how late can you book?

What is the latest you have ever booked or can book?

I am thinking about a cruise that is in about 6 weeks. But, I don't want to reserve it until pretty much last minute if I decide to go.

All my other cruises have been at least a few months in advanced.

It will be out of Los Angeles so I don't have to worry about traveling to the port it is only about 45 minutes away.

So can you book within a week? are there discounts for last minute or is it more expensive? It is cheap now I just don't know if I want to go or not.

I am thinking about a cruise that is in about 6 weeks. But, I don't want to reserve it until pretty much last minute if I decide to go.

It will be out of Los Angeles so I don't have to worry about traveling to the port it is only about 45 minutes away.

So can you book within a week? are there discounts for last minute or is it more expensive? It is cheap now I just don't know if I want to go or not.

You can book as early or as late as you want but, the later you book, the more limited your choice of cabins. I'd book now and monitor prices in case they dropped. RCI will give you an on board credit. I assume you are planning to sail on the Mariner. Prices for the end of January start at 512 right now and start at 412 in February. I'd book February 7th now. If you're over 55, you can get a discount.

Whatever the going rate is when you decide to book is what it will be... you may be eligible for discounts i.e. sr. fares, resident discounts, C & A membership status, etc.....any possible discounts will be based on what the cruiseline is offering at the time you check rates.

It will be the Mariner. I am a teacher and my school has "ski week/ Presidents week" Feb 14th so that is the date I'm looking at.

I'm not too picky on cabin as long as it isn't in the front front I'm fine.

I'm Platinum member but will probably go cheap this time and get an inside.

I'm hoping for a CA discount last minute. I was just wondering if there was like a deadline like 3 days ahead or something.

The latest you can book is about a week out. The cruise line needs to send passenger manifests to TSA (or so I understand).

Actually they go to the Department of Homeland Security, not TSA. And those documents are due to HLS within 90 minutes of sailing.

You can book up to 24 hours out, from what i have heard.

You can book up until 3:00 P.M. EST the day before the cruise. If there are rooms available, they will book you. The price could be crazy high or crazy low or anywhere in between. The rooms might or might not be viewable on their website. Calling will let you know if rooms are available. If you want to go, don't give up until the ship leaves.:D

You can still book a B2 Balcony on the Oasis sailing tomorrow.

I've just booked seven days prior. I'm told we snagged the last cabin. That being said, mom and I were fine for an inside cabin-had to pay for a window. All and all not a bad deal, $50 more pp if that more than we first thought. Plus we had a choice of cabin 2526, 2526 or... 2526.

We obviously just decided this last minute, but you should watch your sales and check back at least once a week to peek at availability.

You can book up until 3:00 P.M. EST the day before the cruise. If there are rooms available, they will book you. The price could be crazy high or crazy low or anywhere in between. The rooms might or might not be viewable on their website. Calling will let you know if rooms are available. If you want to go, don't give up until the ship leaves.:D

You can still book a B2 Balcony on the Oasis sailing tomorrow.

24 hours out based on availability....

RCI will not let you book 24 hours prior. The sailing is closed 72 hours prior to sailing and no bookings so no bookings can be made within 72 hours of sailing. I know this from experience. I tried to book the next sailing on a ship just a little over 24 hours and it was not possible. The LA on board did everything to try to get me on the next sailing but it was impossible as the sailing was closed even though there were open cabins. The LA called Miami several times to try to get them to budge on this as I was already on the ship but Miami stood firm and would not allow the booking. They stated that no booking can be added within 72 hours of sailing due to the manifest requirements.

However I did get off the Radiance and called Carnival to see if they had any ships leaving that day that I could get on. They allowed me to book the Carnival Valor only 6 hours prior to sailing and added my name manually to the manifest. However it did create problems at the first port of call as security had a copy of the original manifest submitted and our names weren't on it but this was quickly solved and an updated manifest was circulated to security.:)

So.......Carnival YES even same day of sailing......BUT.....RCI must be booked 72 hours prior.

RCI will not let you book 24 hours prior. The sailing is closed 72 hours prior to sailing and no bookings so no bookings can be made within 72 hours of sailing. I know this from experience. I tried to book the next sailing on a ship just a little over 24 hours and it was not possible. The LA on board did everything to try to get me on the next sailing but it was impossible as the sailing was closed even though there were open cabins. The LA called Miami several times to try to get them to budge on this as I was already on the ship but Miami stood firm and would not allow the booking. They stated that no booking can be added within 72 hours of sailing due to the manifest requirements.

However I did get off the Radiance and called Carnival to see if they had any ships leaving that day that I could get on. They allowed me to book the Carnival Valor only 6 hours prior to sailing and added my name manually to the manifest. However it did create problems at the first port of call as security had a copy of the original manifest submitted and our names weren't on it but this was quickly solved and an updated manifest was circulated to security.:)

So.......Carnival YES even same day of sailing......BUT.....RCI must be booked 72 hours prior.

Gee----I just booked someone on Dec. 26 to sail on Dec. 27 on an RCL ship. hmmmm

Gee----I just booked someone on Dec. 26 to sail on Dec. 27 on an RCL ship. hmmmm

Not my experience at all.......but then again.....who knows if this is true as you tend to say the opposite of me regardless of the topic. However if so then good for them for getting around the rules as that is was not the norm for RCI. Of course some of the ships still have a fair bit of inventory available so RCI may be more desperate to fill ships at this time. I've sailed with RCI for over 30 years and have seen them say one thing and then do another many times over the years so nothing would surprise me. Of course I wouldn't trust your word on this as it's not reliable.

To the OP--probably best to call RCI to see what their CURRENT guidelines are regarding days prior to sailing so you won't be disappointed.

From talking with the Loyalty Ambassador on our last cruise I think there may be two things going on here. We tried to get a last minute cruise over Christmas because we had heard there were people that were unable to make the cruise because of bad weather (the snowstorm in the northeast 2 weeks ago). The Loyalty Ambassador on Grandeur said her bookings had to be made at least 48 hours prior to sailing but if something was available it could be booked online or over the phone. She found one on the royal caribbean website and not through her normal computer probram and we hesitated. During the two minutes we hesitated someone else grabbed the room. This was at 4 pm for a sailing the next day.

It will be the Mariner. I am a teacher and my school has "ski week/ Presidents week" Feb 14th so that is the date I'm looking at.

I'm not too picky on cabin as long as it isn't in the front front I'm fine.

I'm Platinum member but will probably go cheap this time and get an inside.

I'm hoping for a CA discount last minute. I was just wondering if there was like a deadline like 3 days ahead or something.

I am just addressing your very specific situation.

Since the ship sails out of California, and you have a week's school vacation then, I would assume that so do tens of thousands of other people.

Not the best situation for finding a last-minute bargain.

Archived