Trays in Buffet?

bsb4273

No they don't...and I wish they did. You know, this was something that I REALLY noticed on Disney...having the tray makes it so much easier to navigate the buffet area with your food, drink, utencils, while looking for a table. They do make a difference, but I understand if they were taken away as a cost savings measure.

They don't have trays. However, if you need help there is plenty of employees that work the area they have always been ready and willing to help when asked. Don't worry about untencils because they are already wrapped in cloth napkins at each table.

Personally, I prefer having no trays. I can't tell you how much food I have seen wasted on cruise ships when people (myself included) would pile tons of food onto their plates (on a tray) and then not eat it. Very often, the eyes are bigger than the stomach. Without trays, you take only what you can carry. That said, I understand the complaints from those who need help, but as mylesf indicated, the staff will help you (and yes, I have seen that on numerous occasions).

I just came off the star and there were no trays. I was on the star for 7 days I seen one person being helped on the cruise.

When we were on the Jewel we were asked many times if we needed help.

I picked up one at the dollar store. we used it to bring snacks back from the blue lagoon or when we wanted to eat by the loungers. put it in the bottom of the suitcase before packing. we just tossed it away at the end.

Its true that trays have gone the way of the dinosaurs... and it was more than likely a health issue that caused their demise rather than a "cost savings measure". HOWEVER... if you truly must have a tray, there is a little trick you can employ to get one, and then you could conceivably use it all cruise long if you wish... provided you have a good hiding place in the cabin...

Early in the cruise... order room service of any sort. Your food will be delivered on a tray. Hide the tray and use it at the buffet/blue lagoon etc.

I know you may say "Oh no trays", but like some said - you wont miss them. Its easier to navigate, people don't bump into you or you don't bump into them with the worry of "I'll knock there tray over, or they'll knock mine". If you use two different plates, put one down - have your other partys sit with , go back up for more.:D

The lack of trays has nothing to do with cost or germs. The trays were eliminated to keep people from sneaking in a 6:30 am and placing trays and books on 10 tables to hold them all day,,,;)

No idea if that is true, but wait until the Epic sails. Part of the buffet area includes one of the very, very few forward looking spots on the ship. I can not imagine the number of people that will camp out there.

i found it funny how passengers justify the lack of trays--it was simply done to save money by the cruise lines--i think it is a slap in the face to the passengers. The cruise line try and justify it by saying it is more of a hotel experience--

When I see adequate waiters to serve us them i will agree-but that wont happen

I say we should speak up and state our unhappiness --for me my high school cafeteria days are long over

The lack of trays has nothing to do with cost or germs. The trays were eliminated to keep people from sneaking in a 6:30 am and placing trays and books on 10 tables to hold them all day,,,;)

Trays for reserving, towels for reserving where will it end.;):D

Its true that trays have gone the way of the dinosaurs... and it was more than likely a health issue that caused their demise rather than a "cost savings measure". HOWEVER... if you truly must have a tray, there is a little trick you can employ to get one, and then you could conceivably use it all cruise long if you wish... provided you have a good hiding place in the cabin...

Early in the cruise... order room service of any sort. Your food will be delivered on a tray. Hide the tray and use it at the buffet/blue lagoon etc.

PERFECT SOLUTION! Do this or live without a tray.... Its that simple.... Making mountains out of molehills won't solve your problems....

i found it funny how passengers justify the lack of trays--it was simply done to save money by the cruise lines--i think it is a slap in the face to the passengers. The cruise line try and justify it by saying it is more of a hotel experience--

When I see adequate waiters to serve us them i will agree-but that wont happen

I say we should speak up and state our unhappiness --for me my high school cafeteria days are long over

Oh my!

The humanity of it all!

Call out the National Guard.

We are regular in the Buffeteria, and have no problem at all. And, based on the people that go there vs the FREE main dining room, most do not either.

For me, gonna go put on my cut offs, wife beater t-shirt, flip flops, and cook up some popcorn!

Just off the Star-no trays and it worked out just fine. I saw a number of times where a NCL person offered someone a hand. I cannot for the life of me understand kidnapping a tray for the week and trucking it around. The only time it would have been nice is if you are sitting up front by the Grill and make a coffee run and have to carry several cups. I just took 2 large plates and could easliy balance 5 cups on each. Put me in the column of OK with no trays.

The problem that I have with the lack of trays is that I have difficulty walking. I need a walker, or at the least, a cane to walk. I know they say there are crew members who will help (although I've never actually seen it) but I would find it a bit embarrassing to ask for their help. I'm fortunate that I have my DW to help me but I'm sure some don't have that option. It also means that we have to go at the same time. Not a big problem usually but still a minor annoyance.

All that being said, I would never consider it anything but a Minor annoyance that there are no trays.

• 1 month later...
I picked up one at the dollar store. we used it to bring snacks back from the blue lagoon or when we wanted to eat by the loungers. put it in the bottom of the suitcase before packing. we just tossed it away at the end.

Yep - that is exactly what I plan to do for my upcoming Epic cruise. I will probably want to take something back to my cabin for lunch or a snack - I understand the room service menu isn't very extensive.

Archived