Where to stay on the Dream?

cinmell

We are planning on booking a cruise for next March on the Dream. We've only been on one cruse (11 years ago) and had a balcony room which we loved.

Now we are thinking of a junior suite but I just read about wrap around balconies. I don't know what to book! Is it better to be at the front, back or middle of the ship? Which deck is the best? We are pretty new to this and overwhelmed with all of the information.

Thank you!

IMO, I'd grab a cove balcony cabin mid ship. Especially if you're a bit prone to seasickness. If you want a balcony so you can enjoy some sun, go with the midship cabins on the Empress or Verandah deck that are a bimore aft, away from overlooking the Lanai deck spa tubs. For wrap balconey cabins I believe 9472 and 9475 on the Vista deck have the largest wraps and best room config. Some one else may have different view.

IMO, I'd grab a cove balcony cabin mid ship. Especially if you're a bit prone to seasickness. If you want a balcony so you can enjoy some sun, go with the midship cabins on the Empress or Verandah deck that are a bimore aft, away from overlooking the Lanai deck spa tubs. For wrap balconey cabins I believe 9472 and 9475 on the Vista deck have the largest wraps and best room config. Some one else may have different view.

Cove balcony-#2309 was great. Just a suggestion.

Having stayed on the Dream in both an aft corner (deck 7) and a mid-ship suite. I can say we would not sail in EITHER again. We are already booked for an aft corner on deck 6 (the BEST of all decks for aft corners) and will keep that reservation due to others booked next to us. If that were not the case, we would likely go for a Cove balcony -- I REALLY dislike the fact that the Lanai which goes around the ship partially blocks the water view, provides space for loud people to congregate below your cabin, and is overly lit at night.

Tom

If you're looking for sun do not get the deck 9 aft wraps. We saw them and they were very nice and we debated getting one for the Magic but there is a complete overhang so you will get no sun. On the other hand it's good to keep out the rain.

We had an aft wrap on deck 7 and liked it. We booked the same cabin on the Magic for next May. We don't like deck 6 because it's over a lounge and the deck 8 cabin is a little smaller to us. On deck 7 you're between other cabins so it's quieter.

If you're looking to get an aft facing cabin get one next to the aft wraps. Our friends were next to us in 7454 and their balcony was at least 50% larger than the other aft balconies. This is only true on the Dream (and presumably on the Magic) because we've had that cabin on other Conquest class ships and that's not the case.

We also saw a cove balcony cabin and we liked that as well and would try that in the future. It's pretty neat being that close to the water.

There are lots of great cabins. You'll just have to keep cruising and try them all.

Having stayed in a lido deck Balcony , overlooking the infamous deck below , I also would not stay anywhere other than a Cove balcony .

That being said , I would stay in an Interior otherwise , just make sure to book a room with another on top or below .

Archived