April 2011 San Francisco voyages canceled

califgary

I just got word that the 3 voyages in April 2011 on the Star Princess out of San Francisco to Mexico have been canceled. The person I spoke to didnt know why or what the changes are will just have to stay tuned I guess - Anyone hear anything about this and if so what happened???

I got an email this morning stating that my cruise on April 19, 2011 was cancelled. I called to see if I could switch the booking to another date, but was told that all of the RT Mexican Riviera cruises out of SF have been cancelled.

Ive been reading another board dedicated to princess and word over there is that they've decided to keep the Star in Europe for Spring 2011 as they have also canceled the South America voyages as well that would have brought her to the Pacific.

Hopefully, they will assign another ship so that we can still have the SF-Mexico sailings!

Bummer that we are losing these SF cruises! There won't be a replacement because all of the ships already have their itineraries for April 2011. Maybe in 2012 they will add the SF cruises to Mexico.

Ive been reading another board dedicated to princess and word over there is that they've decided to keep the Star in Europe for Spring 2011 as they have also canceled the South America voyages as well that would have brought her to the Pacific.

Hopefully, they will assign another ship so that we can still have the SF-Mexico sailings!

I figured that was coming, those ships can't take the beating of those storms all the time in SA.

Just got off the phone with Princess... the agent told me the March 2011 South America cruise is cancelled as of today. Said we'll be getting notification starting this evening. Also, said on March 17, the new Star itinerary would be released. Really, really disappointed. Why was such a decision made... does Princess think there is going to be another earthquake in Chile next year??

We JUST booked this thing 4 days ago. I had wondered about this being

cancelled, especially since hearing that Princess was cancelling all the

South America cruises for 2011, so my wheels started turning.

I just e-mailed the TA telling her to throw our FCC's back into the hopper.

Yet another reason why I HATE booking so far out. Something always,

always happens.:mad:

I just got word that the 3 voyages in April 2011 on the Star Princess out of San Francisco to Mexico have been canceled. The person I spoke to didnt know why or what the changes are will just have to stay tuned I guess - Anyone hear anything about this and if so what happened???

We know your disappointment. When we returned from our March 2009 Cruise we had a message from our TA telling us our April 2010 Mexican Rivera Cruise had been cancelled. A couple days later I booked the Grand Princess for the 14 Night Caribbean Collection Cruise sailing 26 March 2010. That helped us get over the disappointment.

Wow, the MX cruises are dropping like flies! Radiance of the Seas just got repo'd to Australia which means no sailing out of San Diego anymore. And Norwegian Star is going to FL next year so no more out of LA.

That leaves only 3-4 ships going to MX?!?!?! I think it's Mariner, Sapphire and a couple of old HAL ships. Oh, and the Disney Wonder, but that's not a cruise for everyone's taste.

Why do cruise lines take so much away from us Left Coasters? And why the heck won't they sail more Pacific Coast itiniaries?????? :eek:

UGH.

Interesting. I'm booked on the Star from Santiago to SF next March 23rd. I wonder if my cruise has been cancelled? Going to go to My Princess to check.

Interesting. I'm booked on the Star from Santiago to SF next March 23rd. I wonder if my cruise has been cancelled? Going to go to My Princess to check.

Ut Oh Pam, I just checked your sailing. When it says Pricing can not be displayed at this time, when other cruises I checked still show prices, that isn't a good sign at all. Good Luck!

Ut Oh Pam, I just checked your sailing. When it says Pricing can not be displayed at this time, when other cruises I checked still show prices, that isn't a good sign at all. Good Luck!
Yeah... tried to get into My Princess and it's being "updated." I'm guessing this cruise has been canceled. Bummer. Oh well, there are always other opportunities. Maybe something to HI.

I think Princess is going more global, as are Disney and RCI. And HAL, Celebrity, and even Carnival. Spank me or thank me, but I think the days of the same old-same old days of cruising the same-old same-old Mexican Riviera/E and W Caribbean/Southern Caribbean ports week after week are coming to an end. These ports are basically "over-cruised", and people are wanting something less familiar and more exotic. Ships are even pulling out of Alaska. I'm predicting that cruise lines will leave older ships to do the familiar itineraries, while positioning their newer and larger ships to do the "less-travelled roads". I'm just saying.

Ouch...hope you don't now have nonref air tickets...

I was just looking at Princess to try a different line and was considering Mex Riveria as the destination...a few other destinations still exist so all hope is not lost...

No worries...port of SFO is a 45 min drive! :D

That is exactly the same situation I encountered last evening with

my now-canceled cruise.

am now looking at booked the Sapphire to Hawaii for 3/26:D

Yeah... tried to get into My Princess and it's being "updated." I'm guessing this cruise has been canceled. Bummer. Oh well, there are always other opportunities. Maybe something to HI.

We got emails on it last night, Pam. By now you should have too. It seems they cancelled the 3/9 and the 3/23 cruises. However, I am also booked on the 2/23 cruise; Santiago to Rio, and that one seems to be intact. Now it's just a "wait and see" where the cruise goes from Rio and if in fact I want to be on it.

Wow, the MX cruises are dropping like flies! Radiance of the Seas just got repo'd to Australia which means no sailing out of San Diego anymore. And Norwegian Star is going to FL next year so no more out of LA.

That leaves only 3-4 ships going to MX?!?!?! I think it's Mariner, Sapphire and a couple of old HAL ships. Oh, and the Disney Wonder, but that's not a cruise for everyone's taste.

Why do cruise lines take so much away from us Left Coasters? And why the heck won't they sail more Pacific Coast itiniaries?????? :eek:

UGH.

And the Sapphire is only going to be serving Mexico part-time. She'll be supplementing the Golden on the Hawaii run for several weeks.

We got emails on it last night, Pam. By now you should have too. It seems they cancelled the 3/9 and the 3/23 cruises. However, I am also booked on the 2/23 cruise; Santiago to Rio, and that one seems to be intact. Now it's just a "wait and see" where the cruise goes from Rio and if in fact I want to be on it.
Haven't received an email but I bet my TA has. She's going to be bombarded with questions.

We've booked the Sapphire for a 7day out of LA as a backup - still hoping against hope that another ship will be assigned to the west coast. I read in this thread a southern caribbean voyage got canceled could it be that ship may be the replacement? I think its the Grand -

*update* I just checked and it is the Grand and its April 14 day Caribbean itineraries are also canceled - Im keeping my fingers crossed that the Grand may be sent westward to SF!

Archived