Is RCL Still Hosing Meet & Mingles

I posted this question on Monday and didn’t receive any responses, so I’m rephrasing the title to see if it generates any information.

We are set to sail on 3/26/10 - 8 days from now. Our sailing has still not received any information on our M&M. :(The last sail date listed on the confirmed Meet & Mingle list is 3/22. There are 19 sailings from 3/26 - 4/5 that have confirmed Meet & Mingles, but no date, time, or location is listed. The webpage states the info is available 4 weeks out. I know on previous M&M’s we’ve received the details a few weeks out. Someone from our Roll Call has called RCL, but has not received a call back. Surely, there is someone who reads the Main RCL Board on one of these 19 sailings that may be wondering about this too or maybe has spoken with RCL. Any ideas? Right now, we’re working on “Plan B” incase RCL doesn’t come through.

And I can't edit the title to read Hosting instead of Housing.

It looks like the Jewel has the required 25 people. Don't let it worry you that the date & time has not been posted. That happened to me on the Serenade in January. RCI did not post date and time until a few days prior to sailing. There was an invitation in the cabin when we arrived.

I posted this question on Monday and didn’t receive any responses, so I’m rephrasing the title to see if it generates any information.

We are set to sail on 3/26/10 - 8 days from now. Our sailing has still not received any information on our M&M. :(The last sail date listed on the confirmed Meet & Mingle list is 3/22. There are 19 sailings from 3/26 - 4/5 that have confirmed Meet & Mingles, but no date, time, or location is listed. The webpage states the info is available 4 weeks out. I know on previous M&M’s we’ve received the details a few weeks out. Someone from our Roll Call has called RCL, but has not received a call back. Surely, there is someone who reads the Main RCL Board on one of these 19 sailings that may be wondering about this too or maybe has spoken with RCL. Any ideas? Right now, we’re working on “Plan B” incase RCL doesn’t come through.

And I can't edit the title to read Hosting instead of Housing.

You have 67 people who have signed up for the Meet & Mingle for your cruise. In looking at the cofirmed list, you will have a Meet & Mingle. They just have not yet assigned the day and time.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ccConfirmedPartyList.do?src=CCC

I certainly hope not!!! I signed up for a M&M on my upcoming cruise, but I'm not going if they're going to be hosing us!

(Housing would be OK, but hosing is totally unacceptable.)

You've got a choice, either be "hosed" or walk the plank. :D

Is this late notification something new? I know last year we had our notification easily 3 weeks ahead. We are trying to plan a couple of events to coincide with the M&M and it would be nice to know the details before everyone starts to travel.

And I'm sure having trouble typing today.

If there are any previous sailings for your same ship and itinerary showing they usually do the M&M at the same time/place each week. Take a look to see when those were if you are looking to plan a bit.

Otherwise, don't worry it will show up.

You've got a choice, either be "hosed" or walk the plank. :D

Is this late notification something new? I know last year we had our notification easily 3 week ahead. We are trying to plan a couple of events to coincide the M&M and it would be nice to know the details before everyone starts to travel.

And I'm sure having trouble typing today.

It is the job of the Cruise Director and staff to schedule the M&M's. Keep monitoring the site. The schedule should be updated at anytime now.

If there are any previous sailings for your same ship and itinerary showing they usually do the M&M at the same time/place each week. Take a look to see when those were if you are looking to plan a bit.

Otherwise, don't worry it will show up.

No, there are no other Jewel sailings listed. Thanks for the vote of confidence it will show up.

You can contact the M&M people by emailing them at

xplora@rccl.com

Thanks for the email! I will email them right now.

To be honest just because it's on the list doesn't necessarily mean it will be held on the day and time noted..... we had all sorts of problems last year on Jewel.... no invites, no confirmation and then there was an announcement on the tannoy to say it was on in 10 minutes..... only just picked this up in the solarium to run back to the cabin, change clothes, grab gift and head off..... and we were in an aft cabin which made it all the more fun!!

I certainly hope not!!! I signed up for a M&M on my upcoming cruise, but I'm not going if they're going to be hosing us!

(Housing would be OK, but hosing is totally unacceptable.)

Rats -- the best straight line of the day and I was off watching basketball.

I was on the Jewel about a month ago and we had about 30-40 folks at the meet and mingle. I belive RCCL waits before scheduling to see what size room they need but you will be informed and will have an envelope waiting upon your arrival. It was held in the morning on the first full day at sea. They had some pretty good raffle prizes and some fancy finger food. What impressed me was in addition to the cruise director (Chris Northey on our cruise) they had the directors of all the customer service departments in attendance. Enjoy...I am still going through withdrawals.

• 1 month later...

This is my first RCCL cruise. I was all excited because I thought there was a M&G on every cruise. Now I find out it is only on the 7 day or longer. So, what happens on the shorter cruises. Does someone contact group services to get a place to meet like on Carnival or do we just do this solo?

We had a M&M on our April TA on the Navigator. However, the meeting place was changed without our realizing it and we missed all but the last 10 minutes or so.

We had hurried up to the original lounge; no one there. So finally we headed back down to our room. I rummaged around the desk and finally found a card with the new meeting place that had been put in our room and we'd somehow missed it.

So check your room for a card that verifies the meeting place and time.

This is my first RCCL cruise. I was all excited because I thought there was a M&G on every cruise. Now I find out it is only on the 7 day or longer. So, what happens on the shorter cruises. Does someone contact group services to get a place to meet like on Carnival or do we just do this solo?

You can plan something through your roll call if it is active and has enough participants.

Are the ships not listed on the M&M until there are enough participants? We are going on the Enchantment out of Baltimore 6/18 and that sailing is not listed- plenty of other sailings after-can't imagine they have enough people yet. I know we do not have enough yet, but expected to at least see the ship listed.

Are the ships not listed on the M&M until there are enough participants? We are going on the Enchantment out of Baltimore 6/18 and that sailing is not listed- plenty of other sailings after-can't imagine they have enough people yet. I know we do not have enough yet, but expected to at least see the ship listed.

your specific sailing is only listen when there is enough people the 25 people. You can check in the same place you registered for your M and M lower on the page how many are signed up both for your sailing, and if curious those that you think may not have enough people.. hope this helps

You'd be surprised how quickly some M&Ms meet the minimum requirement. Usually it happens with cruises that have a very active roll call thread.

M&Ms are not listed until the minimum of 25 registrants has been met or exceeded and the date, time and location of the M&M may not be added until just before the sailing date. On occasion this information will change once you are onboard, but an invitation with the up to date information should be in your stateroom when you arrive.

We went to an M&M - I think it was the Indie - and the Group Co-Ordinator said, in answer to my query, that no officers EVER attend M&Ms on Royal Caribbean and she has worked for them for four years. Four years - hehehehe!!! Oh, she said that the Cruise Directors are much too busy to do such things. Hello?

I am sure Captains Bang and Sullivan would be rather surprised - after all, they were in uniform! The phantom captains!! Also the many, many CDs who attend. I rather think she never bothered notifying them - quite an opinionated young woman.

There doesn't really seem a formula for these. Usually first seaday - and hopefully our next one won't be until the sun is over the yardarm. (This expression is thought to have its origins in an officers' custom aboard ships sailing in the north Atlantic. In those latitudes, the sun would rise above the upper yards - the horizontal spars mounted on the masts, from which squaresails were hung - around 11 a.m. Since this coincided with the forenoon 'stand easy,' officers would take advantage of the break to go below for their first tot of spirits for the day.)

Until the invite is on your bed, plans are apt to change. If a paying group wishes to use the venue, it takes precedence over M&Ms which are freebies.

Archived