How do you attach your luggage tags?

Smoke_1

Even though this is a six year old thread, it bears repeating, the easiest way to do this is drop your bags off with the porter and tell him your cabin#. Also tell them if you need a sticker (FTTF/Plat/Dia).

No need to: print anything out or buy stuff from Amazon, no zip ties, no staplers, no laminate, no tape. Just drop the luggage off.

Then again, many people here seem to enjoy craft projects.

Even though this is a six year old thread, it bears repeating, the easiest way to do this is drop your bags off with the porter and tell him your cabin#. Also tell them if you need a sticker (FTTF/Plat/Dia).

No need to: print anything out or buy stuff from Amazon, no zip ties, no staplers, no laminate, no tape. Just drop the luggage off.

Then again, many people here seem to enjoy craft projects.

Agreed. Just let the porter do it. I put my pre printed MSC tags on and when we got to check in they took them off and put there own on anyway.

Let them do it, it's easy. No need to do all this other stuff.

One thing less to do in my opinion.

I've been using these for years. They're made of thick PVC with strong braided steel loops for attaching. They never tear off. If you have time you can find them on Ebay for a couple of dollars each.

This is what we use as well. LOVE THEM!!! Saves all the hassle of taping the tags

*** A little hint...print extra luggage tags and stick inside your suitcase. If the luggage tag gets ripped off they can open your luggage and see where it was supposed to go****

Happy sailing!!

Hi Everybody,

I went to e-bay and bought plastic luggage tag holders. I fold the printed tags and put the paper tags in the plastic holder. Easy-Peasey!. I attach the plastic holders to my luggage on the way to the port. Plastic holders are re-usable.

Like those above

Edited by cruser3

I take the tags to an office supply place and get them laminated. I poke a hole in that and use a zip tie. I do all this so I don't worry so much about the bags getting lost.

Hi all,

Down to days :D. I've read several threads about luggage tags and I'm still a bit confused :rolleyes:. After I've printed them, followed the fancy folding instructions and "laminated" them with tape, then what? Do you staple them around the handles? If so, do you carry your own stapler? Do I need to carry a hand full of zip-ties, and if so, how do you punch holes?

Thanks in advance,

John

I purchased clear luggage tag holders from cruise critic. Fold and insert when you leave for the port.

What I've done is attached a small, kevlar box to all of our luggage we take when cruising. The box is the approximate size of the luggage tag when folded. The box has a windowed door with duals locks, only accessed by mine or my wife's finger print. I'm hoping to upgrade this to include a retinal scan, but those devices are still to pricey.

I then fold the luggage tag per the tag instructions, and quadruple laminate it with a special laminate developed by NASA initially for the lunar landing missions, insert it with special spring loaded clips that hold it securely in the box, and then seal the box with a proprietary clear heat activated shield, before locking it and activating the finger print locks. For 71 cruises this has worked for us flawlessly.

Sounds like your fictional luggage tag becomes more valuable than the luggage and whatever you have in it, LOL. Love your sense of humor.