Shoes for navy velvet jeans?

Hoyaheel

I just bought these jeans and I love them, but I don't know what shoes to wear! (I got them for an extra 30% off from a coupon I had) I love the way they look - other than needing to be hemmed:rolleyes: -but won't keep them if I can't figure out what to wear with them. I rarely wear navy - only pair navy shoes I have is slingback pumps for business. I really don't like navy & black worn together - I guess I'm old-fashioned because to me it looks like you tried to color match and failed. Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe metallic, but I want daytime use (and potentially casual evening/weekend use) from the pants. Thanks!

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,1938H_AKA-Woman-Velvet-Jeans-Stretch-Cotton-Five-Pocket-For-Women.html

1938H%5F01.tif&tmp=FullSize&redirect=0

I just bought these jeans and I love them, but I don't know what shoes to wear! (I got them for an extra 30% off from a coupon I had) I love the way they look - other than needing to be hemmed:rolleyes: -but won't keep them if I can't figure out what to wear with them. I rarely wear navy - only pair navy shoes I have is slingback pumps for business. I really don't like navy & black worn together - I guess I'm old-fashioned because to me it looks like you tried to color match and failed. Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe metallic, but I want daytime use (and potentially casual evening/weekend use) from the pants. Thanks!

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,1938H_AKA-Woman-Velvet-Jeans-Stretch-Cotton-Five-Pocket-For-Women.html

1938H%5F01.tif&tmp=FullSize&redirect=0

You'll never be able to match the navy's so I'd go with chocolate brown pumps or boots and the same color turtleneck.

Ottawa - that's sort of what I was thinking - a co-worker of mine has some really cute moccasin/ballet flats in a muted silver she wears all the time with work pants and they look so cute on her.

I tried with some brown suede ballet flats I have and it was ok, but didn't wow me. At least I have *something* though. Guess that means I'll keep the pants;)

I love the pewter kidskin flats! They would look smashing with navy velvet! Gray and/or pewter: good recommendations!

I would also say most browns would look OK. Also I wear bronze high heel metallic cowboy boots with navy pants and they ....surprisingly work!

Inside the box: Navy and brown

Slightly outside the box: Pewter, gray, bronze, bone, silver/graphite, camel/caramel, spectator or two-tone pumps or flats, tapestry

Really outside the box: yellow, red, animal prints (snake, cheetah, zebra), floral prints or polka dots

Have fun! Would love to know what you choose!

Green, red, bright purple, luggage color brown boots, I could go on and on. I just also got a pair of navy velvet jeans, which I am wearing with a bright chartreuse boxy jacket and green python and kind ballet flats. I think whatever you can wear with denim, you can wear with navy. I would love to see then with bright red or a gorgeous royal purple!

--Judy (too many pairs of identical flats in different colors!)

Archived