Dinner in Miami?

sharona211

We're flying in the night before our cruise and staying at a downtown hotel. Haven't been to Miami in years. Where to go to eat dinner and have a few drinks on a Wednesday night? South Beach? Bayside? Coconut Grove? We won't have a car so will be taking a cab to wherever we decide to go. There are 6 of us. Not looking for anything too fancy or trendy - just some good food and fun atmosphere to kick off our vacation. Any recommendations?

Check some of the threads on this board with Blue Heron lists for SoBe. South Beach is probably your easiest bet, if you're cabbing it. Unless there's a particular type of cuisine you'd like to eat, I suggest taking the cab to Lincoln Blvd and then walking around, viewing the menus and select a place that looks interesting and affordable for you. If th eweather is nice, the outside seating for many of these places makes for good people watching and an enjoyable evening.

Tobacco Road

a hidden gem

check out the specials and see who's playing

http://www.tobacco-road.com/

I'll ditto Tobacco Road.

Either that or ride out to Key Biscayne and eat at the Rusty Pelican. Fantastic views of downtown and Biscayne Bay. Almost as soon as you get on Key Biscayne it is on the left at the marina.

I'll ditto Tobacco Road.

Either that or ride out to Key Biscayne and eat at the Rusty Pelican. Fantastic views of downtown and Biscayne Bay. Almost as soon as you get on Key Biscayne it is on the left at the marina.

Any suggestions for restaurants in Coral Gables? staying at the Westin.

Archived