Lunch

Belease

Hi everyone! I'm going on honeymoon with Princess to the Caribbean in August. We're stopping at Ft Lauderdale (2), Princess Cays (2), St Maarten, St Thomas, Grand Turk, Ochos Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. There are four sea days.

My main question was about lunch: I know that if you stay on the ship lunch is included, but am I right there is a free BBQ at Princess Cays? I want to work out how much spending money to bring for lunches, is all. Any advice and guidance would be appreciated from your kind selves!

Lunch is included at Princess Cays. They have hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled chicken, and grilled fish. Plus salads, fruit, cookies, etc.

Oh I didn't know that. Don't know why, but the promise of an extra free lunch has just cracked up my excitement level a notch or too about my fast approaching next cruise!

This board is brilliant for those little insider tips :D

Oh I didn't know that. Don't know why, but the promise of an extra free lunch has just cracked up my excitement level a notch or too about my fast approaching next cruise!

This board is brilliant for those little insider tips :D

Don't get too excited about lunch on Princess Cays. It's waiting in a long line for pre made burgers/ dogs that are all but cold by the time you get back to your lounge spot. It's mere sustinance. At least that was my experience last year.

Don't get too excited about lunch on Princess Cays. It's waiting in a long line for pre made burgers/ dogs that are all but cold by the time you get back to your lounge spot. It's mere sustinance. At least that was my experience last year.

with a -5 temperature in Toronto--that sound REALLY good to me!!!!!

with a -5 temperature in Toronto--that sound REALLY good to me!!!!!
As I remember it, I was standing in that line wearing swim trunks and deck shoes..! :D We are all the way up to 18 degrees in Erie! ;)

Food is pretty much 'picnic' food, but not bad for the 'price'..!! :)

Do people ever take the tender back to the ship at Princess Cays for lunch and then go back on the beach?

That would be quite an effort and time investment just to grab some buffet food at the Horizon Court. We waited until the lines died down a bit and didn't wait at all and the food was fine.

That would be quite an effort and time investment just to grab some buffet food at the Horizon Court. We waited until the lines died down a bit and didn't wait at all and the food was fine.
We only stood in line for probably 5/10 minutes..! Just seemed longer as I had left my beer with my DW! :)

Darned if it wasn't empty when I got back.. :eek:

ps: Before I get 'caught'.. I just remembered; we haven't been to Princess Cays yet! We were at Labadee!! :rolleyes:

Probably pretty much the same.. :D Princess Cays is in 2011..!! CRS moment..

If we did it would be for the MDR.

Is all of this effort just to avoid the barbeque? Seems like way too much of an effort and time. If I weren't going to eat at PC, I'd go there early in the morning and head back around lunch time, get a decent meal on the ship and hang out on the ship for the rest of the afternoon.

I have eaten the food at Princess Cays 3 times now and each time I have been extremely disappointed. The food off the grill by Neptune pool is much better as far as I am concerned. Last time I messed around the island a little bit and just went back to the ship for the food. However, I would still suggest that you try it for yourself so you can as least say you had it. You never know, maybe you will think that it is great!!:)

After a 1st time cruise on NCL out of New York please take me back to the Ruby last Christmas and picinic food on Princess Cay ....I will be back! Great Service much much much better food....great ship never again NCL

Archived