"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

Radio,

I AM A DORK! I had you confused with another WONDERFUL live reviewer, Trainman.

I DO love your work and wish you the same best wishes for a great cruise, and Mrs. Radio too.

Sorry:(

Ken

I followed 'live' reports from Trainman and Radio , both were great and I would cruise with either one. Actually both are letting me cruise with them, sorta!

Hi Radio,

We will be sailing with you tomorrow.

Are you going to the Meet and Mingle?

Would like to meet you.

Yes, I will be at the Meet and Mingle on Sunday !

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello everyone . . . Today I really just relaxed for the day while exploring Fort Lauderdale a little. I was able to use the pool here, and go down to the beach for a bit. It turned out to be a very sunny day, while the temps were a little cooler than usual in Fort Lauderdale. (65F) I had some wonderful Sushi last night, and I am happy to say that there are several Starbucks located near the Hyatt.

I also went over to Port Everglades for a while to see the ships that were in port.(HAL Noordam, and Maasdam)

I will be picking up Mrs. Radio at the FLL airport at 5PM, and she will be in cruise mode, I can assure you. We will both wake up tomorrow and be able to view 6 ships in Port Everglades. We will both be up before 5AM to watch Oasis pull in to the port.

Here are a few picks from today. . . This should be the start of many more, starting tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. I was thinking of starting the “LIVE” post tomorrow morning, but I guess this early post was the right thing to do. . .

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

The Hyatt Pier 66 (A Wonderful Hotel !)

P18.JPG

They really have a great pool here.

P24.JPG

The Pier Rooftop area offers some great views (This was taken from the Balcony of the lounge)

(They only open this area up for private events, and Sunday Brunch)

P14.JPG

The views from the inside are nice as well

P15.JPG

My view of Port Everglades

P31.JPG

The Oasis of the Seas will be Docked here at Terminal 18 (Terminal 19 in the foreground)

(This photo was taken from the top of the Everglades Southport Garage this morning)

P25.JPG

Radio:

I am so happy you are posting again. I am one of your biggest fans. You do the best blogs with the greatest pictures. I was suppose to be on the 9 night cruise on the Explorer of the Seas right now but got sick with cancer in January and currently receiving chemo for rectal cancer. We love to cruise 4 times a year and we are addicted to cruising. Now that I am home sick getting the chemo at least I will have some excitment by reading your blogs they make you feel like you are there with you. I'm currently booked on Celebrity Solitice for April 11 when I get a week off from chemo. I just pray to GOD that I feel good enough to go. There's no guarantee that I will feel good but I'm going to try to go. The ship looks beautiful. I took the insurance out just in case. Just nervous flying with the side effects of chemo but I need a cruise bad after what I've been through. God welling we are also booked on NCL Epic in October 2010. Anyway enjoy your cruise on the Oasis Radio and looking forward to reading you everyday and seeing the pictures. Can't wait to go on the Radio's ride on the Oasis.

Keep up the good work everyone love's you on here.

David from NEW JERSEY

95 cruises and 105 more to go.

I enjoyed your pictures of the Hyatt; I remember the first time we sailed from Port Everglades going up to the top of the hotel for the view. My Daddy loved seeing all the ships. He was really into mechanical things and was awed by the size of the ships (at that time the 70,000 ton range).

Hi all!

Radio ~ so happy you've begun your "live" already. I had you marked on my calendar for going tomorrow & actually went on your RC to wish you "bon voyage". I can hardly wait to see what you have to say about Oasis as it' s a ship I'd like to try ~ loved Freedom, thanks.:D

cruzship21 ~ fingers crossed for a great outcome for you & that you'll be able to cruise

& enjoy it after your treatments. I'm going on the Epic too, but not 'til next May !

Take care.

~Jo~ :)

Radio,

I was able to copy your photos from the Celebrity Mercury and I created an album for my parents. They loved it! Your shots of the Sea Smoke amazed them!

Enjoy your cruise! I know I will totally enjoy following your posts!

Joy

Whoopee from me too. I think I posted a while back that I wished we could take up a collection and send you on the inaugaral so we'd all have an up close and personnal look at the ship from the get go. Looking forward to sharing your cruise.

Hello everyone. . . My wife’s flight was scheduled to come in today at 4:55PM. I left the Hyatt today at 4PM. I thought there would be a lot of rush hour traffic. . . I was right. At 4:15, Mrs. Radio called to let me know her flight had arrived ! Wow. . . Southwest is on the ball ! Of course I didn’t get to the airport until about 4:30.

No worries. . We are at the hotel after a nice dinner. We have adjusted our Flight Bags, Train Bags, and cruise Bags so we are now aware of what goes on the ship, and what goes back in the car.

Tomorrow will be a busy day at Port Everglades. With us at the port will be Holland America Eurodam, Crown Princess, Costa Atlantica, MSC Poesia, and Independence of the Seas. I will try to get some pics from the hotel tomorrow of all of the ships in port.

Here are a few pics from today. . . Thanks for tuning in. . . . Tomorrow is OASIS OF THE SEAS !

Radio

The pool here at the Hyatt is wonderful. . .It is heated too

P37.JPG

There are a lot of cabanas, and a lot of loungers.

P36.JPG

Have your Cruise Documents, and Photo ID ready as you approach the Port Security.

P33.JPG

Independence of the Seas will be docked here tomorrow.

P34.JPG

There were a few people on the beach today, but not many around 2PM.

P27.JPG

The water is calm, and the sand is soft. I love the Fort Lauderdale beaches.

P32.JPG

Whoopee from me too. I think I posted a while back that I wished we could take up a collection and send you on the inaugaral so we'd all have an up close and personnal look at the ship from the get go. Looking forward to sharing your cruise.

Ha ha. . .Thanks Vicki. I tried to go on the Inaugural, but my work schedule would not allow it.

Radio

;);)

We were on the Oasis for the February 6th cruise it was incredible! We arrived at terminal 18 at 10:15 and were in group 1 to board the ship and were on at 11:15 so get there early. Will be looking forward to your photo's and review. I was having cruise withdrawal so I just booked AOS out of San Juan for next January.

Have a great cruise I know you will!

Thank you Radio!!!! This is just what we need to bridge the gap between now and our April cruise on the Radiance.

Please tell Mrs Radio that we are very grateful for her letting you take all the time to post during your cruise and to let us cruise along with you!!!!

I hope you and Mrs Radio have a wonderful time. :) :)

Radio, I just found your stuff and it's terrific.

Looking forward to reading your Oasis travels and, if I find you on Explorer in May, you have at least one drink of the day coming to ya.

I also see you did the Victory to Canada cruise, except you could actually see it.

Anyway, fair winds and we'll hopefully see you in May.

I am hoping that my Internet connection will be reliable, as I will require a stable connection to post photos throughout the week.

Hi Radio,

I'm new to the board, but I sailed Oasis on February 20th and wanted to share some info. The internet connection was extremely stable and based on speed tests, unexpectedly fast. I was using my own laptop on the open sea (not at any ports) in my stateroom and was getting DSL speeds (5 Mbs Down/.5 Up for the tech savvy) which I didn't even know was possible via satellite.

Have a great trip, you will absolutely LOVE it!

It's about time for me to get some shut eye. . .Tomorrow should be a long day. . . .

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

;);)

Looking across the 17th St Bridge

P23.JPG

The Hyatt Pier 66

P5.JPG

Archived