Question about Future Cruise Credit.

jmss1950

Yup...$100 per person

Under the "new" rules, there would only be OBC per future cruise credit actually used. If you only purchased one FCC and the second person's deposit is made with $100 cash or credit card, then only one person gets the OBC. If you purchased 2 FCCs and used both as your cruise deposit for the cruise you each would get the OBC.

Can you get a letter of intention of booking that can guarantee future cruise credit for a couple of years?

That is how UK FCC's used to work and you could book 2 people on one FCC with both getting the OBC.

Previous posts have said that this system still operates for UK cruisers.

That is how UK FCC's used to work and you could book 2 people on one FCC with both getting the OBC.

Previous posts have said that this system still operates for UK cruisers.

Not supposed to work that way anymore for US bookings... Not sure for other countries/nationalities

Can you get a letter of intention of booking that can guarantee future cruise credit for a couple of years?

Yes, you can either book the actual cruise onboard or a credit will be put in your Captain's Circle account to book another cruise within 4(?) years through your travel agent or directly with Princess...

My dh and I just used our 2 FCC from 3 years ago to book two rooms. We are taking the kids this time. They initially only credited us with 25$ credit in the inside cabin and 50$ in the balcony. I called them up and explained to them that I had bought thees prior to the new OBC changes and asked for the credit for the second passenger. After several minutes on hold the rep came back and gave me the credit. It was only 75 dollars but it is in my pocket and not theirs. Worth asking for it if you have had the credits for a while.

you should get a letter in your cabin at the end of the cruise which states the credit is good for four years or will be refunded if not used.

we were given double credit for one deposit for our cruise in Dec, but we just booked a cruise and they refused to give us the second credit even though their letter clearly states you will get a credit for up to two people in your cabin.

but we just booked a cruise and they refused to give us the second credit even though their letter clearly states you will get a credit for up to two people in your cabin.

Actually the wording is that the offer is good for the first two people in the cabin which means (according to Princess) up to two people can each submit an FCC to take advantage of the offer.

we were given double credit for one deposit for our cruise in Dec, but we just booked a cruise and they refused to give us the second credit even though their letter clearly states you will get a credit for up to two people in your cabin.

If you purchased the FCC's before the rules changed last September, have your TA go to bat for you to reinstate that second credit. If it was purchased before the change, then they have been honoring the credit for both passengers even when using one FCC plus the $100 deposit for the second.

If you purchased this FCC in December on your last cruise, they won't honor the second credit as it was bought after they changed the rules, no matter if it has the old wording on it or not. The wording is tricky and can be read either way when it comes to the actual shipboard credit given.

I have an FCC that expires 4/12 Yes I know it is over 2 years away, but our plan is another line next year for Panama Canal and then Alaska in June/July 2012 with Princess.

My question is this - do I have to "use" it by April, 2012 or can I use it for a booking that would be after 4/2012?

Thanks in advance:)

I have an FCC that expires 4/12 Yes I know it is over 2 years away, but our plan is another line next year for Panama Canal and then Alaska in June/July 2012 with Princess.

My question is this - do I have to "use" it by April, 2012 or can I use it for a booking that would be after 4/2012?

Thanks in advance:)

I just pulled out one of my recent FCC receipts and this is exactly what it says:

If you do not use your future cruise deposit in the allocated four years, it will automatically be refunded back in the form it was purchased.

LOL now that is clear as mud isn't it? But as long as you applied it to a booking before the four year mark, then it would be used. So, from what is says, as long as you have used it in that timeframe, it is good. ;)

No if you sign into your princess account, it says you must sail by such and such date.......Not book a cruise by such and such. My FCC expries next year in March Therefore, we will be using it "before" the expiration date. I would check just to be sure if I were you.

Dgonza, I stand corrected. You have it right. I just checked my FCC's on Princess and it does say 'sail by date'. My apology for giving incorrect information, I was going by the FCC receipt, which indeed was a big mistake.

My FCC's never get cold, so they are always used within a year or two.

Archived