Series Finale of LOST night we depart!!

citygirl

OMG just realized the FINAL 2 hr conclusion of LOST is the night we depart Solstice 5/23, will we be able to get a regular ABC channel on stateroom TV just off the Fl coast?

PS yes we have a DVR but this is the series finale to the only show since Friends that I care about

That's a bonafide weenie shrinker.

If I had to choose between my cruise and missing the finale to '24' or BattleStar Galactica, I'd have to think about it.

At very least I'd have to seperate myself from ANY TV, internet, or conversational giveaway so I can watch the DVD whenever it comes out.

OMG just realized the FINAL 2 hr conclusion of LOST is the night we depart Solstice 5/23, will we be able to get a regular ABC channel on stateroom TV just off the Fl coast?

PS yes we have a DVR but this is the series finale to the only show since Friends that I care about

You have the option of Hulu or abc.com they both will have it from the internet.

thanks for the internet option and yes we will have laptop but from what I understand about connection speeds, watching a 2 hr tv show would cost a fortune and most likely be quite frustrating just don't want to hear all about it before I can see it since I'm sure they will save all the suspense till the final night

Yes you will be able to get it, it may be a little later due to time change!

Sorry,No. Solstice uses a satellite systen and it doesn't not allow for ABC network. It has very limited choices. NO current tv schedules. EXCEPT a sports event if they can pull it in on ESPN.

wow one more yes I can get it to counteract the no I can't and I'll be all set, Thanks

Set your DVR. Then if you don't want to use a couple hours of sun and fun to watch it on your computer at a port, you'll see it at home. If anyone brings it up at home before you watch it, tell them to keep quiet.;)

You're kidding right? You have to be kidding....

It was all a dream! JR Ewing told me so!

wow a simple question gets so many smart aleck responses makes me wonder why people come on this board, do u just like to belittle nice folks all the time or only when they are on vacation

if you meant me I didn't mean to belittle you....I REALLY thought you had to be kidding....I mean you're going on a CRUISE, a wonderful cruise, there isn't a TV show anywhere that's worth worrying about when you're going on a cruise.....just my opinion of course.....

OK..then, if you ARE serious....record it and just tell your friends not to discuss it with you till you watch it on your return....

MORE importantly, enjoy your cruise and don't think about it....

honestly yes I was serious, while I would never cancel a vacation based on a TV show viewing, I feel that we each have our individual likes and dislikes, some people seem to love the bar scene on the ship and its not for us but I just figure to each his own, doesn't effect me unless they spill a drink on me and seeing this show would be nice for my husband and I

And I am another who just does not comprehend how someone going on a wonderful cruise could be so tied to a TV show that it bothers them. The cruise is reality to be enjoyed while you can:) and I have no intention to diss anyone. Just that we obviously work from a different sense of values and interest.

honestly yes I was serious, while I would never cancel a vacation based on a TV show viewing, I feel that we each have our individual likes and dislikes, some people seem to love the bar scene on the ship and its not for us but I just figure to each his own, doesn't effect me unless they spill a drink on me and seeing this show would be nice for my husband and I

indeed...to each his own....hopefully you will have such a wonderful time on the cruise that the show never crosses your mind.....

incidentally there are LOTS of on demand movies that your husband and you can enjoy...

I know what you mean about LOST, and I wouldn't want to miss it either. If you *reaallllyyyy* want to see it as soon as possible, can you ask a friend to put it on a DVD for you, and ship it overnight to your first port of call? Then you can watch it on your laptop!

I hope nobody spoils the ending for you. :)

wow a simple question gets so many smart aleck responses makes me wonder why people come on this board, do u just like to belittle nice folks all the time or only when they are on vacation

Look, you asked the question. I guess only two answers were possible. Yes, you can. No, you can't. It would appear to me that no is the answer.

Now, you have two choices. (well 3)

1) DVR it (and hope your friends keep their mouths shut).

2) Try the internet . . . . slow as it may be.

3) Cancel the cruise, especially if it is going to ruin your cruise (and omigosh, maybe even the rest of your life).

Of course, you could always petition Celebrity . . . . . . . . . naaaaah

Archived