying in proximity.

Hope this helps; www.seatguru.com can provide further guidance.

"Flying Ryanair is like buying beer in a pub for 27p a pint. But:-

If you want a glass to put it in, that'll be £2 more.

If you want some head on it, it's another £2.

And if you didn't pre-order it online before you got to the pub, there's an extra charge of £3.50.

And you only get the cheapest beer that the pub could find when scraping Europe's barrels."

Globaliser, I like your new signature!

Archived