Celebrity got their priorities straight?

Garibo

Don't get so touchy. The point of it all that language is that no one seems to be able to question AQ and if you read through some recent posts, new cruisers are put off by what comes off as attitude.

I have looked at the menus in Blu a bunch of times, and with the mixed reactions that are now part of the experience put forth by a mix of guests, combined with my own tastes, I am not sure that Blu would stand up for me for each and every night. To some extent the dinner menu seems limited to me.

I am not unwilling to try it, I may book it one evening on my next cruise to gain the food and DR experience, but I certainly can comment on what I find the overall benefits are or are not to me and open those opinions up for further discussion.

As I have sais before, Celebrity offer a wide range of arrangements to suit many different tastes and expectations.

....just don't like the "negative tone" that "elitist bandwagon" brings forth...and I'm obviously not alone in reading this thread....

Having said that I am well aware that everyone's tastes are different...THANK GOODNESS!!! It would be a boring old world if we all liked and disliked the same things! I like Blu, would be happy there if I never went to another Specialty Restaurant....VAST majority of those who have ACTUALLY been to Blu on these boards seem to share those feelings....some don't(right teajak?:D) and that's fine too....but I generally don't form opinions about things until I've actually tried them....I was a bit apprehensive about Blu before sailing, not knowing for sure what we would be getting...turned out it was wonderful FOR US...maybe not for the next person.... It's great that Celebrity has so many different options...everyone should be able to find what's right for them!:)

Well, I only get touchy when "forum fighting words" are tossed in my direction--I didn't use them first! :D

I will admit that my wife is a little concerned about Blu--not because of anything anyone said on these forums, but because she likes real desserts and based on the menus we've seen posted on the Net (factual--not opinion--data), she's concerned that the desserts will be lacking (e.g., No Sugar Added Rhubarb Crumble Clafoutis? What's THAT all about?). If we don't like it, though, we'll get our desserts elsewhere or move over to the MDR altogether. We're not going to let it dampen our vacation!

Happy cruising! :)

Example:Strawberry shortcake was very small strawberry creamy gelatin with one-half a strawberry on top.We had a good laugh with this one. I am just mentioning one example of why we didn't care for Blu. JMHO.

....just don't like the "negative tone" that "elitist bandwagon" brings forth...and I'm obviously not alone in reading this thread....

Having said that I am well aware that everyone's tastes are different...THANK GOODNESS!!! It would be a boring old world if we all liked and disliked the same things! I like Blu, would be happy there if I never went to another Specialty Restaurant....VAST majority of those who have ACTUALLY been to Blu on these boards seem to share those feelings....some don't(right teajak?:D) and that's fine too....but I generally don't form opinions about things until I've actually tried them....I was a bit apprehensive about Blu before sailing, not knowing for sure what we would be getting...turned out it was wonderful FOR US...maybe not for the next person.... It's great that Celebrity has so many different options...everyone should be able to find what's right for them!:)

To quote you Gracie:AMEN.:cool:

I was just thinking about this after reading an awful lot of threads on Aqua Class. It almost seems, to me anyway, that guests in Aqua Class rooms seem to get more benefits than those staying in suites.

Some of these benefits include:

• Free Bottled Water
  • Private Restaurant(Blu)
  • Free access to Persian Gardens

None of which guests in suites seem to get. Is it just me or should Celebrity not be affording these amenities to those in the higher cost rooms(suites) rather than Aqua Class.

Any thoughts?

Getting back to the OPs original question, there is a really simple explanation. AQ class was originally being sold as a healthy alternative on the ship with the food in Blu being a prime reason to choose this class of stateroom. The whole combo of Blu and the spa, gym area was the reason you chose Blu....I found the food in Blu to be above that in the MDR but I didn't seen anything particularly healthy about it but it could be just what I chose...

I have done 2 B2B's in AQ class ans an SS on the century- for the balcony.. Now i have two M class ships booked in an SS.

I book AQ Class for the PG and the great shower. I could care less about Blu.. A big part is that 90% are tables fro 2.. i travel alone. But the 3 meals I tried in there I did not like at all.

I personally like space in my cabin for a rainy day to read so in general i like the SS cabins.

As far as paying for PG-when i was on Solstice i do not think it was allowed but on Equinox it was.. made it busy at times..

Everyone here is right it is what they enjoy on their holiday. But i will say this for me being forward in AQ is quiet but do not take cabin 1535 by the crew door.

Getting back to the OPs original question, there is a really simple explanation. AQ class was originally being sold as a healthy alternative on the ship with the food in Blu being a prime reason to choose this class of stateroom. The whole combo of Blu and the spa, gym area was the reason you chose Blu....I found the food in Blu to be above that in the MDR but I didn't seen anything particularly healthy about it but it could be just what I chose...

I think the "healthy" part is more the lower sodium, less heavy sauces than anything else....no, it sure isn't like eating a "Lean Cuisine" meal:D:D

In response to the original poster you are spot on - we have raised with X the issue that the suite is in fact not a real value proposition, particularly the sky suites. he MDR dining experience is "second class" to Blu and the lack of bottled water in the room etc all add up to a big drop in relative value of the suites. (IF you get into Blu you are going to be changed $5 each per night as well)

I loved the butler, I had afternoon tea sometimes however, I find it very hard to justify and extra 40-50% cost for a suite. Both get the "canapes" and we have never had any other perk in a suite that was not also extended to Elites (ie elegent afternoon tea)

Taking account of all this, after 13 cruises in a suite, we will, after our next cruise be revisiting our thoughts on what to book and I would say unless there is a significant change in the suite product, we will be reducing our overall spend on cruises by moving next door to Aqua class

A

I think the "healthy" part is more the lower sodium, less heavy sauces than anything else....no, it sure isn't like eating a "Lean Cuisine" meal:D:D

Point I was trying to make was that was how they were advertising AQ when the S class ships were introduced with Blu, as special class who wanted a healthy environment combined with the Spa and gym...

Point I was trying to make was that was how they were advertising AQ when the S class ships were introduced with Blu, as special class who wanted a healthy environment combined with the Spa and gym...

Well I think they STILL advertise that way...nothing has changed...I just sailed on her last month and that was one of the reason's we went with Aqua Class.......

You know AQ is a great marketing tool. Way back as some know, Concierge Class came to be as a result of a poor location on the ship. The cruiseline turned that drawback into marketing CC as a new thing and cabins that came with special amenities. With the S class, they were able to invent this addtional new opportunity with all the similar logistical drawbacks of the first CC staterooms and call it AQ.

Overall I think they have a succcess with both concepts and CC has never been as good as it is on S class ships. We all know that people like the idea of getting special treatment and feeling special and for some these categories provide this opportunity to talk it up, yet for all those who don't sail these categories for what ever reason, the basic platform that Celebrity provides is very, very good and no one should feel like a second class citizen.

Most of us started cruising in the least expensive categories at one time or another and haven't forgotten where we started. ;) Many who can afford to sail in higher categories chose not to too.

Archived