I feel violated...and not in a good way :-(

floridacruzin

Booked through a TA.......any changes that I make to the reservation will incur a 25.00 fee...

Changes as defined in Terms and Conditions: Name change, cabin assignment, Change date of sailing, cancel sailing...you get the drift

So after I waited on hold today for 41minutes, I let them know that the price of my cruise has dropped and her reply "OK, but please note that is considered a change and you will be charged 25.00. The change takes time and we charge an admin fee."

Super friendly me replies "You are my TA should you not be looking out for my best interest in pricing? I am keeping my reservation the same per your T&Cs, and there is no mention of a charge for a price drop. Who shall I charge for the 1hour of my time wasted?"

After back and forth and now 58minutes on the phone, I am getting transferred to the mighty powerful supervisor (who did not want to talk to me) and then it happens BAM...the phone gets disconnected......

Thanks for reading...I will continue to call until I get the answer I want :D To bad I will be holding for 41 minutes each time

Didn't you know that when you booked with this TA? Next time, ask questions, and don't use them if they charge fees!

Or, book directly with the cruiseline....then YOU'RE in charge!

Yup, I knew the charges as listed in their terms and conditions...no mention of Price Drops. I am very much in charge as I will cancel my reservation with them as I am still 99days out, Dispute the charge with Amex (will supply them the T&C provided) and re-book through Carnival.

Is there a good way to feel violated? I'm confused.

But back to your post- that seems really difficult of them but sounds like you are stuck this time- certainly don't use them again. And let them know that. And if they are a big place, tell them you will clarify this online, by name, to your fellow travelers.

Booked through a TA.......any changes that I make to the reservation will incur a 25.00 fee...

Changes as defined in Terms and Conditions: Name change, cabin assignment, Change date of sailing, cancel sailing...you get the drift

So after I waited on hold today for 41minutes, I let them know that the price of my cruise has dropped and her reply "OK, but please note that is considered a change and you will be charged 25.00. The change takes time and we charge an admin fee."

Super friendly me replies "You are my TA should you not be looking out for my best interest in pricing? I am keeping my reservation the same per your T&Cs, and there is no mention of a charge for a price drop. Who shall I charge for the 1hour of my time wasted?"

After back and forth and now 58minutes on the phone, I am getting transferred to the mighty powerful supervisor (who did not want to talk to me) and then it happens BAM...the phone gets disconnected......

Thanks for reading...I will continue to call until I get the answer I want :D To bad I will be holding for 41 minutes each time

We always us a TA . She works out of her home so she is not a large comany.I have to say she is awsome and believe me working with us can be a handful :rolleyes:. We have even become freindly with her and her family and have gone on a group cruise with her. She NEVER charges extra and goes well over and above what she needs to do. I would say deinately eat another 25.00 to get rid of the one you are using and rebook with some one more reputable and less blood sucking.

Yup, I knew the charges as listed in their terms and conditions...no mention of Price Drops. I am very much in charge as I will cancel my reservation with them as I am still 99days out, Dispute the charge with Amex (will supply them the T&C provided) and re-book through Carnival.

Good for you!

But back to your post- that seems really difficult of them but sounds like you are stuck this time- certainly don't use them again. And let them know that. And if they are a big place, tell them you will clarify this online, by name, to your fellow travelers.

It got your attention:D Have to be creative and fun

They are DONE....I will be canceling my cruise and my membership..

High five!! WTG! Way worth the $25 to be rid of those so-n-so's, IMHO.

Well, there was this one time.....well, nevermind :D

I too agree with most of the others above. Pay the $25, and consider it a lesson learned. Rebook with a PVP, or a GOOD agent, (like the one I use) and go on down the road. Tell everyone you know about these blood sucking scum, and maybe, just maybe they'll learn the value of taking care of their customers. (Probably not, but maybe they will)

"SKY"

We always us a TA . She works out of her home so she is not a large comany.I have to say she is awsome and believe me working with us can be a handful :rolleyes:. We have even become freindly with her and her family and have gone on a group cruise with her. She NEVER charges extra and goes well over and above what she needs to do. I would say deinately eat another 25.00 to get rid of the one you are using and rebook with some one more reputable and less blood sucking.

And my experience is the same.....work at home TA with her own company...been sailing with her for 15 years.....and she does whatever needs doing

A price drop is a change by almost any definition. Iv been mentioning a TA site which I quit using because they charge $25 for a change.. a price drop cutting into their commission, especially for a discounter, is a lot of work, hence they started to charge you for that work.

Next time book direct.

Cant have your cake and eat it too sometimes..

I too agree with most of the others above. Pay the $25, and consider it a lesson learned. Rebook with a PVP, or a GOOD agent, (like the one I use) and go on down the road. Tell everyone you know about these blood sucking scum, and maybe, just maybe they'll learn the value of taking care of their customers. (Probably not, but maybe they will)

"SKY"

Sometimes these "blood sucking scum" charge less for the cabin than the cruise line, or major travel agents at the time of the booking. This was probably the incentive for the OP to book with them.

It got your attention:D Have to be creative and fun

They are DONE....I will be canceling my cruise and my membership..

I bet I know who it is then ... same one I used to use, until about Jan of 09 more than a year ago they started this $25 pp change thingee.

the "membership" gave it away. Yep, thats why I joined that one too.

Since you are 99 days out== I would pay the 25.00- transfer the booking. Suppose if the price drops again--- another 25.00 and again--

PLEASE- when booking a cruise ask about hidden costs-- what will it cost to do a, b, c

Since you are 99 days out== I would pay the 25.00- transfer the booking. Suppose if the price drops again--- another 25.00 and again--

PLEASE- when booking a cruise ask about hidden costs-- what will it cost to do a, b, c

They are booked with a TA. What TA is going to agree to transfer it away. You have to get the consent of the TA to transfer from a TA.

As for this TA, I was booked on some before they added this $25 change and tried to tell me it would apply to bookings made before they added the charge... I was like .. I dont think so. Those werent the terms when I booked.

Sometimes these "blood sucking scum" charge less for the cabin than the cruise line, or major travel agents at the time of the booking. This was probably the incentive for the OP to book with them.

200.00 less from a reputiable membership club....I am a smart shopper..and I will fix this, just an unfortunate problem

200.00 less from a reputiable membership club....I am a smart shopper..and I will fix this, just an unfortunate problem

The only way you are going to fix this is to cancel, pay the cancellation fee ( your dispute with AMEX will be denied because you agree that the cancellation penalty applies) and rebook.

This should be a lesson to people that use TAs that discount or give you great credits. These people are not working for free and every time you contact them you make them work more and usually to get less commission.

What part of you are not taking money out of my pocket do people not understand.

It is simply a matter of time until more TAs start charging for any change of any type to a booking including any price change or cabin upgrade, etc.

Better luck next time.

Archived