christmas/new years cruise -yik-expensive airfare

baby

We are facing the same problem as we have booked a 7 day Christmas and a 7 day New Year's cruise in 2010. We can wait for Southwest Airlines to open up to check their pricing; we have a long way to go - from Arizona - and I don't think driving it is an answer for us. Of course, we can always cancel and just give up the idea of flying at that time of year; that may be something we will think about.

Alice

I had to pay $400 this past Christmas for a ticket on SW to fly from TN to PA. I kept waiting for the fares to go down and they never did. That's one of the reasons I don't cruise at the holidays - high cruise prices + high airfare. Not worth it to me.

Roz

Carol, we are on the Ryndam Dec.19 for a 7 day Caribbean and then Dec.26 for another 7 day - same ship. Southwest opens their reservations 6 months in advance so we have quite a long wait yet to see what they will charge that time of year from Arizona to Tampa.

Alice

It's expensive and very crowded at the airports. I did it last year and never again, I will wait until mid January next year.

I flew to Florida on January 1st this year. Ottawa and Toronto airports were deserted. Walked into US Customs in Toronto and I was 5th in line!!! So if you can fly on New Year's day go for it.

Archived