princess cruisetour? - pickup time from hotel

compozer

I'm booking flights today. We stay at Captain Hook on May 18th. 19th says coach:hotel to rail depot. 19th rail: Anchorage to Talkeetna 8:15 am - 11:05am. What time do you take the coach to the rail???????? Looks like we don't sleep in. I was planning a late flight in and a little walking around in the am BUT that doesn't look like the case.

Is there much to see in Anchorage? We aren't early people and was planning a 9 am flight getting in at 7:35 meaning getting to hotel at 9 or so.

thanks for any help

I'm booking flights today. We stay at Captain Hook on May 18th. 19th says coach:hotel to rail depot. 19th rail: Anchorage to Talkeetna 8:15 am - 11:05am. What time do you take the coach to the rail???????? Looks like we don't sleep in. I was planning a late flight in and a little walking around in the am BUT that doesn't look like the case.

Is there much to see in Anchorage? We aren't early people and was planning a 9 am flight getting in at 7:35 meaning getting to hotel at 9 or so.

thanks for any help

It's the Captain Cook Hotel (British explorer), not the Captain Hook (fictional pirate).:D

Anyway, something you need to know about Princess cruisetours - your luggage does not go with you on the train. Princess takes luggage between the hotels, lodges, ship on trucks. You will be told when to have your luggage either outside your room door or just inside the door. I think it will be 7 AM or so that morning. So, no sleeping in. Also, I'd guess the bus will leave the hotel no later than 7:30 to take you to the train station for a 8:15 train. Could be a little earlier. One reason some don't like cruisetours as there's a lot of hurry up and wait on the tour part.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Didn't have my glasses on. The C looked like a K.

I think this might be my last cruisetour. My husband is only going because I want to, although I'm sure he'll have a great time. This is usually how he is when I'm planning a trip and he always enjoys himself. But he won't be happy about the early departures. Oh well, we'll live thru it.

Getting back to Anchorage, should I try to get an early flight so we can see the town late afternoon?

Thanks for the fast reply.

Didn't have my glasses on. The C looked like a K.

I think this might be my last cruisetour. My husband is only going because I want to, although I'm sure he'll have a great time. This is usually how he is when I'm planning a trip and he always enjoys himself. But he won't be happy about the early departures. Oh well, we'll live thru it.

Getting back to Anchorage, should I try to get an early flight so we can see the town late afternoon?

i got a fligght that arrives around 330 pm. not mujch to see unless you get into the museum but it clsoes at 5.. i know there are hikiing trails out thee. i have stayed at the hotel.. no A/C - only open windows.. some good places to eat there.

When we stayed at the Captain Cook we ate Oysters Rockefeller at the Whale's Tail...omg! So good that when we returned the next week (Arctic Explorer cruisetour) we didn't share a platter- we each had our own. We had never been on a bus tour before and we were told by some that we would be herded around, but we never found that to be true. There is a schedule, but as you have it way in advance, it is easy to comply with. Our drivers/guides were all very nice and well-informed.

I was on a similar Princess cruisetour. Our flight had us getting in very late in the afternoon and then leaving early the next morning on the train. We decided to come in a day early and were very glad. We stayed in the same hotel (but a different room) the first night.

Since it stays light very late in the summer we were able to enjoy the first evening, it was especially nice because it just happened to be the warmest day of the summer, 79 for a high.

The next day was cloudy and cooler but we got to explore the town and relax a little before our trip.

I was thinking about coming in a day earlier but we are staying four days after the cruise so that's long enough away from home.

I booked a flight getting in a 6:30 so that's not too bad.

Enjoy your trips.

jet lag will kill you -the extra day really helps.

Archived