Pre-Cruise Beauty Routine

DoggieDash84

Why do we do it? I always have a pre-vacation beauty routine, but then I wonder...why? We are going on vacation and will most likely not see the majority of people a 2nd time. Most likely, they will not even care what we look like, let alone be paying attention to us. So...the logical answer is...we do it for us (the ones who do it, that is). But why before vacation, when we are supposed to be relaxing?

So what is your routine?

I am planning for mine to be the following:

self tanner (unless I change my mind and want to use pool/hot tub)

hair dye

possible microdermabrasion

maybe lips done

new outfits

new shoes

maybe some new jewelry

possibly new purse

...okay, so I should've said beauty and fashion :o

I am sure that there's something I'm missing, too!!

do something with hair color (change it, highlite it...)

get my hair trimmed

sometimes get a pedi mani

of course by new clothes ..ahh but then I need more shoes,,,and well that means a necklace which of course would look silly with out the earings...

pick up a few new eyeshadows and maybe some new gloss

my husband thinks I'm crazy but has learned not to complain

I also wonder why, but I do it regardless....

Haircut

Lipwax

Biore strips

Touch up roots

Pedicure (done by me!)

new clothes

(swimsuit, jeans, shirts, shoes, purse)

also experimenting with new makeup looks and hairdos

wow, writing it all down it looks even sillier...haha. Honestly, I think I just enjoy it and it's a good push for me to take some time for myself.

I tan and wax...that's it! I do my nails, but I do that EVERY week, whether I'm cruising or not!

I don't buy new clothes specifically for a cruise..I buy for the season...

I do NOT "experiment" with anything....if it works, why mess with it?

I bought a couple of rash guards and two pairs of board shorts, and will be making some new clothes to bring along.

Beauty-wise ... nada. I get my hair trimmed and brows groomed every six weeks anyhow. Fingernails and toenails are kept super-short (I HATE getting stuff under my nails from cooking, crafting, etc.) and I don't ever tan or fake-tan. On the morning of the cruise, I'll hop out of the hotel bed, take a shower and get dressed, then I'll want to GO GO GO!

I usually color my hair before leaving, if I have time. I like to get a haircut at least 2-3 weeks before, my hair is weird the first week or so after a cut.

Pedicure and a gel fill are done as close to the leave date as possible.

I shop from my closet a week in advance and prepare all the clothes (pressed and checked for any mending), also putting all the shoes and accessories with the clothing.

I get my hair colored every 3 1/2 weeks and cut every 7---so I just coordinate the schedule so that's done a few days before we leave.

I don't enjoy pedicures, but do get a toenail polish change because it seems to last longer (and look better) when she does it.

I don't buy many new clothes--prefer to take favorites from what I have, but may fill in with a piece or two.

I guess I'm fairly low maintenance, but here's my list:

hair cut and high-lights timed to be a week or so before we leave

moisturize and exfoliate legs more than usual

try go either get in for a pedi or do it myself

do my own mani (mine always lasts longer - don't know why)

filling travel bottles and jars with beauty products

I do it because we plan for formal and casual family photos. That, and I know I won't mess with that stuff much after leaving! After all, I'm on vacation, for heaven's sake!

I keep up with everything normally so before vacation the only thing I really do is to get my nails done just before leaving. A month or two out I will run through my clothes to see if I need a new swim suit or some other item. I have lots of warm weather clothes and plenty of evening clothes so I don't need much. If I ever go to Alaska then I will really need to stock up on clothes for the cold.

Hmmm...

I give myself a pedicure, buy a couple new things, and try out all my outfits to decide what to take. I pretty much cover my dining room table with clothes and dig my way through. Not exactly a beauty routine, but kind of a personal fashion show. :)

And that's it.

I just made my pre-cruise appointments last week, a pedicure and hair cut and color four days before we leave. Nail fill appt to be made yet hopefully no earlier than a week before we leave. I will use up some tan minutes and space those over a few weeks. As for clothing, for me that is part of the fun of pre-cruise planning. I will be turning 40 at the end of our cruise, and want to shop for a cute little two piece bathing suit and a sexy little black dress (those two things are my goal pieces for weight watchers). I have learned with the last two cruises to not bring as much. We don't cruise until April 11th and I know within the next couple of weeks, I will probably start sorting through my summer stuff for myself and my kids. I find that helps me look forward to it and also that way I can try some stuff on that I definately want to bring and make sure it still fits!! Happy packing everyone!

Not sailed yet, but Im a forward thinker,lol. If I can, I PLAN! So 5 months out Im thinking,ok, 2 root touch ups, before then. week before I plan to get a pedi,and eyebrows, day before Shave my legs really good and tweeze whatever has grown back, slap on some war paint and some flp flops and I hope im good to go!

I am shameless when it comes to this!

Here goes .....

Hair, cut, color, highlites

Manicure

Pedicure

Eyebrow wax

Full body exfoliation at spa

Teeth Whitener

Botox to brow

The older I get, the longer the list gets!

Happy Cruising!

As you can tell from my screen name, I like simplicity.

A few days before departure, I schedule my easy care haircut, lip and brow wax, and mani-pedi (fingernails in clear, because I chip colors so badly). I use exfoliating cleansers and moisturizers on face and body (my usual routine - maybe stepped up just a bit) and I do (please, no lectures) visit the tanning booth for two or three 12-minute sessions - that is enough to give just bit of color.

I don't try any new skin products before the cruise, because the last thing I want is a bad reaction to a new product. I might buy a new lip gloss and a couple of new tanks or tees. I usually buy a new bathing suit. Otherwise I pack things I love that fit well and feel good. Then I just relax on the cruise with no beauty appliances to fool with and a few familiar products.

ok gals, tell me what the difference between acrylic nails or silk wraps. I have a pedi, mani scheduled before cruise and am trying to grow my own out enough to not need either but with my job I'm not all that optimistic that I will accomplish it.

I posted a question on the other thread about beautification before cruising but maybe someone here can answer me....

Why is sunscreen a problem with acrylic nails? I was planning on getting a full set with a french manicure but I also plan on doing some sunning... what's the problem? Do they fall off? Discolor? HELP!

Archived