Just off Ruby, hugely disappointed

bassetdaddy

My husband and I were on this cruise with two other couples. In addition there were about another dozen people that we knew on the cruise. Some were newbies others seasoned cruisers. Everyone had a great time. Everything was not perfect; but is it ever? Princess rarely has these "sampler" cruises on our coast so it was a treat for us.

We did this cruise on the 17th and really enjoyed it! We knew it was just a "shorty" cruise - but the decorations were beautiful and really put us in the holiday spirit. The food & service were very good, way above average we thought & the crew were friendly. Even though we did not get to go to Princess Cay, the staff added some great game shows in the afternoon & other things to help fill the day at sea. Being able to do a 3 day on Princess was a real plus for us and first time cruisers we spoke with had a great time too!;)

I can't believe someone would be "HUGELY DISAPOINTED' in a cruise because they didn't get a spoonful of sherert.

The Sorbet is to-die-for, but all you need to do is ask for it and they are happy to bring you as much as you want.

We were also dissappointed with this cruise. If it was our first, we may have never gone back. We had made reservations at Sabatini's once on board. The gentleman that took the reservations even asked if it was a special occassion, which it was. We told him that it was our anniversary and asked for a table by the window. When we got there the next night, at first he said that he had no reservation for us. After asking a few questions, he amazingly found us a table. Yes, dinner was delicious, but the evening didn't start out well. Once we came home, not only was the full charge on our statement, but also a 'hold' that has still not come off--and we have been home 3 days.

Once we came home, not only was the full charge on our statement, but also a 'hold' that has still not come off--and we have been home 3 days.

That has nothing to do with Princess.

Princess put a DAILY hold on your CC. Then Princess put the final total as a BILL instead of an Authorization (Hold).

Some credit card issuers when the BILL does not match with the Hold, the Hold would remain there for X number of days - in the case of Citicard, the Hold can stay for 20 to 30 days I kid you not. Some issuers such as Chase, the unmatched Hold would drop off in 5 to 7 days, same as Bank of America.

I have seen our Citicard had the Holds dropped off day by day after a 16 days Transatlantic on Emerald. As time went by, each daily Hold that passed the 30 day mark, would drop off. I could tell this by the small daily increments on the Available Credit on my card. Each daily hold that dropped off would increase the amount of Available Credit.

Understandably, this can create some issues for people whose cards dont have high credit limit. Unfortunately, this is the way how card issuers handle the Hold - it would automatically drop off when no exact BILL to match it - it is a matter of time. While the merchants can contact the issuer to drop off the Hold - but this has to be done MANUALLY, on a request basis. It aint going to happen with a cruise ship with 3000 passengers.

• 2 weeks later...

You all don't have an idea how hard to work on cruise ship ,you all can only see a picture a cruise company want you to see you don't have any idea of what goes on behind the doors with sign on it CREW ONLY

feel free to ask I sign off recently I hate to work on cruise ship I ready to tell everything about live on board (how managment treat crewmembers,what they talk about passanger , hoiw they want us to deal with you ) i got some picture very interesting

Just a PS: since it is now past the time-window to edit my above post...

About the Fettucini Alfredo - I, too, was so sorely disappointed with what they served me... Just before we got ready to leave for this cruise, I had the most incredible Fettucini Alfredo at a restaurant.... When I saw what they put in front of me on this cruise, I thought to myself, Kraft from a box... and I told my husband that I couldn't wait to get back home for some good Alfedo and some edible food.

I just find that to be sad....

My wife just love the fettucini alfredo on Princess ships,we were on the 12/4 10-day Ruby sailing and she sampled it each night...only once did she find it less than fantastic and I would have to agree...I tried hers almost every night and had no complaints...Princess does pasta and pizza right!

To compare it to Kraft macaroni in the box is absurd.

Archived