Cozumel Legal System

Mr. Y

I know this is an off the wall question, but I want to cover every potential situation that can happen while my hosses and I go on our cruise.

If God forbid one of my hosses gets arrested during our short stay in Cozumel, does anyone know the right way of handling this potential dilemma? Should I contact Carnival officials right away or do I go another route?

Thanks, Gang.

I know this is an off the wall question, but I want to cover every potential situation that can happen while my hosses and I go on our cruise.

If God forbid one of my hosses gets arrested during our short stay in Cozumel, does anyone know the right way of handling this potential dilemma? Should I contact Carnival officials right away or do I go another route?

Thanks, Gang.

I'm not sure many people plan for this, my advice would be to not get arrested. The most important thing would be to carry a passport since you'll probably miss the ship and have to make your own way home.

Thanks, Gang.

Uh, I don't think Carnival can get you out of a jam with the law in coz...my suggestion, don't get arrested...:eek:

Someone on my Sept 08 cruise rented a car and while they were filling up someone bumped them from the back (probably a set up). Its a crime to be in a car accident in Cozumel so they hauled him to the jail. Unless the wife paid $800 in cash, he couldnt get out of jail.

Purser's desk wasnt very helpfull. She finally raised the money and the only reason he made the cruise was the ship wound up staying overnight in Cozumel.

From that thread the police were rather corrupt and it turned into nightmare for that family. The cruise ship did not help them at all.

I do not know why you asked that question but breaking a Mexican law is not a smart thing to do.

Taught me never to rent a care in Cozumel.

Mr Y.

I have been reading many, if not all of your posts and questions. I

am hoping you and your hosses have a really great time on your cruise.

You already have been warned about the Mexican "Legal" system ...so be very careful.

You know that the life jackets are not allowed in the pool ...so be careful

remember if you run into trouble in the pool. Stand UP and you should be ok.

I don't know if you have asked or not, about getting sick on the ship.

I would try not to cough, sneeze, sniffle or poot

(I don't know if we can say the f..t word)

near any crew..especially the ship's Doc and his hosses.

From all I have heard and read, you don't want to do this.

They might think you have something and quarantine you to your cabin ...so be careful

and have a Great Cruise!!;)

I am not sure this has been made clear but in Mexico you are considered GUILTY until proven INNOCENT . This is how the Napoleanic Code works. You stay IN jail until there is some sort of trial or you pay your way out.

Do NOT get arrested!!!!

Thanks, Gang.

You list Texas as home. You already know what happens if you're jailed south of the border.

Mexican LEGAL system. An oxymoron if ever there was one. My brother lived in MEX for several years, can can tell some astounding stories of being stopped by the police for NO REASON and then needing to pay them off in order to avoid arrest.

Can I ask, what exactly do you plan on doing in Cozumel that would cause you to even *consider* the possibility that someone in your group may be arrested?

CeleBrat

Archived