Stay on till 4pm Departure Day

GEORGET

Just off the Brilliance and for an extra $35 each you can stay on the ship till 4pm.

Children 3 to 12 are charged $17.50

Bookings are taken two days before departure and are limited.

You still have to leave your cabin by 9am and your seapass has to be paid up.

After that time they will except your Credit Card for payment of onboard expenses.

You cannot leave the ship and return later though.

They were also arranging late transfer to the airport.

This is new to me and wonder if other RCCL ships are offering this?

Just off the Brilliance and for an extra $35 each you can stay on the ship till 4pm.

Children 3 to 12 are charged $17.50

You still have to leave your cabin by 9am and your seapass has to be paid up.

After that time they will except your Credit Card for payment of onboard expenses.

You cannot leave the ship and return later though.

They were also arranging late transfer to the airport.

This is new to me and wonder if other RCCL ships are offering this?

That's great. They are certainly not offering that yet on Oasis. I had to spend 5 hrs in the aiport. With a 1 y.o. Ugggg

Very interesting! I've been on a couple of cruises where I would have taken advantage of that.

Question though...if you have to be out of your cabin by 9 am, what did you do with your carry on bags? Lug them around, or will they hold them somewhere?

For us, when the cruise is over, let's go home. I would be concerned that my luggage left in the terminal after everyone else is gone might get mixed up and put back on the ship? Or do they give the stayers special luggage tags? Would the customs agents still be there later?

For us, when the cruise is over, let's go home. I would be concerned that my luggage left in the terminal after everyone else is gone might get mixed up and put back on the ship? Or do they give the stayers special luggage tags? Would the customs agents still be there later?

Hi

It stated on the flyer that you would recieve special luggage tags and information pack.

There should be no problem as it is kept seperate and you inform RCCL what time you are leaving the ship when you sign up.

I think it is a good idea and alternative to the tours and transfer they presently offer.

I hope it goes fleet wide as waiting at an expensive airport for a late flight is no joke.

g

What's open on the ship? If all you've got is a bar, it's not necessarily much better than hanging out at the airport.............
The WJ should open around noon, and you have loungers to lay on. I'd call that quite a bit better than hanging out at the airport.

Not sure how well this new idea is going to go over with the new passengers just embarking.

How will they know if the passenger(s) are embarking or disembarking? It's not like everybody from the previous cruise will be allowed to take this offer and stay until 4. It's a small precentage that will be allowed to stay on. It will have no negative effect on the new passengers.

I spend $35 at the airport on snacks and junk - would rather be on the ship still - sounds great!:)

Careful, $35.00 each! family of 5 not cheap, you could probably pay that much or less for admission to the VIP lounge at airport.

How will they know if the passenger(s) are embarking or disembarking? It's not like everybody from the previous cruise will be allowed to take this offer and stay until 4. It's a small precentage that will be allowed to stay on. It will have no negative effect on the new passengers.

I would think it might have a negative impact on new passengers milling around looking for a seat in the Windjammer if there are "old" passengers taking up table real estate..... I have seen it get really crowded about 1-2pm without any old passengers still on-board.

I would think it might have a negative impact on new passengers milling around looking for a seat in the Windjammer if there are "old" passengers taking up table real estate..... I have seen it get really crowded about 1-2pm without any old passengers still on-board.

that's assuming that THE ONLY reason they paid $35 to stay late is to hang around WJ. If it was me, I would get my lunch ASAP, before majority of the new passengers even get on board and then hang out at the pool.

To answer the previous poster. Your luggage will be held for you. Once you are ready to leave, you can retrieve your personal bag, and use showers at one of the public places (perhaps the Spa).

Anytime I had late departure schedule and I wanted to stick around the hotel but had to vacate the room around noon, that's the way it worked. The hotel kept my luggage, I was allowed to use the facilities and then use their gym showers to get ready for my flight. I assume that's the way it will work here.

btw, this is not meant for everybody but you have to realize that some passengers have no choice. Some have to fly to remote places and the ONLY non-stop flight leaves at 6pm or others used miles for free tickets and the only available award flight was at 8 pm and so on... This offer makes both sides happy, the cruise line makes few more bucks and the passenger doesn't have to sit around the airport all day or make other arrangments, yet still enjoy the day.

I agree, while this is not for everyone, it is a nice option.

This last cruise the only decent flight we could get home was at 6PM. We ended up paying $40 pp to go to a hotel with friends who were spending the night. Did not have use of a room. Just hung out at the pool and pool bar. Ate a OK lunch at the pool bar which with drinks cost us $80.

Would have worked great for us to just lounge at the pool of the ship and eat for free in the windjammer and shower in the spa and head for the airport at 3 or 4

A couple of years ago the Hotel in the Miami Airport in concourse D has a wonderful restuarant high above the airport, wasn't too expensive but not airport junk (7th floor) then if you take the elevator from 7 to 8, you have a pool, exercise room and a snack shop. The cost is $5 pp and you have large lockers. We used to do this every weekend, when I worked for the airlines and had a charter flight leaving at 7:00 a.m. and didn't have another one until 11:30. Check out the Hotel Miami a/k/a Hotel Mia, better than the $35 on the ship.

A couple of years ago the Hotel in the Miami Airport in concourse D has a wonderful restuarant high above the airport, wasn't too expensive but not airport junk (7th floor) then if you take the elevator from 7 to 8, you have a pool, exercise room and a snack shop. The cost is $5 pp and you have large lockers. We used to do this every weekend, when I worked for the airlines and had a charter flight leaving at 7:00 a.m. and didn't have another one until 11:30. Check out the Hotel Miami a/k/a Hotel Mia, better than the $35 on the ship.

That maybe be a better deal if the cruise ended in Miami, but what about other ports?

if they are still kicking you out of your cabin, then whats the point? That is too much money..

Let's see....rather than sit in an airport, you can stay onboard and:

-eat lunch in the Windjammer

-lounge by the pool with a frozen drink :)

-soak in the hottub

-work out in the fitness center

-climb the rock wall

-play mini golf

-use up internet minutes

-try the Flowrider (if you're ship has that feature)

-get a massage or other spa treatment

-probably a few more things I'm forgetting

I can easily see where someone might decide it's worth the $35pp

-soak in the hottub

-climb the rock wall

-play mini golf

-use up internet minutes

I'm all for this new offering by RCCL, so please don't misunderstand my post here but we have to be fair and compare the REAL offering for the $35 and I doubt very much it includes a frozen drink (unless you pay for it) and spa treatment/massage is also out, unless, once again, you pay extra... :) ((just saying)

-soak in the hottub

-climb the rock wall

-play mini golf

-use up internet minutes

The Explorer in March in New York would not be a viable option, weather too bad to use the pool or sunbathe. Using the Massage facilities would incur an extra charge, so really all you would gain would be a meal in the windjammer or a workout in the gym. Is this worth the extra?. Somehow dont think so.

Archived