Report on Select Dining

Morris4me

We’re just off the Equinox 12/4 sailing. We had Select Dining and I’m happy to report that we had NO wait on any night for the main dining room. Twice we had reservations, but we also arrived at the dining room without reservations for the remainder of the cruise and never had to wait. We typically dined between 7:00 and 8:00 and also dined a few times at 6:30. No matter when we arrived, we were able to be seated immediately and, most times, at a table for two. The only exception was on the first evening when things seemed to be a little unorganized. We were warned about this earlier in the day, so we arrived at the dining room expecting to have a long wait. We chose to be seated with another couple and had a table within 5 minutes.

Guest maddycat

Thanks for posting your experience with Select dining. We're signed up for it on the Summit in April. Hopefully our experience will be as good as yours.

I'm sorry, I haven't cruised in a few years- what is select dining ?

It is Celebrity's version of open dining for dinnertime in the main

dining room.

They still offer traditional but now there is also another option

for those who want to eat at something other than the main or late

dining times.

One section of the dining room is saved for this option.

We did the Equinox on 11/23 and had pretty much the same experience.

The woman who did the seating was as nice as she could be. I am so glad that they added this option to the dining situation. I loved not going to dinner too early or too late. It was perfect.

dining room.

dining times.

Thanks, Lois- when we booked the cruise, we signed up for Main (early) seating. Is it possible to change to select seating now or should we wait & talk to the Maitre De on board?

Also, some of the people's comments sound like you have to make reservations?

I don't want to turn this into another tipping thread but how do you know the person you want to get the tip gets it if you leave the automatic tipping on- or do you get thye same waiter every night like in traditional seating

Thanks, Lois- when we booked the cruise, we signed up for Main (early) seating. Is it possible to change to select seating now or should we wait & talk to the Maitre De on board?

Also, some of the people's comments sound like you have to make reservations?

I don't want to turn this into another tipping thread but how do you know the person you want to get the tip gets it if you leave the automatic tipping on- or do you get thye same waiter every night like in traditional seating

If you booked your cruise thru Celebrity, you can change your dining choice online or you could call them direct. I would make the change prior to your boarding the ship if at all possible, because it seems very unorganized on the first evening. There were some irritated guests on that first night but everything was very smooth after that evening. We never saw anyone having to wait at any time, no matter how large their group was.

Because of the flexibility of Select Dining, you will not have the same table or the same waiter every night. Celebrity charges the gratuities in advance when you book Select Dining.

We had the same good experience with the Select Dining on the 12/4 trip. The woman who ran the front desk was very good. We never waited more than 5 minutes. We did make reservations for the first 2 nights only because on every ship all cruise lines the first couple of nights until they get into the groove is a little disorganized.

dining room.

dining times.

What section is reserved for anytime dining?? Upstairs or downstairs or both?

What section is reserved for anytime dining?? Upstairs or downstairs or both?

Hi:) when I was on Equinox it was starboard upstairs.

I don't know if that changes on each cruise. I was on the short 4

nighter.

We’re just off the Equinox 12/4 sailing. We had Select Dining and I’m happy to report that we had NO wait on any night for the main dining room. Twice we had reservations, but we also arrived at the dining room without reservations for the remainder of the cruise and never had to wait. We typically dined between 7:00 and 8:00 and also dined a few times at 6:30. No matter when we arrived, we were able to be seated immediately and, most times, at a table for two. The only exception was on the first evening when things seemed to be a little unorganized. We were warned about this earlier in the day, so we arrived at the dining room expecting to have a long wait. We chose to be seated with another couple and had a table within 5 minutes.

Thanks for the information. Our next cruise we want to return to Celebrity. Have been toying with the idea for several years about trying non traditional type dining.....

Bob

Archived