8 cruises and looking for a suggestion for the 25th anniversary...??

doitallWMB

My DW and I have been on 8 cruises, and most recently the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan this January. We disliked the port intesive stuff somewhat. We are looking for a nice back to back for 14 days or one cruise for between 10 and 14 days. It will be our 25th anniversary in the summer of next year and we want to celebrate in style. Any suggestions of itenerary? We are or will be 46 and 43 with grown children. We like class and actvity without the Carnival style. Nothing against CCL, just not our cup of tea. Never been on HAL. Cruise history includes RCCL 3 times (like a lot), Prncess 2 times, NCL once (Fav so far) and CCL 2 times. Suggestions are welcome and exprerience is awesome. Thanks!

Since you like RCL a lot, and NCL is your favorite, you might not find HAL to be the best fit for you. It's much more sedate.

I suggest you take a good look at what you like most about those other lines, and compare that to what HAL offers, before you make a decision.

Thanks everyone. We are not limited to summer. We normally cruise spring and fall anyway. HAL has always intrigued us, but we've never tried it. I was told by a friend that HAL was a great line to relax and be pampered on. The two Princess cruises were a little like that, but there were a lot of people. Princess did manage the crowds very well, however. We saw the Eurodam in FLL last year and were impressed. Thanks for your suggestions.

A cruise I have on my to do list is the Norway fjords and Scotland. I have looked into the ports etc. and it just looks so beautiful - old worldish. But I think it is only 10 or 11 days in and out of Dover England.

Rather port-intensive, but we love the Baltics.

I have to agree about the Baltics.In 1983 we spent our 25th anniversary on a cruise to the Baltics and still have such fond memories of the trip.Enjoy whatever destination you choose.

Try one in either the spring or fall. We did an 11/1 sailing from Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale. Loved the islands and ports at the beginning, then 7 days on the sea . . . Lots of time to relax and enjoy the pampering that HAL offers. Our "kids" (30's & 40's) enjoy HAL as much as we do. There's plenty for all generations to enjoy.

Have fun planning:)

Archived